Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Waiting for world perks transfer to show up

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2009, 7:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M SEN, Flying Blue Platinum, Executive Club nobody, Hilton Gold, Sol Melia MAS Gold
Waiting for world perks transfer to show up

I know there are threads on this issue, but not on my comment :

I transferred my WP account several weeks ago. I returned the form to Northwest, they confirmed by email that they received it and transferred my miles and status to FB (mostly the miles i care about as status is already on FB for me). No news from FB, and when I call FB, the agent told me it was not possible to transfer miles from one program to another so I just gave up...

Anyone know how long this usually takes once NW sends the transfer to FB ? I would like to book a trip but am low on miles so want to get this done asap... I sent FB an email a few weeks ago as well but not response...
Old Feb 14, 2009, 9:31 am

Programs: M&M
It is highly likely that FB has created another account for you.
Call FB, and give the agent your name and DOB.
Ask the agent to search for the other account under your name.
If she finds one, ask her to merge the new one with the old one.

Originally Posted by robin.goodman
I know there are threads on this issue, but not on my comment :

I transferred my WP account several weeks ago. I returned the form to Northwest, they confirmed by email that they received it and transferred my miles and status to FB (mostly the miles i care about as status is already on FB for me). No news from FB, and when I call FB, the agent told me it was not possible to transfer miles from one program to another so I just gave up...

Anyone know how long this usually takes once NW sends the transfer to FB ? I would like to book a trip but am low on miles so want to get this done asap... I sent FB an email a few weeks ago as well but not response...
Old Feb 14, 2009, 9:49 pm

Anyone know how long this usually takes once NW sends the transfer to FB ?
About 1 week. However, what flytofly outlined is SOP for FB, and they cannot be bothered to contact you or much less send you a new member kit for your new account. Doing so might alert you to the fact you have extra miles to spend.

It is less aggravating to send an email to Worldperks customer service, which will find out your new FB account number and reply within a week. You can then go through the FB process for obtaining a PIN online, check the incoming balance is correct, and email FB customer service to have the accounts combined, which will take anywhere between a few days and a few weeks.

As mentioned in the past on this forum, requesting that your current account be kept will only work if it was originally an AF Frequence Plus account number, not a KLM Flying Dutchman number, a potential nuisance as the replacement card could take months to come.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 4:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M SEN, Flying Blue Platinum, Executive Club nobody, Hilton Gold, Sol Melia MAS Gold
thanks for the advice, i sent an email to NW
my FB account was created in FB, not legacy AF or KL
Old Feb 23, 2009, 10:51 am
Original Poster

So, foudn today finally, from calling FlyingBlue (who were unusually rude) that they created a new account for me rather than transferred to my existing. She told me this was Northwest fault, and not to complain to her

Anyways, I apparently have to send a letter to have my accounts combined now...very annoying
Old Feb 23, 2009, 1:22 pm

Sorry for your unpleasant (but not unexpected) experience. Mine was based on handling the process for two friends, and I certainly did everything possible to avoid contact with the FB service center and its 'cannot do' attitude.

FWIW, sending an email from the contact form on the FB website was sufficient to combine the accounts in my case. I have long ago learned that the recommended procedure wasn't the most expedient one in France...
Old Feb 23, 2009, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, I just sent an email.

Let's wait and see what happens, I have a FlyingBlue Amex card, so I guess I will have to call them to update my number if FB makes me take the new one.

Did you have any problems transferring the accounts ? I have platinum status in one and silver in the other, so I hope they are smart enough to keep the platinum status, and the 25K status miles I've flown already this year !
Old Feb 23, 2009, 2:12 pm

Did you have any problems transferring the accounts?
No problems at all, but both 'mergers' were of the simplest kind, with no status on either account, and no inbound WP level miles.

You should be able to keep your existing FB account. I believe FB still somehow distinguishes between old FP and FD accounts, as my boarding passes sometimes show my number as KL8xxxxxxxxx, and just wants to get rid of legacy FD account numbers. IIRC this policy wasn't implemented in the early days of FB, as I was able to merge my FP and FD accounts while keeping the latter's number (more or less, as the first and last digit were changed on all ex-FD accounts).
Old Feb 23, 2009, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
I was in similar situation. I sent in form in mid Jan. No word till yesterday and found that NW created new account for me on feb 2!

Anyway, all is well, and I have written asking for accounts to be merged.

Was WP Gold last year but alas did not make renewal, but FB showing I'm Gold. But is that good till Mar 31 or for rest of year?
Old Feb 24, 2009, 1:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
I was in similar situation. I sent in form in mid Jan. No word till yesterday and found that NW created new account for me on feb 2!

Anyway, all is well, and I have written asking for accounts to be merged.

Was WP Gold last year but alas did not make renewal, but FB showing I'm Gold. But is that good till Mar 31 or for rest of year?

You can go to service and reprint your flying blue card, this will have the expiration date of the status on it.
Old Feb 24, 2009, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
You can go to service and reprint your flying blue card, this will have the expiration date of the status on it.
Oui. Merci. C'est 03/2010 !
Old Feb 25, 2009, 8:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Oui. Merci. C'est 03/2010 !
pas mal

Somehow, AF seems to have successfully merged my two accounts...Amazing !
Old Feb 25, 2009, 12:54 pm

Somehow, AF seems to have successfully merged my two accounts...Amazing !
Astounding! Happy burning!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.