Wiki Posts
Search

Getting FB miles to post from Delta

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2008, 11:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB Silver
Getting FB miles to post from Delta

I recently flew from EWK to CHI. I had a booking with Delta with a stop in Cincinnati for the extra segment (which I need for status). Delta canceled either the entire flight or our New York to Cincinnati flight and when I tried to check in at the airport was told the flight was canceled. They had rebooked me the next day. After a bit of discussion with the lady at the check-in counter she got me tickets with Continental for a direct flight. My original booking had my FB number registered. As their webpage doesn't allow FB numbers I had simply called Delta and got it added. In the rush to make the new flight I didn't have time to make sure they got the number into the new booking as well.
I've sent an email to Delta and asked for advice and only got a canned answer back with no new information.
So my question is do I get mileage for the original 2 segments or the newer 1 segment flights?
And who do I pester to get the miles to post? Delta, Continental, KLM ?

Cobos
Old Jul 13, 2008, 3:08 am

Programs: BD*G -> BA Gold + A3*G (now dropped to BA Silver)
You should be able to get the credit for the original 2 segments.

You need to contact flying blue. Make sure you keep a copy of everything that documents the journey such as the e-ticket receipt and the boarding pass stubs for the flights you actually took. If you have it in writing that the flight was cancelled then include that too.

First of all I'd fax the information to the FB helpdesk along with a covering letter explaining the situation and that you'd like to receive the miles for the original booking. The fax number I use is +33 1 58 68 68 00, this goes to the main FB service centre in France. There's also fax numbers for other countries, not sure if they're just local redirects to France or whether they're other service centres.

Sometimes a fax is adequate to credit the miles, other FB agents will reply and say you need to post the originals in. If you do need to post them in please make sure you keep copies of everything in case they get lost in the post.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 3:39 am
j2h

Programs: KL PE For Life; UA Premier; SQ; InterContinental Ambassador; BA Exec
Originally Posted by browserden

First of all I'd fax the information to the FB helpdesk
Don't expect miracles from FB Helpdesk...

- Cancelled an award flight by phone on March 18th
- By April 18th Miles had not been credited (taxes & other charges did show up on my AMEX) so sent a fax to the helpdesk
- By May 22nd nothing had happened so refaxed
- By June 14th still no reaction in any shape or form so sent an email using the webform
- Received an email in response by June 18th that everything would be taken care of within 2 weeks
- On July 11th the miles had still not re-appeared on my account so called the Elite Helpdesk. After a very long wait (had already been prompted by automated system they were busy) spoke to an extremely friendly lady (no complaints there these days) who apologized profusely saying they had been very busy recently and that my request must have fallen through the cracks. She would fill out a form asap and I should expect miles to be credited within a week. They showed up on my account the same day!!!

Long story short - working in a similar line of business as the helpdesk; this also explains my patience...- snail mail and faxes are easier to ignore than emails which in turn are easier to ignore than phone calls.
Just follow one up with another if you do not receive a response within a week!
Old Jul 13, 2008, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Cobos
And who do I pester to get the miles to post? Delta, Continental, KLM ?

Cobos
none of them ... Flying Blue. Make sure you have an ETKT receipt showing old/new routings (old BPs help!) and preferrably a print-out with 'invol. reroute'. As other posters mentioned, this is not an easy task (so keep copies!) and may take 2-3 attempts with the helpdesk. If this gets you status it may be worth the hassle.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 12:39 am
Original Poster

Thanks a lot for the tips I will try to get in touch with Flying Blue and get this fixed when I get home. I still got my boarding pass and the etkt for the reroute for myself, not sure about my wife but I think I've got hers as well. I never got any boarding passes for the original routing though or something formal saying the flight was canceled. Thanks for the excellent tips.

Cobos
Old Aug 7, 2008, 2:32 am
Original Poster

Thanks for all the tips, after 2 faxes, a letter with the original boarding passes from Continental and about 8 telephones I did get the miles to credit. And in some ways it was worth it, look at my new status

Cobos

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.