Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Aeromexico Lounge access on Mexican internal flights for FB Gold/Plats

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2008, 12:32 am
Original Poster

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience concerning lounge access in Mexico Airports? I am FB Gold (Elite + not the US based Elite Gold). Will fly MEX-CUN-MEX and MEX-ACA-MEX
Old Jun 14, 2008, 2:17 am

Programs: AFKL Plat STE+ (LT), OZ Diam+ *G (LT), QF Gold OWS (LTG 83%)
Originally Posted by ALEXIS2004
Hi,

Does anyone have any experience concerning lounge access in Mexico Airports? I am FB Gold (Elite + not the US based Elite Gold). Will fly MEX-CUN-MEX and MEX-ACA-MEX
I did it successfully on MEX VSA last summer. No question asked as a FB plat.
Old Jun 14, 2008, 2:19 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
Not Yet; but have just booked several domestic aeromexico flights and emailed customer services before I did about this. Recieved a very helpful email back saying as Platinum I could use the lounges when in Y on a domestic only flight; Ill take the email along with me!
Old Jun 14, 2008, 6:28 am
Original Poster

So for Platinum, it is a sure thing but I wonder whether they would accept Golds knowing that there are two types of Golds, Elite + and Elite.
Old Jun 14, 2008, 9:47 pm
Suspended

Technically, neither Plat nor Gold should have lounge access. Based on the Flying Blue rules, no access on Skyteam domestic flights unless connecting to international flights.

http://www.klm.com/travel/nl_en/flyi...=txt.benefit#9

Access to lounges
Time to relax. You and your guest have access to our airport lounges* located throughout the world. These lounges were specially designed for you and your needs as one of today’s travellers. Most are completely equipped and provided with internet connections to let you get your work done efficiently. But best of all, they’re also the perfect place to sit back and recharge your batteries.

when you travel:
- and either depart or make a same-day transfer on an international flight operated by a SkyTeam
airline
Old Jun 15, 2008, 10:39 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
i think that "international" is mainly because of the US carriers that have lounge subscription programs, they want to protect this product. All other carriers just don't care if it is international or domestic as long as it is elite plus travelling on skyteam.
Old Jun 15, 2008, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by ranskis
i think that "international" is mainly because of the US carriers that have lounge subscription programs, they want to protect this product. All other carriers just don't care if it is international or domestic as long as it is elite plus travelling on skyteam.
the problem is that AF-KL cares! AM will charge them for any one of us accessing on of their lounges.
Old Jun 29, 2008, 11:50 am
Original Poster

Lounge was great. I arrived by AF on June 27 and I have to say that terminal 1 in MEX was horrible and old. I had to take the flight to Cancun the next day with Aeromexico and they operate out of Terminal 2 and that terminal is really great and best news is that with one FB Gold card in the family, I managed to get wife + 2kids to the Aeromexico lounge which was a really impressive lounge.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 9:20 am

Programs: FB Platinum for Life; BAEC Gold Guest List; Accor Gold.
Hi,

I got lounge access on both MEX-MID (at MEX) and MID-MEX (at MID) with FB Gold. Lounge at MEX (T2) is fantastic; at MID it's very small but all the freebies you could possibly want.
Old Jul 15, 2008, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Well now that trip is finished, I can report that I managed with one Gold card and everyone traveling economy to get myself, wife, and kids to the lounge in MEX, then in CUN, back in MEX, no lounge available in ACA, and back to lounge in MEX. The irony of it all is once I reached CDG on a connection, I was told at terminal 2F "sorry sir, we cannot allow the kids in". Half an hour later, I peaked into the lounge and found that the employee who rejected me had left. I decided to try my luck again, and was told this time "welcome sir with family".

On another note, my flight MEX-CDG was booked under AF437 which in fact is operated by Aeromexico under AM005. My boarding passes were issued as AM005 which I do not think is standard procedure since my ticket was issued as AF437. My miles have not been posted 6 days later, could there be a link?
Old Jul 15, 2008, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

On another note, my flight MEX-CDG was booked under AF437 which in fact is operated by Aeromexico under AM005. My boarding passes were issued as AM005 which I do not think is standard procedure since my ticket was issued as AF437. My miles have not been posted 6 days later, could there be a link?
sure, what was the booking class?
Old Jul 15, 2008, 5:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cfischer
sure, what was the booking class?
It was K class
Old Jul 15, 2008, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It was K class
AM flight # and K-class should earn miles can't be that mix-up. Guess you'll have to mail it in.
Old Jul 16, 2008, 1:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cfischer
AM flight # and K-class should earn miles can't be that mix-up. Guess you'll have to mail it in.
I will wait a little longer and see if miles credited. Of course, I will follow-up, it is question of abt 25,000miles if you count the 4 passengers and bonus. The boarding passes do have the FB numbers printed on them, but my worry is that the check-in agent probably manually changed the flight from AF to AM, so the computer is unable to match the boarding pass with the ticket and thus I did not get credit. On the other hand, when I check the PNR, it gives status of the flight: Flown.
Old Jul 19, 2008, 1:29 am
Original Poster

All miles were credited today. For me, it is the first time it takes 10 days to credit miles. I was getting ready to claim the missing miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.