Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

FB elites comp offer - instant Marriott gold elite [but...]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2008, 9:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver

OK, got an email from FB offering me instant marriott gold status .. URL for FB plats / golds - http://www.joinmarriottrewards.com/flyingblue/FBG2

So they set up a marriott number for me, and when I tried to login, it didnt work. Emailed customer support and also told them to merge some 8K odd points from a marriott blue card I keep around (I mostly stay at hilton and priority club - interconti/crowneplaza/holiday inn etc properties)

So here's the Marriott reply -

Dear XXX:

Thank you for contacting our Marriott Rewards Center regarding your account.

The account number [] you provided has been activated and merged into your pre-existing account number [] which my system found when I requested activation of the number you gave me. The account number [] is your actual permanent Marriott Rewards account number please use it from now on.

I apologize that KLM Air France did not know that XXX was already a member of Marriott Rewards and therefore did not qualify for the Gold Elite offer in the letter that was sent

Only new Marriott Rewards members may participate in the Elite upgrade offer from KLM Air France.

KLM Air France is also offering a promotion for triple miles for existing Marriott Rewards members. To participate in the promotion you must be a miles earner. I have changed your earning preference to miles so that you will be eligible to participate in this promotion.

[etc]

Last edited by hserus; Mar 27, 2008 at 9:03 pm Reason: remove my name there
Old Mar 28, 2008, 3:57 pm

got the mail also and had the same problem. I didn't really care since I spend only 1 or 2 nights a year at a Marriott
Old Mar 28, 2008, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
good to know ... let's open a new account
Old Mar 29, 2008, 11:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G
So is the Gold status ongoing? Will it not expire? And can I try to combine it with my basic account? Just got bumped down from Silver.
Old Mar 29, 2008, 7:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
Originally Posted by sjefenole
So is the Gold status ongoing? Will it not expire? And can I try to combine it with my basic account? Just got bumped down from Silver.
That's the whole point with comp status offers - they are valid for a year. Not lifetime.

Oh, and Marriott was pretty clear when they emailed me that this is for FB gold/plat elites who are NOT already marriott card holders. They refused me as I have an old marriott blue card that I hardly ever use, and they'll refuse you as you already have status with them.
Old Mar 30, 2008, 8:30 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold RIP); Airpoints Gold Elite; Flying Blue Gold; Emirates, Gold; Qantas, Platinum
Interesting. Did not get the FB offer, but exactly the same deal came through from BA yesterday. It would seem that the Marriott gold will be relatively diluted in value after this exercise.
Old Mar 30, 2008, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hserus
That's the whole point with comp status offers - they are valid for a year.
Apart from the Sixt platinum card, which is valid for five and AFAIK can be renewed.
Old Mar 30, 2008, 11:22 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver, BA Silver, Accor Gold, A3
Marriott

I joined Marriott Rewards too, because I have a few trips to Japan coming up.

I enrolled using the link in the e-mail and received my account number a minute later. However, I was not able to create an online account.

Emailed Marriott Customer Care and within a couple of hours I received a reply: enrollements through a KLM or BA offer will take 3-5 days to process, after which it is possible to create an online account.

Jeroen
Old Mar 31, 2008, 4:04 am

Programs: Ryanair PLATINUM : ) TK GOLD, AZ Gold, Radisson - gold,Marriott - gold
Question

did you get the GOLD status immediately or do you have to stay with them first?

thanks
Old Mar 31, 2008, 11:07 am

Programs: Ryanair PLATINUM : ) TK GOLD, AZ Gold, Radisson - gold,Marriott - gold
I did not get the invite - i m a Gold FLying Blue toooo poor me
Old Apr 4, 2008, 4:53 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver, BA Silver, Accor Gold, A3
Gold status is immediately

Originally Posted by ambrogz
did you get the GOLD status immediately or do you have to stay with them first?

thanks
Gold status is immediately. Double checked my online account which I was able to set up yesterday just to be sure.

Jeroen
Old Apr 4, 2008, 10:42 am

Programs: FB,BD,LH,EK,PC,HH,MR
yes its now activated.
Old Apr 4, 2008, 11:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G
I got it too - All activated and ready.
"You've earned more than just points."
Nice since I just lost my Silver status

What are the rules on earning with this account? I prefer MR points...
Old Apr 4, 2008, 6:45 pm

Programs: FB Plat4Life, LH Senator, AX Centurion, HH Diamond, IC RA
Originally Posted by hserus
That's the whole point with comp status offers - they are valid for a year. Not lifetime.

Oh, and Marriott was pretty clear when they emailed me that this is for FB gold/plat elites who are NOT already marriott card holders. They refused me as I have an old marriott blue card that I hardly ever use, and they'll refuse you as you already have status with them.
So is it an option for me to cancel my current Marriott Rewards account first and then enroll again using the FB offer?

Pls advise.

Thanks!
Old Apr 4, 2008, 7:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K-MM, FB Ivory
I had already account and I signed up for a new one following the link.
I didn't use the same mailing adress. I didn't ask for an account merging.
It worked and since yesterday I have access online and see gold status
you can get either point or miles transfert

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.