Wiki Posts
Search

End of Year Level Check

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2007, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
End of Year Level Check

This year, as (I believe) in years past, the Generous By Nature folks at FB are going to be granting a bit of wiggle room at the level check.

Members that come within 1000 level miles or 1 qualifying flight of retaining their level will be allowed to do so as an exception.

This does not include anyone that would be climbing levels - only retaining current levels.
Old Jan 1, 2008, 2:13 am
PJK

Programs: KL/AF FB Plat, Hilton Silver, La Quinta Gold
I thought so, nonetheless I went through all the effort of having my flights credited as originally ticketed after some irrops which would get me just under 70k if I hadn't. Now I'm just over. But I guess one never can count on this. Thanks for the info.

And a happy new year to everyone!
Old Jan 1, 2008, 9:09 am

Just for fun, I checked my account: my flights are already down to zero, but all my status miles from last year are still showing. I wish this were a gift from FB but, alas, I know that their software engineers have a weird logic for almost everything, and that in a day or two (or perhaps tonight), these miles will also disappear. Then, I'll be naked again...
Old Jan 1, 2008, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by KLouis
Just for fun, I checked my account: my flights are already down to zero, but all my status miles from last year are still showing. I wish this were a gift from FB but, alas, I know that their software engineers have a weird logic for almost everything, and that in a day or two (or perhaps tonight), these miles will also disappear. Then, I'll be naked again...
Same exact scenario for me. Could not figure out the reason for that.
Old Jan 1, 2008, 3:23 pm

Programs: HH Nobody, AF FB Platinum, SIXT Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Ambassador
I've checked also my account. This year the carry-over of status flights and status miles was already done.

Nice as thanks to this I'm already qualified for platinum again....
Old Jan 2, 2008, 1:40 am

Programs: FB Plat./BA Gold (thanks BD)/A3 *Gold/HH Diamond/A Club Gold
I need another 3500 Miles to requalify Plat for 2008/9 (should happen Monday).

This is a much nicer way to start the year than with Zeroes everywhere like in '06 and '07
Old Jan 2, 2008, 6:30 am

Sometime between early this morning and now my miles also went down to zero. I kind of like the zeros...
Old Jan 2, 2008, 8:52 am
In Memoriam

Programs: I used to be Plat, but now I'm not. Now I'm just Gold. Lucky if I keep that.
I qualified for plat on the 29th - by the time the miles hit, everything was reset, but at last the right status showed. never got to enjoy viewing how i got it by the skin of my teeth!
Old Jan 2, 2008, 8:57 am
GK

Programs: reformed ex basic Member
given the strike action they should be a little more generous to those of us who got stuck in CDG...grrrr!
Old Jan 2, 2008, 9:03 am

How does this show: this is my first year requalifying - does the fact that it says "Gold" mean I still am? Would it had said "Silver" if I had not requalified and just kept the status untill 31/03?
Old Jan 4, 2008, 8:55 pm

Not usually. In the past, when you were to drop a level you showed the "old" level until your card for the prior year expired (on 1 April of the new year), and at that time you went down to the new level.

In other words, if you qualified for Gold for 2007 (i.e., in 2006), your Gold FB card would be valid through March 31, 2008, and you would continue to show as Gold until that date even if you did not requalify as Gold for 2008. On 1 April 2008 the status that you qualified for for 2008 would show.

That's for folks going down in status. If you were going up, your new status would show when the the flights that earned you the new status posted.

Going up in status posts at once; going down in status posts on 1 April of the year after you failed to requalify.
Old Jan 5, 2008, 4:51 am
PJK

Programs: KL/AF FB Plat, Hilton Silver, La Quinta Gold
Originally Posted by Counsellor
Going up in status posts at once; going down in status posts on 1 April of the year after you failed to requalify.
Will you still be getting the extra bonus miles in the period from Jan 1st March 31st if your dropped a level? Say I dropped from plat to gold, and plat will stay in my account until March 31st, will I get 100% bonus instead of 75% until that day? (Fortunately I DID requalify for plat)
Old Jan 5, 2008, 11:04 pm

Programs: AF/KLM Plat For Life/UA Million Miler-PremEx For Life/SPG Gold
Jan 3, 2008------17.3K Level Miles already!!!!!!

Last edited by beaubo; Jan 6, 2008 at 8:41 am
Old Jan 6, 2008, 2:25 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Elite Plus, *A Gold Elite, American AAdvantage, Marriott Rewards, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by alanw
This year, as (I believe) in years past, the Generous By Nature folks at FB are going to be granting a bit of wiggle room at the level check.

Members that come within 1000 level miles or 1 qualifying flight of retaining their level will be allowed to do so as an exception.

This does not include anyone that would be climbing levels - only retaining current levels.

Has this been confirmed? I am a lowly silver and booked 16 skyteam sectors (15 needed for status) but due to 2 of them being operated by Alaska I did not receive miles or sectors for those 2, though I am still working on this with FB. Staying Silver with 14 sectors (if the issue is not resolved) would be a lot more satisfactory for me than reverting to ivory. Business check-in, extra miles and priority boarding are all treasured facilities!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.