How to earn 2,000 miles not flying ?

Old Dec 4, 07, 10:28 am
Original Poster

How to earn 2,000 miles not flying ?

Hello,

My son in law has Frequence Jeune card. He needs 2,000 miles for an award but cannot fly for now... too busy studying. Any idea how he could get those miles ? I'm not very familiar with all the partners in this program. Thanks.
Old Dec 4, 07, 11:14 am

Programs: AF/KL silver, Sixt Plat., BMI *G, Northwest Gold, Iberia nothing, Spanair Blue
He should simply apply for an Air France Amex card and he will get 3000 miles with its first transaction. First year is free. Those first miles will be non-status.
Or get a bunch of magazine subscriptions. Look on their website.
Old Dec 4, 07, 12:09 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, AA Gold [1MM]; SPG Gold
If you, him, or anyone you know has a Starwood account, just transfer 2k miles to him.

I just did this for my father-in-law to get him up to the requisite amount. It took less than a week.
Old Dec 4, 07, 12:43 pm

Programs: HH Nobody, AF FB Platinum, SIXT Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Ambassador
if your son in law receives his statement by mail, he can choose on the website to get it e-mailed. He will get 1000 miles for it.

You could also have a look to the partners or as mentioned previously transfer points from other programms.
Old Dec 4, 07, 4:20 pm
Original Poster

Thanks - he already gets by email, we don't have starwood account around, and he is only 18 so I'm not sure he can get an ax af card ? ...
Old Dec 5, 07, 12:48 am

Programs: BA, PC, HH
Oh, how I hate FB (sorry personal thing) - I spoke to them early last month to confirm when my mothers miles would expire (she had 8k) - I was told June 2008. So I switched them to email correspondence and did this survey http://quest.airfranceklm.com/ all in early Nov

Survey got them 1k, which came through 30 Nov, and 1k email correspondence bonus came through 1 Dec, but then they deleted 4.2k as expired - their customer services are so useless - i specifically asked this question and got told a load of garbles!!

Anyway, to help seek a solution for you http://quest.airfranceklm.com/ will get you 1k.
Old Dec 5, 07, 1:10 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the survey tip. will try.

You can't get 1,000 miles when switching to email when you are Fréquence Jeune.
Also, you can get 1,000 with UGC (cinema) card susbcription ( but then it costs sth like 20 - 30 euros a month for a year)
Juste realised that flying would get him 1,000 per one way domestic. So maybe best would be to do a return flight in one day or so ...would cost around 100 euros or 80 at best . Eventually, we'll get him flying probably !
Old Dec 5, 07, 2:12 am

Programs: QR Platinum, AA Gold [1MM]; SPG Gold
Thanks for this - I just managed to get 1k mile each for myself and the parents. Hopefully they will post sooner rather than later.

Originally Posted by Mr_Bigglesworth View Post
Anyway, to help seek a solution for you http://quest.airfranceklm.com/ will get you 1k.
Old Dec 5, 07, 7:53 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
I believe it has to be qualifying activity to prevent the miles from expiring (That is, SkyTeam flight or FB credit card). Survey and email bonus will not work.
Old Dec 5, 07, 1:58 pm

Programs: FB M&M AA Amex HH SPG and others
Originally Posted by france usa View Post
... He needs 2,000 miles for an award ...
Originally Posted by neuromancer View Post
I believe it has to be qualifying activity to prevent the miles from expiring (That is, SkyTeam flight or FB credit card). Survey and email bonus will not work.
OP doesn't need the miles for expiring but for an award. But if you're looking for miles to prevent from expiring you're right, they need to be EQM. But you mention FB credit card, but that's false. Only the French AirFrance/FB/Amex GOLD-card will do. So NOT the French silver one, not the Dutch or Swiss cards, only the French Gold one.
Old Dec 11, 07, 3:36 pm

Nice link... got anymore of those sorts of things? They are a nice help to top up a few award miles...^
Old Dec 20, 07, 9:34 am

Programs: KLM FB, BA EC, Miles&Mafia, Delta SM, Mile High Club
Switch back from email to paper mail statements, wait for the first paper miles statement to arrive, then back to email. You'll get the 1000 miles again. I've done it about 5 times by now.
Old Jan 17, 08, 3:34 am

Programs: Flying Blue, BA, Emirates

did anyone else get their points for this? I did the survey at the beginning of december but haven`t received the points yet

Last edited by robledouk; Jan 17, 08 at 3:45 am
Old Jan 24, 08, 1:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Starbucks Gold,
I filled in the survey at some point earlier this month and the points just posted today

01/22/2008 BONUS FOR RETURNING THE QUESTIONNAIRE 1 000

Hope others have been successful too!

MrMutton
Old Jan 24, 08, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by MrMutton View Post

01/22/2008 BONUS FOR RETURNING THE QUESTIONNAIRE 1 000

Hope others have been successful too!

MrMutton
Mutton... yep, me too.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: