Q Fuel Surcharges for partner award tickets

Old Aug 17, 07, 7:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PLAT / HH GOLD
Q Fuel Surcharges for partner award tickets

Has anybody here contacted the FB desk regarding the fuel surcharges on DL/CO/NW when using FB miles?. I.E Booking award ticket with FB miles FRA-US (DL/CO/NW) over EUR60 in taxes + EUR 200 charge for fuel. The difference here is that DL/NW/CO "DO NOT" collect the surcharge on award tickets, what does AF do with this monies? Another example US-COSTA RICA award booked on CO with CO miles USD45 taxes total. SAME flights booked through FB, with FB miles total EUR 283.00. I could go on for ever.......SOmething here is not right.......
Old Aug 17, 07, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Gold, Amex Plat
why don't you do a search? This has been been discussed a million times in this forum.
Sure, you can call FB, but this will be useless. FB clearly states that they will charge you fuel surchages on award tickets. If you don't like it, there are alternatives.
Old Aug 17, 07, 9:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PLAT / HH GOLD
WOW, dont recall seeing anything on award partner surcharges, I will search again. Sorry to bother you guy !
Old Aug 18, 07, 1:33 am

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M, BA Executive Club, Sofitel Plat, Priority Club, Starwood Preferred Guest
As discussed here at length, FB collects the taxes and surcharges irrespective of the operating carrier, it's part of the programme rules unfortunately.

Search this Thread