UX - Air Europa

Old Jan 16, 2019, 5:22 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by Concerto
Segment runs to escape into the warm this spring? Are you crediting to another program than FB then, maybe AirEuropa SUMA? The big missing class is Business O, which gives nothing on FB, but it does give miles on UX SUMA (maybe it's like X-class at AF KL, which is sometimes used as a reward booking class, sometimes not (therefore doesn't give miles on other programmes such as SUMA).
FB, so I guess the proper wording would be that I want to go for an experience gathering trip, but old habits die hard
Yes, I meant something like the O class.

With SUMA it was impossible to get credit for intra Canaries flights, so watch out for that one. Fine for FB, though. Also, flights to the Canaries will only get you 2 XP per segment if crediting to FB.
Yes, I suppose it's only 2 XP. Might still be worth to go just for the destination.

Originally Posted by glennhaak
UX regularly uses an A330 between MAD & AMS if you're looking at flying J.
Indeed, A330 and also B787 in some days. Part of the reason.

Last year, I remember in some cases I've seen even cheaper Business than Economy,
I'll see if it makes sense this year.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 5:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I managed to get my O-class ticket changed. I booked with Opodo, and they wouldn't reimburse under any circumstances even though I was within the 24 hour window, starting from FRA. Won't book with them again. Argument was that you have to cancel on the same date, whether or not within 24 hours. Won't book with them again. On the other hand, the agent was happy to look at the booking class situation and change it to the next class up .... for a price. Spent far too much on that ticket. But without that manoeuvre I would never have made it to FB Gold by March 31st last year.

Depending how badly you need the XPs, if you've already got a ticket it might be worth calling up whomever you booked the ticket with and trying to rebook into the next class up (can't remember what that was right now, I need to look it up, but it was something like 10-15 Euros difference).

Don't worry about the 2 XPs on flights to the Canaries, the Canary islands themselves are far more important than some XPs (each island is an amazing destination in its own right). And 2XPs is better than no XPs! It might, daftly, be worth looking at some inter-island flights, despite the 2XP limit. They can be had quite cheaply and might be a way of making 10-12 XPs up if one is short of them. There is no business class at all inter-island.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 11:39 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
UX metal bougth on AF website

It may have been posted here, but I repeat just in case.

If you book through UX website, you can select seats for a fee. If you are FB Plat (Gold?), the fee is waved, even for exit row seats.

Unfortunately, if you book through AF website, this is not possible. I tried to retrieve my booking on UX website, but it failed. Called UX and was told "no, you can't". Called Plat line, and they couldn't help.

P.S. Reason for booking on AF website, was that I was flying from NTE to AGP and UX website would show very few flights out of NTE; and not the convenient one for me.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 4:20 am

Programs: Miles&More SEN; FlyingBlue Gold; IberiaPlus
I trvael every month UX, BCN-PMI-BCN, I always get my miles (15) credited to FB.
When Gold, I can select any seat, including emergency exit, for free.
I always book on UX website.
Now it is more difficult to get status, but before, with segments, I always reached Gold in six months.

Last edited by ROGERBCN; Jan 19, 2019 at 12:19 pm
Old Jan 19, 2019, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But the bummer is you can't get lounge access on purely domestic flights, which is a SkyTeam thing. Apparently you get it as FB member on Air France domestic flights, but I don't do those very often and am out of touch.

I find UX actually quite pleasant for those short flights to the Balearics. I wouldn't really want to fly long distances with them in any class.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 5:56 am

Programs: FB Plat
I couldn't find the thread mentioning that AFKLM might do a JV with Air Europa for flights to Latin America...

Air Europa and Ryanair are stopping their codesharing. This might be related to the JV plan, or not.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had no idea that AirEuropa and Ryanair were codesharing, don't remember ever reading anything about it here or anywhere. Is that really the case, were they codesharing? Seems an odd tie-up, although both have similar service!
Old Feb 16, 2019, 1:13 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
I had no idea that AirEuropa and Ryanair were codesharing, don't remember ever reading anything about it here or anywhere. Is that really the case, were they codesharing? !
Must be the joke of the weekend.

Seems an odd tie-up, although both have similar service!
Similar service? I did not know that FR had business class, lounge access, meaningful priority boarding (priority pax on a bus actually board last), a FFP, possibility to combine flights with luggage making the connection, normal telephone number to reach them, and maybe more. Or have I not been following up FR changes closely enough?

Last edited by carnarvon; Feb 16, 2019 at 2:10 am
Old Feb 16, 2019, 6:18 am

Programs: FB Ultimate - BA EC - LH M&M - Accor All Gold
I had no idea that AirEuropa and Ryanair were codesharing, don't remember ever reading anything about it here or anywhere. Is that really the case, were they codesharing? Seems an odd tie-up, although both have similar service!
I don't think they're exactly "codesharing" but Ryanair is "feeding" some UX long-haul flights.

Sorry, article in french: https://www.tourmag.com/Ryanair-et-A...at_a92336.html
Old Feb 16, 2019, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by SteveCanary
I don't think they're exactly "codesharing" but Ryanair is "feeding" some UX long-haul flights.

Reality seems to contradict what the article says.

I went to FR website. No offer for long haul via MAD.

Then the statement from FR " Pour célébrer le développement de ce service, nous mettons des sièges en vente sur l’ensemble de notre réseau à partir de seulement 14.99 € pour voyager en Avril et disponibles à la réservation jusqu’à vendredi 23 mars 2018, minuit." ( To celebrate the development of this service, we are putting sales on our entire network from just € 14.99 for travel in April and available for booking until Friday, March 23, 2018, midnight. " ) makes no sense to me.

Which "service" is that? In case of delay of the feeder flight, what about the connecting LH flight? What about luggage?

If they sell flights for 14.99, then it cannot be LH. So how do you know the cost of the ticket?

Anyhow, if someone can find an example of LH destination on FR website, please let us know.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SteveCanary

Most interesting, I had no idea this was going on. It makes sense actually, if Ryanair wants to normalize its image a bit in the eyes of longhaul travellers. And also when you consider the graveyard of airlines in the last few weeks, the latest being bmi Regional today. Of course, this will in no way prevent such insolvencies from happening, but I think a greater cooperation of the remaining airlines would be a sensible line to follow from now.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 8:47 pm

Most interesting, I had no idea this was going on. It makes sense actually, if Ryanair wants to normalize its image a bit in the eyes of longhaul travellers. And also when you consider the graveyard of airlines in the last few weeks, the latest being bmi Regional today. Of course, this will in no way prevent such insolvencies from happening, but I think a greater cooperation of the remaining airlines would be a sensible line to follow from now.
Except that it does not seem to be materialising.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by carnarvon
Except that it does not seem to be materialising.
My understanding is that the partnership has ended.
carnarvon likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I didn't even know it had begun. So excuse my ignorance. But weren't other airlines considering such agreements with Ryanair and easyJet?
Old Feb 18, 2019, 5:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I didn't even know it had begun. So excuse my ignorance. But weren't other airlines considering such agreements with Ryanair and easyJet?
IIRC, it was a Ryanair initiative, who proposed to offer pre- and post-routing onto long-haul flights by other airlines. What they offered was not a standard IATA-like interline agreement. Ryanair did not offer to transfer bags nor to protect the flight in case of delay. That responsibility would have been borne by the onward carrier. Few carriers were interested in cooperating with Ryanair on those terms and I believe that UX were the only one.

AFAIK, Easyjet never contemplated any such scheme. However, Gatwick airport offers a "GatwickConnects" service that allows some kind of quasi-interlining from airlines that do not normally interline at Gatwick, including Easyjet. There are two versions of this: one is simply one of simplifying luggage transfer from one airline to another and the other offers flight protection in case of misconnect. In the first version you book the flights yourself. In the protected version, you need to book through them. More info can be found here

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.