FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue-594/)
-   -   UX is joining, received email to transfer account (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue/666469-ux-joining-received-email-transfer-account.html)

TheFrankFlyer Mar 2, 2007 2:28 am

UX is joining, received email to transfer account

Hello All,

This morning there was an email in my inbox asking me to authorise transfer from the Air Europa Fidelitas account to a new FB account. Points will be transfered at a ratio of 1 = 3 miles. Plus 500 miles bonus if you use your new card before the 15th of June.

Those will add nicely to my current FB Plat account.

cfischer Mar 2, 2007 5:25 pm

hmmm, that is interesting, I am wondering when we can earn level miles on them.

HB-IWC Mar 2, 2007 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer (Post 7329327)
hmmm, that is interesting, I am wondering when we can earn level miles on them.

That will likely be the case, as it is with KQ, another non full member of Skyteam which has adopted FB as its FF program.

apoivre Mar 3, 2007 3:09 am

Originally Posted by HB-IWC (Post 7330285)
That will likely be the case, as it is with KQ, another non full member of Skyteam which has adopted FB as its FF program.

But so is Aircalin - and do we get level miles on them? No.
I do hope UX and KQ become associate members this year

Mynameismud Mar 4, 2007 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by apoivre (Post 7331334)
But so is Aircalin - and do we get level miles on them? No.
I do hope UX and KQ become associate members this year

No level miles on SB but award miles that do extend validity for 3 more years (same as regular level miles but no level miles in the end)
And level miles on KQ (but maybe no level flights, not sure but...)
So who knows what can of miles will be UX miles once they will have joined FB.

layz Mar 4, 2007 6:35 pm

UX becomes a full FB partner from 15th June, from that point their flights count towards level miles.

The silver, gold and plat levels will give you the same benefits as on KL/AF.

Dreaded 25% classes: S, R, U, L, N, T, H, J (is J economy on UX?).

The card appears to have additional Air Europa branding above the name/membership number.

Source for most of this: http://www.air-europa.com/en/fidelitas/faq.pdf

Gajan Mar 5, 2007 6:00 am

[QUOTE=layz;7339771]

The card appears to have additional Air Europa branding above the name/membership number.
QUOTE]

Same as Kenya Airlines.

layz Mar 5, 2007 10:05 am

[QUOTE=Gajan;7341980]

Originally Posted by layz (Post 7339771)

QUOTE]

Same as Kenya Airlines.

So people who joined FB through KQ have their airline branding on the front? Mine has KQ and NW branding on the back, do former AF F+ members have the same or is it just ex-FD?

Gajan Mar 5, 2007 12:55 pm

[QUOTE=layz;7343430]

Originally Posted by Gajan (Post 7341980)

So people who joined FB through KQ have their airline branding on the front? Mine has KQ and NW branding on the back, do former AF F+ members have the same or is it just ex-FD?

Yes.
I believe there is a photo of that in KLM's year report.
I believe it is pretty much the same for Miles and More members who are linked through Austrian or Swiss.

Gajan

Mynameismud Mar 6, 2007 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by layz (Post 7339771)
UX becomes a full FB partner from 15th June, from that point their flights count towards level miles.

The silver, gold and plat levels will give you the same benefits as on KL/AF.

Dreaded 25% classes: S, R, U, L, N, T, H, J (is J economy on UX?).

Source for most of this: http://www.air-europa.com/en/fidelitas/faq.pdf

J class is economy on UX (not eligible to accrual so far with FB)

sjefenole Mar 6, 2007 3:54 pm

Got my new Gold Card a few weeks ago.
There is no more KQ logo on the back of it now that I received the card in Canada.

apoivre Jun 18, 2007 5:28 pm

OK, it's been 4 days that UX uses Flying Blue as their own FFP.

Would you expect UX flights to earn level miles now? I would (and the whole FB release on the UX website suggests as much).

Now would you really expect KL and AF to update partner info on their website in that regard? Grrrrrrrrr :mad::mad::mad::mad:

layz Jun 19, 2007 12:18 am

Originally Posted by apoivre (Post 7922689)
OK, it's been 4 days that UX uses Flying Blue as their own FFP.

Would you expect UX flights to earn level miles now? I would (and the whole FB release on the UX website suggests as much).

Now would you really expect KL and AF to update partner info on their website in that regard? Grrrrrrrrr :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Yes UX now earns level miles on FB (but remember the extensive list of dreaded 25% classes this airline has)

It may take them a while to update their websites - when Aeroflot joined ST it took a while before it appeared on the website.

af fp Jun 19, 2007 1:34 pm

More awards?

For two days last week, I noticed on the online award booking engine that I could book trips in business class from CDG to NYC, flying AF metal under a UX codeshare to Spain and then CO metal under a UX codeshare to EWR. The possibility disappeared since, I hope this oportunity will be given though.