Search

PE over 115k level miles threshold

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2007, 8:02 pm
j2h
Original Poster

Programs: KL PE For Life; UA Premier; SQ; InterContinental Ambassador; BA Exec
PE over 115k level miles threshold

Has anyone been re-credited the surplus level miles over the 115k annual threshhold? This used to be completed around the 10th, however my current level miles are still at zero... Has anyone already been credited back?

Every year this reminds me how Flying Dutchman during the really good old days would let you keep any level miles you'd earned over and above the Platinum cut-off point. In the less good days over 100k. Still beyond me how this type of robbery can be performed every year again... Punish your most loyal customers makes sounds business sense. At 40k miles even with FB you're probably good for gold...

Anyway. My annual gripe.
Old Jan 17, 2007, 11:58 pm

Still a big fat 0 with me as well. I ended the year with 243k level miles, so I'm eagerly awaiting the 128k overdraft to show up as well. One would think it's not that much of an effort for it to take now the better part of a month, yet FB seems to think differently.
Old Jan 18, 2007, 1:24 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by HB-IWC
Still a big fat 0 with me as well. I ended the year with 243k level miles, so I'm eagerly awaiting the 128k overdraft to show up as well. One would think it's not that much of an effort for it to take now the better part of a month, yet FB seems to think differently.
Unless I am mistaken, according to previous posts, the update of the accounts was made last year at the end of January. You can't actually do much with these miles, least of all redeem them .
Old Jan 18, 2007, 4:36 am
j2h
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JOUY31
You can't actually do much with these miles, least of all redeem them .
That's not really the point... Guess I'd sleep better knowing they've been credited back... Somehow ever since FD became FB I've been afraid things we take for granted will be taken away...

Anyway - on a positive note the double mileage to India on AF was credited automatically within 48 hours after flight departure.
Still debating whether or not it justified the detour via CDG...
Old Jan 18, 2007, 4:52 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
Trouble is the miles between 70 and 115 are lost; hence I stop flying with ST and keep up my star gold
Old Jan 18, 2007, 9:40 am

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
Originally Posted by simonsmith
Trouble is the miles between 70 and 115 are lost; hence I stop flying with ST and keep up my star gold
Probably depends on your total mileage. If you do more than 200 EQMs, it may make sense to stick with FB and carry-forward, work on Platinum-for-life. If you do, say, 120K miles, then yes, makes sense to do 70K on FB and 50K on LH or UA to get *G.

But this carryforward is one aspect (of few) in which FB distinguishes itself vs. other programs.
Old Jan 20, 2007, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by j2h
Has anyone been re-credited the surplus level miles over the 115k annual threshhold? This used to be completed around the 10th, however my current level miles are still at zero... Has anyone already been credited back?

Every year this reminds me how Flying Dutchman during the really good old days would let you keep any level miles you'd earned over and above the Platinum cut-off point. In the less good days over 100k. Still beyond me how this type of robbery can be performed every year again... Punish your most loyal customers makes sounds business sense. At 40k miles even with FB you're probably good for gold...

Anyway. My annual gripe.
You will have to wait until june ...be patient
Old Jan 20, 2007, 11:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It really depends on flight volume. This was only the second time that I threw a lot of extra flight miles at FB as I had already requal's on DL, LH and BA for top status. None were offering me any further carrot to throw more their way so FB got a ton of extra spend off me, and cut my qualification down to almost nothing for this year (should requal sometime in Feb).
Old Jan 29, 2007, 2:51 pm

Programs: KLM FlyingBlue Pt, Marriott Pt
Originally Posted by JOUY31
Unless I am mistaken, according to previous posts, the update of the accounts was made last year at the end of January.

Last year the update was done on 26th January.
It's not happened yet (29 Jan) - anyone have any idea when it's likely ?
Old Jan 30, 2007, 3:14 pm

you will have to wait until june
Old Jan 30, 2007, 11:44 pm
j2h
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mynameismud2
you will have to wait until june
Where did you get this piece of intel? Has anyone been in touch with helpdesk yet?
Old Jan 31, 2007, 7:05 am

Programs: flying blue
You will not get any carry forward if you are Platinum for lifr. This may be the sign that you have become PFL . Just call them to know othrwise you have to wait for your new card to know.
Old Jan 31, 2007, 11:36 am

deleted

Last edited by Mynameismud; Jan 29, 2016 at 1:11 pm
Old Feb 1, 2007, 1:47 am

Programs: FB Plat lifetimer,BA, US, LH
Cool down

I asked FB helpdesk and they explained to me, that every status mile over 115k will be credited back to the account in June, when the time for all retroactive mileage credits out of 2006 is gone.

I think this makes sense.

So I'll wait until July. When the missing status miles are credited I'll have my requalification for 2008 and will have arrived at PFL
Old Feb 1, 2007, 3:07 am

Programs: KLM FlyingBlue Pt, Marriott Pt
Strange how they managed to do this in 26 days last year, but will take 6 months this year

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.