refused lounge access at BHX

Old Apr 4, 06, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BMI DC Gold, BA Gold, LH SEN, Priority Club Platinum, Nectar purple
refused lounge access at BHX

Hello,

I am FB Platinum and recently flew on Continental to the US from BHX. I was refused access to the lounge and was told that it was for business class or Continental Elite only, not Sky Team Elite.

Is this correct ? I was allowed into the lounge at Newark, as I have been at Incheon when flying with Korean Air, Rome when flying Alitalia and Atlanta when flying with Delta.

Thanks

Doug
Old Apr 4, 06, 3:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold A3 Gold IB Plata
Doug, please do a search in this forum and you'll find pages of posts about access to CO lounges.

But in a nutshell, no, you don't get access unless you're on a C ticket. NW lounges are another story, however, though you have to be flying NW metal.
Old Apr 4, 06, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by Doug_1970
Hello,

I am FB Platinum and recently flew on Continental to the US from BHX. I was refused access to the lounge and was told that it was for business class or Continental Elite only, not Sky Team Elite.

Is this correct ? I was allowed into the lounge at Newark, as I have been at Incheon when flying with Korean Air, Rome when flying Alitalia and Atlanta when flying with Delta.

Thanks

Doug
It is absolutly incorrect if it was a CO lounge (Skyteam Elite Plus have the same right in each Skyteam companies).
If it was an airport owned lounge, there is no defined rule but the majority of them accept Elite Plus members.
Old Apr 4, 06, 5:44 pm

Programs: SK-EBD/*A Gold, BA Gold/OW Emerald, HH Gold, ChoiceHotels Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Sixt Plat,
Originally Posted by Fueg
It is absolutly incorrect if it was a CO lounge (Skyteam Elite Plus have the same right in each Skyteam companies).
If it was an airport owned lounge, there is no defined rule but the majority of them accept Elite Plus members.
Quite so! You have a right to access CO lounges. Please check the following CO documentation:
http://www.continental.com/company/a...5AB504CAFD280C
and
http://www.continental.com/company/a...5AB504CAFD280C
Under Airport Lounge Benefits it clearly states:
...'SkyTeam Elite Plus members traveling in Economy class on an international itinerary operated by a SkyTeam member have access to any SkyTeam carrier's lounge at any point during their itinerary on the same day of travel.'

And note - this is on CO own website.
(kind of hard to lie their way out of that)
Bring a print-out of this!
Old Apr 4, 06, 6:11 pm
GVA

Programs: AA EXP, NW Plat (in my heart), bmi DC Gold, BA EC Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
CO's rule is platinum access is granted if flying on a trip including international sectors.

In this case you should have gained access. Lounge access for FB Gold members is more of a grey area with variations every week it seems.

I'd send an email to Flying Blue complaining, you might get some free miles as some have had here before.
Old Apr 4, 06, 6:29 pm

Programs: SK-EBD/*A Gold, BA Gold/OW Emerald, HH Gold, ChoiceHotels Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Sixt Plat,
Originally Posted by GVA
...In this case you should have gained access. Lounge access for FB Gold members is more of a grey area with variations every week it seems...
This is not correct - take a look at the documents I posted aboce. Lounge access is determined by status ST Elite+.
You are ST Elite+ as CO Onepasss Plat, AND AS A NON US FB GOLD.
Old Apr 4, 06, 7:09 pm
GVA

Programs: AA EXP, NW Plat (in my heart), bmi DC Gold, BA EC Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by travellers4fun
This is not correct - take a look at the documents I posted aboce. Lounge access is determined by status ST Elite+.
You are ST Elite+ as CO Onepasss Plat, AND AS A NON US FB GOLD.
Nothing I posted isn't correct. In THIS situation a US FB Gold member status is irrelevant as OP said he was FB Platinum.

My statement was in regards to gold members (those ST E+ also) being told to bugger off even when they should have access as per FB's website.

Please do reread before you try to correct valid statements.
Old Apr 4, 06, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by GVA
CO's rule is platinum access is granted if flying on a trip including international sectors.

In this case you should have gained access. Lounge access for FB Gold members is more of a grey area with variations every week it seems.
This gray area stuff is what is incorrect!

Originally Posted by GVA
Nothing I posted isn't correct. In THIS situation a US FB Gold member status is irrelevant as OP said he was FB Platinum.

My statement was in regards to gold members (those ST E+ also) being told to bugger off even when they should have access as per FB's website.

Please do reread before you try to correct valid statements.
Also proves my point, as plats are entitlet all perks from gold level, and the still some.
So why the sour face?
Temper, temper!

Last edited by travellers4fun; Apr 4, 06 at 7:19 pm Reason: Orthography
Old Apr 4, 06, 7:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold A3 Gold IB Plata
That's enough of the attitude. Discuss the topic, not other members please.
Old Apr 5, 06, 3:53 am

Programs: AF Frequence Plus Rouge pour toujours, BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, BW Rewards Diamond
I am FB Platinum and made the mistake of flying CO extensively last year.

Lounge access; be it CO or partner; is and should be granted regardless of cabin (if on an intl ticket if ex-USA) when flying CO.

I was never denied access when Platinum, was denied access once when Gold and got 2500 EQM for my trouble(s).

Write a nicey or nasty letter to FB explaining the situation.

UTA
Old Apr 5, 06, 7:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: ANA PLAT,CI GOLD,LH SEN,Hyatt Gold.
dont you just love the 2nd class ff programmes with their make it up as you go rules

Search this Thread