Schiphol - See Buy Fly

Old Apr 1, 06, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Question Schiphol - See Buy Fly

One benefit FB members used to get at AMS was FB miles on all purchases at the airside shops. This benefit stopped in December 2005, although I recall the only mention of the dropping of this benefit was in the Jan 2006 edition of the Holland Herald.

Has this benefit been reinstated, last time I purchased something at Schiphol they swiped my boarding pass and my FB number was on the receipt or have they just decided to still collect this number for research purposes?

Any idea why this benefit was dropped? Is Schiphol group launching their own airport based reward scheme like BAA Worldpoints (or whatever it's called).

Seems odd that they'd remove one of the biggest incentives to shop at Schiphol, now when I'm there I just head straight to the lounge, unless there's something I really need. The one euro = one mile benefit was good especially coupled with the membership rewards on Amex.

As some of the shops there are run by KLM it makes this decision even stranger.
Old Apr 1, 06, 8:22 am
Suspended

From my experience it was hit and miss whether you even you got the miles posted to your account, so it's not something I will miss to be honest.
Old Apr 2, 06, 3:22 am

Originally Posted by Mofomat
From my experience it was hit and miss whether you even you got the miles posted to your account, so it's not something I will miss to be honest.
I agree.

Schiphol is a law unto itself anyway (try getting a reply to an e-mail complaint) but one of the shops told me FB redemption was a pain in the ***e because they were not online with the programme
Old Apr 2, 06, 5:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by Mofomat
I always sent my receipts in as a retro claim when I was due to be claiming something else as I noticed they never seemed to appear automatically.

But then one day about 6 months after the event some purchases I lot the receipt for had shown up so it seemed to take a long time to credit.

Not the most reliable way to earn miles, but instead the reliability of the system should be improved rather than scrapping it altogether, if it worked as was supposed to it would be a simple way to get miles.

Search this Thread