Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FB Credit Card for US-based members?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2006, 6:53 am
Original Poster

FB Credit Card for US-based members?

Anyone know of a FB credit card for earning Status and/or Award miles for US based members? Or any other means (besides flying!! @:-) ) to earn 'em? Thanks in advance for any replies.
Old Mar 31, 2006, 8:14 am

Programs: Many
AFAIK, only the French FB Gold Amex enables you to earn status miles.
Old Mar 31, 2006, 9:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
no status miles but...

The Starwood Amex is your best and only bet for award miles as a US resident unless you want to try to open a French bank account and apply for the status-miles earning French FB Gold Amex.

20,000 dollars charged on the Starwood card will net you 25,000 miles in FB (points transfer to miles 1:1 but they add 5000 miles when you transfer 20,000). On the other hand, most people prefer to keep the points and use them for hotel stays. There's usually an ad in these forums (top or right) for the card. The first year is free and then $35 a year thereafter. Many people on FlyerTalk think this is the best card period.

Last edited by eefor jfp; Mar 31, 2006 at 9:31 am Reason: clarity
Old Apr 1, 2006, 1:41 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Award miles

If you can obtain a dutch bank account, you can apply for the Dutch FB Amex, which earns Award miles.
Old Apr 1, 2006, 2:30 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Gajan
If you can obtain a dutch bank account, you can apply for the Dutch FB Amex, which earns Award miles.
Even if you have a dutch bank account, without any earnings in the Netherlands that is going to be very difficult. Theoretically it is possible, but I've tried this when the Dutch FB Amex was just introduced, and didn't succeed. (And getting a Dutch bank account when not living in the Netherlands isn't too trivial as well.)

But you are able to convert AMEX MR points into FB points - but I don't know if that is possible with a USA-based AMEX card.... I expect it to work fine with any Europe-based AMEX card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.