Search

FB AMEX Gold & Insurances

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2006, 3:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue (SILV), BA GOLD
FB AMEX Gold & Insurances

Good morning to all,

I tried to get some informations on the insurances that you get when you own an FB Amex Gold. And I found no legal brochure about this. The informations on the French site are quite vague about the conditions, my questions are:
Did somebody get this type of legal brochure (Visa Premier has in PDF)
Did somebody used the services of theses insurances or assistances and what is their feed back.
Thanks
JC
Sorry for my very basic English (Especially about insurances)
Old Mar 26, 2006, 6:15 am

Programs: M&M, FB, DL, BA, UA...
Bonjour,

Have you looked here (en francais): http://www10.americanexpress.com/sif...asp#assurances

You will get (roughly translated):
1) a trip cancellation insurance for up to 4,500EUR per year
2) a basic travel insurance which reimburses 150EUR (250EUR for AF flights) for delays over 4 hours, missed connections, or delayed luggage, and 650EUR (950EUR for AF flights) for lost luggage or delay over 48h
3) travel accident insurance of 200,000EUR for death or permanent disability
4) LDW coverage with Hertz if you use FB Amex CDP
5) medical travel insurance with repatriation benefits and 6,000EUR of medical coverage
6) insurance for family members that will cover travel expenses in case of death or serious illness in the family

Not as good as US based cards which often offer extended warranty protection, price protection, car rental insurance, and much better sign up bonuses. Only real benefit is the EQM miles earned by this card.
Old Mar 26, 2006, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue (SILV), BA GOLD
Thanks, but I had these informations,
It is clearly not very detailed, insurances always find a rule to avoid to pay and I prefer to know their policy in advance. If you read the notice of Premier insurance it is very detailed and you exactly know when and how you are insured, AMEX seems to be more opaque
Many thanks for the reply
JC
Old Mar 27, 2006, 1:50 am

Programs: M&M, FB, DL, BA, UA...
Originally Posted by JCR7
Thanks, but I had these informations,
It is clearly not very detailed, insurances always find a rule to avoid to pay and I prefer to know their policy in advance. If you read the notice of Premier insurance it is very detailed and you exactly know when and how you are insured, AMEX seems to be more opaque
Many thanks for the reply
JC
Yes, the exact Terms and Conditions don't seem to be on the site. I think you will have to call Amex and request them by mail. Most insurances have a lot of clauses to avoid payment, so I wouldn't rely on them too much. I had my laptop bought with the FB Amex stolen from my rental car, and none of the insurances covered this loss. I know some US cards have theft and damage protection for the first 90 days from purchase, but am quite sure they will also find loopholes to avoid payment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.