FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue-594/)
-   -   Another Decrease in Customer Service (FRA PE Service Desk closes) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue/535924-another-decrease-customer-service-fra-pe-service-desk-closes.html)

Counsellor Mar 12, 2006 8:18 am

Another Decrease in Customer Service (FRA PE Service Desk closes)

Just got a letter (yesterday) from Flying Blue in Frankfurt. Summary:

Dear Counsellor,

During the course of the past 18 months it has been our pleasure to provide you with a competent, comprehensive customer service in the shape of our Platinum Elite Service Desk.

It is accordingly with much regret that we now have to advise you that this service will no longer be available as from 15 March 2006, due to organizational reasons. As from that date, both the telephone and fax numbers and the e-mail address you were given will cease to apply.
Leaving aside their characterization of their service as "competent" and "comprehensive" (and that the translation was done by someone who apparently couldn't distinguish between "form" and "shape", and that Flying Blue hasn't even been around for "the past 18 months"), I must admit that this is an unwelcome devlopment. At least the Frankfurt Service Desk tried!

At the bottom of the letter, FB asks me to address my questions and requests to the FB Helpdesk in France, or to a "KLM Customer Care Germany" which I don't believe I had heard of before (maybe it is new?) that lives in a post box in Amsterdam and has a telephone.

However, this Amsterdam activity only wants to deal with "Complaints, Settlement of baggage claims, and Compliments". Award bookings, upgrades, mileage corrections, questions about my account, and general questions concerning Flying Blue are to go to the "Helpdesk" in France.

I think the key to the Flying Blue attitude toward their customers is nicely expressed in the following fact: All of the telephone numbers, in France, Amsterdam, or KLM reservations, are the kind that the customer has to pay the company in order to use.

I wonder where they get their idea of what "Customer Service" is all about?

cfischer Mar 12, 2006 8:58 am

Originally Posted by Counsellor
Just got a letter (yesterday) from Flying Blue in Frankfurt. Summary:

Leaving aside their characterization of their service as "competent" and "comprehensive" (and that the translation was done by someone who apparently couldn't distinguish between "form" and "shape", and that Flying Blue hasn't even been around for "the past 18 months"), I must admit that this is an unwelcome devlopment. At least the Frankfurt Service Desk tried!

At the bottom of the letter, FB asks me to address my questions and requests to the FB Helpdesk in France, or to a "KLM Customer Care Germany" which I don't believe I had heard of before (maybe it is new?) that lives in a post box in Amsterdam and has a telephone.

However, this Amsterdam activity only wants to deal with "Complaints, Settlement of baggage claims, and Compliments". Award bookings, upgrades, mileage corrections, questions about my account, and general questions concerning Flying Blue are to go to the "Helpdesk" in France.

I think the key to the Flying Blue attitude toward their customers is nicely expressed in the following fact: All of the telephone numbers, in France, Amsterdam, or KLM reservations, are the kind that the customer has to pay the company in order to use.

I wonder where they get their idea of what "Customer Service" is all about?

There is a KLM Customer care in Germany, they can do seat reservations for revenue tickets and such things. They also did a seat assignment on an award ticket for me once, but otherwise they won't touch FB stuff. As for the AF phone number in France (also Canada), I guess it's no more than 1-2 cent/min if you use standard call by call; they have a regular phone number and you won't have to pay anything in addition to the regular phone charge.

NilsHolgerson Mar 12, 2006 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer
There is a KLM Customer care in Germany...

Correct, there is a cubicle related to German-market customer care in Amstelveen. +49 (0)1805/ 214201 (non-internet) and +49 (0)1805/ 254750 (internet). They have been helpful, including calling internet reservations and getting a TCV redeemed, at no extra TSC.

Have never called German FB desk, but sent a bunch of faxes/letters in the past, perhaps worth 25000 bonus miles.

NilsHolgerson Mar 12, 2006 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer
...As for the AF phone number in France (also Canada), I guess it's no more than 1-2 cent/min if you use standard call by call...

Yup, unfortunately the FB 800# in Canada doesn't work with Skype, like it does for example with NWA. No charge:

Mar .. ..... +18002252525 USA-Toll Free 0.000 ..:.. 0.000

cfischer Mar 12, 2006 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by NilsHolgerson
Yup, unfortunately the FB 800# in Canada doesn't work with Skype, like it does for example with NWA. No charge:

Mar .. ..... +18002252525 USA-Toll Free 0.000 ..:.. 0.000

never though about that option. I use Skype but I did not know that Skype-out is free for 800 numbers. Anyway, for 2 cent/min. max you can call the helpdesk via the local number anyway. Looks like FB helpdesk is improving, also the webpages are 'more' updated now :rolleyes: .

farci Mar 13, 2006 2:31 am

Premium Rate Phone Numbers

Originally Posted by Counsellor

Why does the same airline use premium rate phone numbers in Europe but toll-free 800 numbers in N America?

The reason is European consumers don't complain - at least up to now!

In UK the telephone regulator - in response to abuses by companies who pretend these 'national' numbers equal the cost of a normal phone call - will launch a new national non-geographic number range '03' which means that consumers will truly pay the same as a normal call charge. I wonder if KL will be amongst the first to sign up? :D

Meantime for UK readers, instead of calling 0870 507 4074 at 16 times the cost of a call New Zealand, use +31 20 474 7747.

ralfkrippner Mar 13, 2006 9:10 am

Got the same letter in german.

I must say I am very disappointed because those people in Frankfurt have been quite helpful for me. And I know this is true for other Plat's in Germany, too.

Definitely a sad day for me... I hope they don't fire the people but have other jobs within KL/NW in FRA.

Goodbye Frau Fogel... :(

rcs85551 Mar 13, 2006 12:02 pm

They only got little more advance notice than we did. But the good news is that they were all offered other jobs within KL.