Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Concealed L fare

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2006, 5:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA ExClub Blue (ex Silver), Flying Blue Silver (ex Platinum), M&M forever base soldier
Concealed L fare

I booked a CDG-MCO-CDG itinerary using the airfrance.com website today. Chose the "best price" option, but checked on the "fare restrictions" popup that it was a H fare. However guess what: when I received the confirmation email, only the inbound flights are in H; the outbound segments are in L.

The FB agent say they could not do anything about it and I have to call the (fare paying) Web helpdesk.

Can someone with a similar experience let me know what to expect before I call them.
Old Mar 2, 2006, 1:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA ExClub Blue (ex Silver), Flying Blue Silver (ex Platinum), M&M forever base soldier
Just called the Web helpdesk and found an efficient agent who aknowledged that the site had failures and cancelled the ticket, no questions asked.

A happy end of some sort
Old Mar 4, 2006, 10:01 am

Programs: Flying Blue life Platinum , *A Gold ,PC Plat. IC Royal Ambassador , SPG Platinum
Since we don't get full miles on L fares, I have stopped to buy (pay)
through internet because one cannot see exactly, when the fare are low, if one books an V class or H, or L class. That's why I call before confirmation, abd if the class is L you can ask to get the fare which allows you to earn 100% miles , sometines just for a tiny difference of price.
Old Mar 5, 2006, 2:36 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Gave a piece of my mind :P

Hi FT'ers,

Yesterday, I was at a Career Fair in Amsterdam looking around. Anyway, the thing is that I stop by the KLM stand to see what sort of "goodies" they had on offer.. managed to grab a few pens and photos clips.. they had some cheapskate looking travel pillows which I did not bother to take. Well, the thing is that I came across the person in charge of the pricing department. I guess it was either my "lucky day" or his "bad day"

It hit me suddenly to ask him some career unrelated questions by KLM I frist brought up with him the questions about the taxes for the tickets. Told him my previous experiences with him about how the taxes were changing rather abruptly at times and when took contact with their sales agent, they themselves were not clear about it or would go even to the stage of saying that such informations were not given out to the public in details. (Did post this problem sometime last year or in 04). Told him also that on the KLM website, they should list out in detail what taxes goes to what like other websites. He totally agreed with me on that and said that he will definitely do the changes as soon as possible to the website.

Second issue I brought up with him was the "Generous by Nature" program. First thing I brought up was the website pricing. How we could not choose those take off fares. He acknowledged again in this case and even told me that I was right and they have received lots of complain about it. He said that for sure he will look into this.

The other thing I told him about was the reduction of the mileage for certain classes in the FB program. He said that it was right and that he has also heard lots of complaints on this matter. I told him that giving 25% is really too low and maybe an increase to about 50% (like the M&M prog) would be more appropriate for those low booking class. Though in this case, he said that he could not really do much about it since he did not manage this department.

Another thing I brought up with him was the service from FB. Told him of how it was impossible to speak to any living person, and them sending silly answers or those computer generated answers. He infact also acknowledges this problem. Told him further that previous loyal KLM customers are running away from flying with them or even Sky to other alliances. He said he was sad to hear this.. Said that he will also try and bring this up to the right department.

Anyway, these were the main topics I brought up with him.. I guess he was also rather shocked about me bringing these problems up at a carrier fair Well, I know it was not an appropriate place.. but gosh, how often do you meet a living soul from the correct department to view your views and get some direct answer.. and especially from KLM I guess he was really taken aback and lost from words after me rattling him with all those complaints.. :P and he quickly after 10 mins or so directed me to someone from the engineering department whom I wanted to speak too.

Haha, after speaking to the guy from the Engineering department, I spotted a lady from the Ground service department, did wanted to also share my views with her since she was not doing anything, but my friend whom after that first "experience" with that other guy told me just let it go...

Well, I just hope that this guy will really finally do some positive things after all those rattling. I know I was a bit over the edge there.. but gosh did it feel good to rattle these "bugs" out of the system.

Anyway, just posted this fyi.

Last edited by nldogbert; Mar 5, 2006 at 5:22 am Reason: sorry.. correct carrier.. half of my mind was still thinking in dutch :P
Old Mar 5, 2006, 3:13 am

Programs: HH Diamond, FB Plat
good for you!
by the way, what exactly is a 'carrier fair'? do you mean career fair?

anyway, good on ya, mate. golden opportunities like this are rare, so i'm glad you took advantage of it!
Old Mar 5, 2006, 6:37 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Nice talking! Hopefully he was listening as well..
Old Mar 6, 2006, 2:12 pm

Unhappy

Originally Posted by nldogbert
Hi FT'ers,

Another thing I brought up with him was the service from FB. Told him of how it was impossible to speak to any living person, and them sending silly answers or those computer generated answers. He infact also acknowledges this problem. Told him further that previous loyal KLM customers are running away from flying with them or even Sky to other alliances. He said he was sad to hear this.. Said that he will also try and bring this up to the right department.

totally agree with you on this one two days ago i spent nearly i hour trying to get through to talk to somebody,
i gave up and called reservations and got put through right away, why is the first choice on the phone not talk to a representative ?? instead of the magic roundabout, i have been flying with klm since 1971 and it is getting worse by the year..

scotty
Old Mar 7, 2006, 3:27 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, Petroleum Club, Hertz 5*, Hilton Silver VIP
Originally Posted by highlander403
totally agree with you on this one two days ago i spent nearly i hour trying to get through to talk to somebody,
i gave up and called reservations and got put through right away, why is the first choice on the phone not talk to a representative ?? instead of the magic roundabout, i have been flying with klm since 1971 and it is getting worse by the year..

scotty
Easest way to get someone real on the phone is to go to the award booking section in the computer menu.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.