Search

Webawards: AMS-NBO 50% discount

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2006, 6:22 am
PJK
Original Poster

Programs: KL/AF FB Plat, Hilton Silver, La Quinta Gold
Webawards: AMS-NBO 50% discount

Just noticed a banner on klm.nl: Amsterdam-Nairobi with 50% discount... but when I click on it, it does not appear on the full list, not can I find available dates.

Anyone have more luck?

Old Feb 13, 2006, 6:20 pm

Programs: klm pe
it makes you completely crazy

they are such ....ing idiots. SUCH ....ING IDIOTS. God i start to hate that company with a vengeance... how on earth can a company be so badly organised...

Yep Imposibble to book. I tried booking Rome and the web award didn't show up. Phoned the hinderdesk and they said ' no webawards are only bookable on the internet sir' Is it that difficult to organise a webaward and then tell the people from the booking engine that you have organised a web award so the booking engine needs to be adapted...

KLM so much looks like soviet russia... One departement blames the other and nothing happens...

Aeroflot to Rome, anyone?
Old Feb 13, 2006, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
maybe they did not load them onto the booking engine yet, there is clearly something wrong. With the last addition of web awards I saw them for almost every flight (intra-EU and also to the US) and now nothing . I'd wait a couple of days and see if this problem gets fixed.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 9:13 pm

Here is what I personally experienced with "Web awards"
I booked a one-way web award with 50% miles discount.
As I went to the ticket office to pick up my ticket(at the time the stretch I was going to fly was not ready for an e-ticket), the lady told me she could not print out my paper ticket, because the system requires 40,000 miles instead of 20,000 web award miles. So, I phoned Flying Blue helpdesk to ask the reason why I could not have the ticket.
First, the lady did not know what to say. After a long pause, she
responded by saying that one can only have round trip web awards ticket,
hence it is not possible to print out one way ticket. So, I aked her why it was then possible for me to book that one way web award on-line, and get a booking confirmation. She said she herself could not understand why it happened, and
apologised for the whole mess.
When I reminded her that it is clearly stated on the internet, that web awards are possible either for one way or return.
Her response was this time very quick and blunt. "Sir, you cannot have a one way ticket."
Recently, I booked a reward ticket on-line.
But this time, Flying Blue charged the taxes twice on my Visa.
I don't know what will happen next time.
It must have been far better if FD had taken over FP, instead of vice versa.

Originally Posted by PJK
Just noticed a banner on klm.nl: Amsterdam-Nairobi with 50% discount... but when I click on it, it does not appear on the full list, not can I find available dates.

Anyone have more luck?

Old Feb 13, 2006, 10:03 pm

Programs: AF/KLM Plat For Life/UA Million Miler-PremEx For Life/SPG Gold
geez, not even listed on the AF website/USA.
Old Feb 14, 2006, 1:35 am

Just to add my whinge to the list has anyone else noticed that the web@wards flight to Sao Paulo is listed as being 40,000 miles on the KLM site but with Air France it's just 35,000?

As regards the Nairobi flight my guess is maybe it isn't bookable until 15th February like the Lima, and Sao Paulo awards so maybe it's worth trying again tomorrow. Saying that though I tried booking a different award on the first available date once before and lo and behold the booking engine hadn't been updated to take account of the reduced mileage required.

It's not just FB that's having problems though. I recently took a flight to Recife, Brazil with Air Portugal and despite making the booking via the internet and entering my TAP Victoria FF number the award miles were added to my Varig Smiles account! A dozen phone calls, four faxes and countless e-mails later and diddly squat has changed.

Let's face it folks, all FF programs are just a bribe to attract business accounts but once they have your money they really have very little incentive to start dishing out free flights. Personally I'd rather these schemes didn't exist and EVERYBODY got cheaper tickets from the outset. That way you could ditch the whole FF department and really make some savings. It won't happen though because then the savings would go to the shareholders and the execs would have to pay for their own holidays (shock, horror )
Old Feb 14, 2006, 3:14 am
PJK
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cattle_class
Just to add my whinge to the list has anyone else noticed that the web@wards flight to Sao Paulo is listed as being 40,000 miles on the KLM site but with Air France it's just 35,000?
The one leaving from CDG, the other from AMS I guess...?
Old Feb 14, 2006, 6:49 am

Programs: BA ExClub Blue (ex Silver), Flying Blue Silver (ex Platinum), M&M forever base soldier
Originally Posted by cattle_class
That way you could ditch the whole FF department and really make some savings.
Remember that FF programs are revenue centers for the airlines (they make money by selling miles to third parties like hotel chains, credit card companies etc.), so ditching FB would actually financially hurt AFKL who owns most of it.

It is well known that FF programs reward the airlines more than their customers...
Old Feb 14, 2006, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by yocko
I tried booking Rome and the web award didn't show up.
This should be bookable from tomorrow, 15/2.
Old Feb 14, 2006, 10:55 am

"The one leaving from CDG, the other from AMS I guess...?"
I'm no airline expert but it doesn't appear to be the case. Both company websites are naming the carrier as KLM so I assume that means the award is centred around AMS. The full 'fare' for this award is 80,000 miles so with the stated 50% reduction that would make the KLM site the correct version.

Makes me wonder what these FB department employees do all day when they can't seem to get anything right. Their incompetence is enshrined for all to see on their websites yet even when they've been informed about their glaring errors they still seem unable to rectify anything. They seem oblivious to the confusion mistakes like this are causing their members.
Old Feb 15, 2006, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by view
This should be bookable from tomorrow, 15/2.
yep, web awards are available
Old Feb 15, 2006, 5:09 pm
PJK
Original Poster

...but AMS-NBO with 50% off seems to be gone. Also from the advertisement-banner...
Old Feb 15, 2006, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by PJK
...but AMS-NBO with 50% off seems to be gone. Also from the advertisement-banner...
It's still showing on the ad-banner after I log in on either klm.com or klmuk.co.uk. However as I write it still isn't listed along with the others on the web@wards list.

I would suggest making a call to the FB customer service department but from experience they appear to know very little about internet awards. Also all e-mails to FB seem to be met with the standard "please read the terms and conditions" .pdf but you may hit lucky.
Old Feb 15, 2006, 9:16 pm

Programs: Flying Blue life Platinum , *A Gold ,PC Plat. IC Royal Ambassador , SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by KIMCHIFLYER
"Sir, you cannot have a one way ticket."
Recently, I booked a reward ticket on-line.
But this time, Flying Blue charged the taxes twice on my Visa.
I don't know what will happen next time.
It must have been far better if FD had taken over FP, instead of vice versa.
if you have such difficulties, don't hesitate, don't waiste you time and money,
ask her to call her supervisor. If it's too much long, cut the line and call again, you can be lucky to have a clever person...sure, they have some...
Old Feb 15, 2006, 11:26 pm

Yes, sometimes I do encounter with a qualified and friendly staff at FB, but my feeling is that the level of servicel at FB fluctuates tremendously compared with the good old FD. In good old FD days, the whole system was organised in such a way that customers can trust the service provided by FD.
Frankly, I have a feeling that some staff at FB do not habe a clue about the programme. Certainly it may take some time to iron out this sort of problem.

Originally Posted by JC25
if you have such difficulties, don't hesitate, don't waiste you time and money,
ask her to call her supervisor. If it's too much long, cut the line and call again, you can be lucky to have a clever person...sure, they have some...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.