transfer of miles between members

Old Feb 5, 06, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: KLM Flying Dutchman PElite
transfer of miles between members

Ive recently purchased two return business class tickets between AMS and BKK, KLM. I am Gold Elite, but my partner is not a member of FB.

My question therefore is, will I be credited with miles for both tickets or, if, as my partner has offered, she joins FB before the flights, can she 'gift' the miles to my account in any way?

Although I have not receivd the '4 flights' offer mentioned in recent posts........ because I have purchased the 4 flights for this trip, will I be credited with the 8000 points on offer?

One more point: what's with the time delay between purchasing KLMs Ace Annual Multi Trip travel insurance and the miles being credited to my account.
They quote 8 weeks, but 12 later, I'm still waiting. I don't necessarily need the miles right now, but boy would I be pissed if I did!

happy landings.............. tamoo
Old Feb 5, 06, 10:09 am

Programs: BAEC Gold A3 Gold IB Plata
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but:

No, no, and no on the first three. You might be able to call them and ask about signing up for the offer, but I wouldn't count on it. Further, you're only going to get credit for two flights - yours. KLM could care less who paid for your partner's ticket. The smartest thing to do is sign her up for an account and let her earn. AMS-BKK in C will earn around 16,000 miles, well on the way to Silver.
Old Feb 5, 06, 12:36 pm

Programs: FB M&M AA Amex HH SPG and others
Originally Posted by alanw
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but:

No, no, and no on the first three. You might be able to call them and ask about signing up for the offer, but I wouldn't count on it. Further, you're only going to get credit for two flights - yours. KLM could care less who paid for your partner's ticket. The smartest thing to do is sign her up for an account and let her earn. AMS-BKK in C will earn around 16,000 miles, well on the way to Silver.
For a new account you will also get 3,000 miles and for receiving statements by email you receive another 1,000 miles, so that will total the miles for your partner to 20k miles.
Old Feb 5, 06, 1:01 pm

Programs: FB Gold
Unfortunatly you cant exchange milages from one acount to another !

Search this Thread