Award booking error

Old Jan 31, 06, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB plat MM sen
Question Award booking error - compensation

I am just starting on the forum.
I need help to understand how to make complaints to FB about their award process. I did booking with the FB agent. I paid taxes using credit card. However at the CDG handling agent told me that I do not have a ticket and I need to pay the full fare price for the flight . I took me a lot of time to convince them to find the solution for me. They did it but instead of enjoying coffee in the lounge I spent one hour fighting with different airport clerks.
At the end one manager told me that sometimes it is like that: ticket are booked but not “printed”. I need some advice, can I ask for some compensation from FB? If yes how I need to do that?

Piotr

Last edited by ppyszk; Jan 31, 06 at 4:15 pm
Old Jan 31, 06, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by ppyszk
I need help to understand how to make complaints to FB about their award process. I did booking with the FB agent. I paid taxes using credit card. However at the CDG handling agent told me that I do not have a ticket and I need to pay the full fare price for the flight . I took me a lot of time to convince them to find the solution for me. They did it but instead of enjoying coffee in the lounge I spent one hour fighting with different airport clerks.
At the end one manager told me that sometimes it is like that: ticket are booked but not “printed”. I need some advice, can I ask for some compensation from FB? If yes how I need to do that?

Piotr
That sounds strange, can you elaborate a little more. You booked the ticket by phone and the miles were deducted from your account; did you get an Amadeus reference number, an e-ticket via Email? You can always use checkmytrip to verify the ticket and print a summary. If the miles are off your account and the taxes on your CC, I'd file a written complaint with FB France including print-outs of everything.
Old Jan 31, 06, 4:18 pm
Original Poster

I got the booking ref number and I printed the booking from checkmytrip; it save my life at the airport. Hovewer I did not get the email confirmation. But I did it 24 hours before flight so I thought that is normal :-)
I will send them all details.
Thanks
Old Jan 31, 06, 6:03 pm

Programs: LH HON, UA 1K, DL FO/MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Sixt Diamond
Sometimes the agents in Ivry are sloppy and they never actually issue tickets for award reservations. Had the same happen last summer... miles deducted, credit card info taken, no tix issued.

However, as I always monitor my reservations closely, I did realize the ticket was still missing and called them up two days prior to departure.
Old Jan 31, 06, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rcs85551
Sometimes the agents in Ivry are sloppy and they never actually issue tickets for award reservations. Had the same happen last summer... miles deducted, credit card info taken, no tix issued.

However, as I always monitor my reservations closely, I did realize the ticket was still missing and called them up two days prior to departure.
yeah, but if the reservation shows on 'checkmytrip' as ticketed , that is a strange story.
Old Jan 31, 06, 10:56 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by cfischer
yeah, but if the reservation shows on 'checkmytrip' as ticketed , that is a strange story.
Apparently, the OP's flight was booked, but not ticketed (no ticket number visible on www.checkmytrip.com, and only the e-mail confirming the reservation, not the second one which confirms the e-ticket has been issued which you receive once the credit card transaction for the taxes has been validated).
Old Feb 1, 06, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JOUY31
Apparently, the OP's flight was booked, but not ticketed (no ticket number visible on www.checkmytrip.com, and only the e-mail confirming the reservation, not the second one which confirms the e-ticket has been issued which you receive once the credit card transaction for the taxes has been validated).
true, I assumed it showed an e-ticket number on checkmytrip (this is what I meant to ask ). If the taxes are on your CC, I would assume the ticket had been issued.
Old Feb 1, 06, 1:42 pm

................But I did it 24 hours before flight so I thought that is normal :-)
I will send them all details.
Thanks
That is what will trigger your problems is my guess. I have had this happen when I booked the evening before a flight the next day (either phone or call center).

PA
Old Feb 1, 06, 1:59 pm

Don't hold your breath

Piotr
The same thing happened to me - but all you'll get is a Gallic shrug and a gobbledygook letter. Sorry
Old Feb 20, 06, 4:25 pm
Original Poster

That's exacly what I got. Nice letter with some bla, bla about their improvment plans. Good luck

Search this Thread