FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue-594/)
-   -   Booking engine merger (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue/512623-booking-engine-merger.html)

halflife Jan 9, 2006 1:20 pm

Booking engine merger

Some KLM web site like Spain, Singapore, ou Hong Kong is now able to book AF (long haul) flights operated by Air France, while Air France crapy web sites are still not able to book KLM flights.

I just wonder how the merger is done, from the technical point of view : Each country is responsible of the local merger of the booking engine ?

Dan Dare Jan 9, 2006 1:36 pm

To have option of AF or KL would be great. As I'm not based in AMS or CDG I hub through either of these. Having the option would the whole comparisonnprocess so much quicker.

Pauillac Jan 9, 2006 3:58 pm

And remember that it is possible to have a return ticket with the inbound on AF and outbound on KLM without any single way surcharge. This was one of the first announcment they made after the merger.

Unfortunatly I have only been able to book theses kind of flight through a travel agency.

halflife Jan 23, 2006 4:44 pm

The French web site http://www.airfrance.fr is now able to display and book all AF AND KLM flights for any destinations serviced by both airlines.

You can now book the outbound flight on AF and inbound on KLM or vice versa. I tried several US, asian and european destinations.

Just select "Afficher par horaire" instead of "Afficher par prix" ^

Cris L Jan 24, 2006 10:24 am

Originally Posted by halflife
Just select "Afficher par horaire" instead of "Afficher par prix" ^

But does this then give you some horrendously high price or can you still get reasonable prices!

pinkcity Jan 25, 2006 9:42 am

Originally Posted by Cris L
But does this then give you some horrendously high price or can you still get reasonable prices!

I simulated a TLS /CPH R/T for midlle february that I will have to do anyway ; the rates for a mix ticket are in the middle of the ones obtained with two legs KL (about 350 euros with tax) and the ones obtained with two legs AF (about 550), thus being between 400 and 450 ; the rate of all KL was equivalent to the one got with KL web site on the same flights : at least something consistent.
So, it's definitely an upside, unless that AF website is always poor in info about the miles earned (even if KL one is sometimes confusing).
In conclusion, it's now possible to book a "mix" trip on AF website, and a multi city one on KL website... Still a couple of updates to go for a good merged one... :)

cfischer Jan 25, 2006 9:52 am

Originally Posted by pinkcity
I simulated a TLS /CPH R/T for midlle february that I will have to do anyway ; the rates for a mix ticket are in the middle of the ones obtained with two legs KL (about 350 euros with tax) and the ones obtained with two legs AF (about 550), thus being between 400 and 450 ; the rate of all KL was equivalent to the one got with KL web site on the same flights : at least something consistent.
So, it's definitely an upside, unless that AF website is always poor in info about the miles earned (even if KL one is sometimes confusing).
In conclusion, it's now possible to book a "mix" trip on AF website, and a multi city one on KL website... Still a couple of updates to go for a good merged one... :)

Does anyone know if one can do this with expedia (and others) as well? I am always able to mix KL/NW and AF/DL but AF/KL gives me full fare prices. I just tried the TLS/CPH for mid February and got USD177 return for KL (great price, 145 EUR all in) all in and USD285 for AF; combined $1400.

PJK Jan 25, 2006 10:01 am

It'd be fun if it allowed you booking a mix of DL and NW...

pinkcity Jan 26, 2006 2:48 am

Originally Posted by cfischer
Does anyone know if one can do this with expedia (and others) as well? I am always able to mix KL/NW and AF/DL but AF/KL gives me full fare prices. I just tried the TLS/CPH for mid February and got USD177 return for KL (great price, 145 EUR all in) all in and USD285 for AF; combined $1400.

I found also the possibility of about 150 euros on the KL website, but the eligible flights didn't fit with my schedules...
I donno how to combine this on Expedia ; this website has a nice multi-cities research engine (except that to get an interesting price, you'd better to ask the pricing separately and not globally), but I generally use it to do a first approach ; after, I'm generally able to find rates as interesting or even more on the website of the company... and convert my FB amex gold expended euros at a rate of 1,4/1 instead of a 1/1... :D

ajamieson Jan 26, 2006 3:24 am

Agreed. Travelling transatlantic from EDI there are five main options: CO via EWR, DL via ATL, KL/NW via AMS, AF via CDG and OK via PRG. There is no way I can compare prices direct with any of these airlines (except CO codeshares with KL and DL codeshares on AF...but these exclude the more convenient direct services). I have to price the itineraries on Expedia then book directly with the airline.

jsfr Jan 26, 2006 10:56 am

Originally Posted by pinkcity
I found also the possibility of about 150 euros on the KL website, but the eligible flights didn't fit with my schedules...
I donno how to combine this on Expedia ; this website has a nice multi-cities research engine (except that to get an interesting price, you'd better to ask the pricing separately and not globally), but I generally use it to do a first approach ; after, I'm generally able to find rates as interesting or even more on the website of the company... and convert my FB amex gold expended euros at a rate of 1,4/1 instead of a 1/1... :D

Booking Air France flights on Expedia with an AF Amex still gets you 1.4 Miles/Euro - but they don't yet do mixed KLM/AF fares (prices as two one-ways, ouch).

pinkcity Jan 26, 2006 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by jsfr
Booking Air France flights on Expedia with an AF Amex still gets you 1.4 Miles/Euro - but they don't yet do mixed KLM/AF fares (prices as two one-ways, ouch).

Thanks for info, I was unaware... Can be useful... ;)