FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue-594/)
-   -   Accounts to be reset tomorrow!!! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue/509170-accounts-reset-tomorrow.html)

ALEXIS2004 Dec 31, 05 1:36 am

Accounts to be reset tomorrow!!!

Happy New Year to all. Hope it will be healthy and prosperous to all!! :)

Well, tomorrow is the day that we will check our accounts and find that the status miles = zero (don't you hate that sight?? :mad: ) and it will be a whole new race all over again.

PJK Dec 31, 05 3:41 am

I know... but the next day I will have my first 1500 miles in the account, and a week later my first transatlantic and 6 qualifying flights ;)

Actually all the flights I am already booked on in 2006 (not including 35k 'open' flights on my RTW) to get me back to gold have been paid for and confimed... ;)

Brobdignag Dec 31, 05 6:08 am

It will be interesting to see if status miles >115,000 are retained (I did over 170,000 last year so should only be 10,000 or so short of Platinum again :)

I'm not optimistic it will work first time though :(

Happy new year to everyone.

KLouis Dec 31, 05 11:48 am

Originally Posted by ALEXIS2004
Happy New Year to all. Hope it will be healthy and prosperous to all!!

Happy New Year to all from me as well!

Well, tomorrow is the day that we will check our accounts and find that the status miles = zero (don't you hate that sight?? :mad: ) and it will be a whole new race all over again.
Not exactly. Firstly, -FD-experience says that they don't zero the accounts immediately, secondly, there are flights from yesterday and today that will have to be included for hundreds of thousands of passengers and thirdly, they promised (?!) me that claimed missing miles from earlier flights (I need 1300 miles to re-qualify as PE, flown but not registered) will be retroactively booked. By the way, I also had another FB first earlier today: the miles from my flights of a couple of days ago already appear on the FB site that is accessible through AF, but not when I access it from KL ( :confused: ) Mind you, they appear on the detailed view only and not the summary one (the one showing up upon login). Well, what can I say, FB definitely seems to have a Mediterranean mentality, this may be the reason why I stick with them.

chrissxb Dec 31, 05 4:07 pm

its 0h07 and I still have the 2005 eqm ;)

:-: HAPPY :-: NEW :-: YEAR :-: EVERYBODY :-:

JOUY31 Dec 31, 05 5:05 pm

AF, as usual, is not exactly on time ;) , but in the Fréquence Plus fashion, the miles qualifiants and the vols qualifiants have been reset to zero a few minutes ago.

Bonne année 2006 !!! :)

chrissxb Dec 31, 05 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by JOUY31
AF, as usual, is not exactly on time ;) , but in the Fréquence Plus fashion, the miles qualifiants and the vols qualifiants have been reset to zero a few minutes ago.

I hate that moment ... ;)

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I should have 15000 eqm reported to 2006, can't see them ... :confused:

KLouis Jan 1, 06 4:31 am

Well, I stand corrected, level miles are indeed down to ZERO! Oh, how I dread the next two months with lots of e-mail and phone exchanges hoping to get my missing miles back in order to keep my PE status...

JOUY31 Jan 1, 06 4:37 am

Well, I faced the issue a few years ago and actually had no problems. As the new cards are usually sent sometime in March, there is plenty of time to get the previous year's mileage credited and to have the elite status updated.

yocko Jan 1, 06 4:50 am

remain PE till march

question... i did not requalify for PE since i have switched alliance... my miles are set on 0 but i am still PE does that mean that i will remain PE till march?

rangerss75 Jan 1, 06 5:11 am

Originally Posted by yocko
question... i did not requalify for PE since i have switched alliance... my miles are set on 0 but i am still PE does that mean that i will remain PE till march?

Well we don't yet know with FB. But with Frequence Plus the answer was yes. AND during those three months you still got the level bonuses.

Emma65 Jan 1, 06 8:41 am

Originally Posted by rangerss75
Well we don't yet know with FB. But with Frequence Plus the answer was yes. AND during those three months you still got the level bonuses.

I just logged in through KLM and mine has been reset to zero as well and I am still down as Gold.

Heard somewhere that when they changed the program from whatever to Flying Dutchman elites kept their status an extra year. Maybe they will do the same this time.

It will be interesting to see the communication coming through FB in the next few weeks.

/E

yocko Jan 1, 06 10:04 am

Originally Posted by Emma65

Heard somewhere that when they changed the program from whatever to Flying Dutchman elites kept their status an extra year. Maybe they will do the same this time.

/E

Am glad to know we will be plat for a while. but a free year??
after all we have been through with FB you wouldn't really believe that, would you. It would already be the biggest surprise of 2006. I have lost faith so much in this program... it is sad...

anyway, happy new year to you all. Hope it will be a happy healthy prosperous one! that it will be, unlike the ff program, generous by nature! ;)

Emma65 Jan 1, 06 10:44 am

Originally Posted by yocko
Am glad to know we will be plat for a while. but a free year??
after all we have been through with FB you wouldn't really believe that, would you.

No not really. Which is why I said it will be interesting to see what communication comes through in the next few weeks.

It would already be the biggest surprise of 2006. I have lost faith so much in this program... it is sad...

Yup. I have signed up with Aeroplan and will use my BD gold statusmatch for the perks until I reach some status with Aeroplan. Seems to be a better program with more perks, benefits and rewards.

I'm not banking on FB giving an extra year so if they stick to rules I'm losing my gold elite status. With Earoplan I actually stand making Elite level on miles by end of march.

It was fun while it lasted.

/E

Brobdignag Jan 2, 06 9:56 am

Originally Posted by Brobdignag
It will be interesting to see if status miles >115,000 are retained (I did over 170,000 last year so should only be 10,000 or so short of Platinum again :)

I'm not optimistic it will work first time though :(

As anticipated my level miles have been reset to zero, rather than the 50000 (175k - 115k) or so I was expecting as per the Platinum Extended benefit.

I contacted the FB helpdesk today. The agent was helpful, but hadn't heard of the benefit. She informed me she would attend to it today and ring me back later or tomorrow (tuesday).

I'll update on any progress. Fingers crossed it won't take a host of calls or faxes :(