FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue-594/)
-   -   1,000 FB Award Miles for free; sign up for summary/newsletter/offers by e-mail (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue/493489-1-000-fb-award-miles-free-sign-up-summary-newsletter-offers-e-mail.html)

Grog Nov 15, 2005 10:48 am

1,000 FB Award Miles for free; sign up for summary/newsletter/offers by e-mail

Just received the following by e-mail (with my FB number and birthdate already built into the link, so I have to believe it's 100% legitimate):

X-Envelope-From: <[email protected]>
X-Envelope-To: <grog>
X-Delivery-Time: -----------
Received: from cmeout.mail.af-klm.com (cmeout.mail.af-klm.com [171.21.250.225])
by groggie.de (8.13.1/8.13.1) with SMTP id
for <grog>; Tue, 15 Nov 2005 18:19:53 +0100 (MET)
To: grog
Message-Id: <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 18:17:47 +0100 (MET)
Subject: 1,000 Flying Blue Award Miles for free
Content-Return: allowed
X-Mailer: CME-V6.5.4.0; klm
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1

Dear Grog,

No matter how far from home your travels may have taken you, we now invite you to the shortest trip on earth.

You currently receive your Mileage Summary, Flying Blue Newsletter and Special Offers by mail. What about receiving it by e-mail from now on? Every two months you will get exactly the same information you’re used to, but now in your e-mail box.

Switching from mail to e-mail is simple. Click here and fill in your Flying Blue number and date of birth. That’s all.

http://www.gecip.net/ChannelShift/In...tNai=XX-X-XXXX

(Grog's note: Substitute the ***'s with your Flying Blue number and the XX-X-XXXX with your birthdate in DD-M-YYYY (Jan-Sep) or DD-MM-YYYY (for Oct-Dec) format)

We’ll be pleased to give you 1,000 Flying Blue Award Miles when you switch to e-mail.

Yours sincerely,

Cristina Zanchi
KLM Director Customer
Relationship Management
Frédéric Babu
AIR FRANCE Director Customer
Relationship Management

chrissxb Nov 15, 2005 11:22 am

got that one, too.

they wrote

dear Mrs. chrissxb .... :rolleyes:

edited to add: 1000 miles credited after your next flight :mad:

OSLflyer Nov 15, 2005 11:56 am

Originally Posted by chrissxb

they wrote

dear Mrs. chrissxb .... :rolleyes:

edited to add: 1000 miles credited after your next flight :mad:

Grog, thanks for easy 1000 FB miles :)

However, I got the miles after my first transaction is processed .

Thank you for signing up!
From now on you will receive your Mileage Summary, Flying Blue Newsletter and special offers via e-mail. What’s more, 1,000 Flying Blue Award Miles will be credited to your account as soon as your first transaction is processed.

Klm is Dead - Long Live KLM Nov 15, 2005 4:26 pm

here's a dirty little secret

After your 1000 miles post, go back to your profile and select received my news "per post". You will be included in the next targeted email run for another 1000 mile offer.

I know you can repeat this at least twice.

Going for three...

cfischer Nov 15, 2005 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by Klm is Dead - Long Live KLM
After your 1000 miles post, go back to your profile and select received my news "per post". You will be included in the next targeted email run for another 1000 mile offer.

I know you can repeat this at least twice.

Going for three...

you ever got the initial 1000 miles!?!? How did you do this? I never got them :mad:

cardesigner2000 Nov 15, 2005 6:03 pm

I received the same e-mail today. Never did get the miles the first time around even though I signed up before. (Rant) What's with the individual boxes to enter your FB number and birthdate that require you to tab to the next box to enter the following number? No cut and paste possible...(end Rant)

cfischer Nov 15, 2005 6:13 pm

let's see if I get them this time, tomorrow a NW flight should credit; does anyone know if the 1000 miles are supposed to credit immediately after the next activity, or with the usual FB delay (months to never ever :D ).

monahos Nov 15, 2005 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by chrissxb
edited to add: 1000 miles credited after your next flight

Originally Posted by OSLflyer
However, I got the miles after my first transaction is processed.

I believe chrissxb is providing a translation of the French version of the signup page, which indeed mentions the next flight, as opposed to the next transaction on the English version.

Since family members who have received this email have either upcoming nonflight partner activity or flights, we'll see if mere 'transactions' are sufficient, if ever the points post (the original batch certainly didn't).

LearningToFly Nov 15, 2005 9:12 pm

yes but

When the announce is read like this:

"Chère Madame

Peu importe jusqu’où vos vols vous ont porté, nous vous invitons aujourd’hui au plus court des voyages.

Actuellement, votre relevé de compte, votre Lettre d’information Flying Blue et vos offres spéciales vous sont envoyés par courrier. Que diriez-vous de les recevoir désormais par
e-mail ? Envoyées tous les deux mois, ces informations seront les mêmes que d’habitude et elles arriveront directement sur votre messagerie électronique.

Pour profiter de ce service, c’est très simple : cliquez ici et saisissez votre numéro
de carte Flying Blue ainsi que votre date de naissance.

Nous serons ravis de vous offrir 1 000 Miles-Prime de bonus lors de votre inscription.

A très bientôt sur nos lignes ! "

It means that when you register ("inscription" in French) you get the miles. The problem is that when you actually register, you learn that your miles will be granted after your next ... whatever. This is misrepresentation, and I regret my useless "inscription".

johan rebel Nov 15, 2005 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by LearningToFly
Envoyées tous les deux mois

Really? I selected the e-mail option back in June, and have yet to see any relevé de compte arrive in my inbox. I did get the 1,000 miles, but only by getting someone in a position of authority to order FB to credit them.

Johan

Hagbard Viking Nov 16, 2005 12:04 am

Originally Posted by johan rebel
Really? I selected the e-mail option back in June, and have yet to see any relevé de compte arrive in my inbox. I did get the 1,000 miles, but only by getting someone in a position of authority to order FB to credit them.

Johan

I selected the e-mail option already during the Flying Dutchman era and used to get the e-statements "tous les deux mois" until June, nothing since...

Oh, and as far as I remember the miles I was supposed to get for changing to e-statements never posted. Anyone surprised?

Klm is Dead - Long Live KLM Nov 16, 2005 1:57 am

mine appeared as "Email Communication Bonus" about 3-4 months later.

johan rebel Nov 16, 2005 2:20 am

Originally Posted by Hagbard Viking
I selected the e-mail option already during the Flying Dutchman era and used to get the e-statements "tous les deux mois" until June, nothing since...

Same here. The FD statements used to arrive regular as clockwork. I have reset my options to snail mail. If FB can't get their act together they will just have to incur the expense of sending me statements by regular mail.

Johan

Hagbard Viking Nov 16, 2005 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by Klm is Dead - Long Live KLM
mine appeared as "Email Communication Bonus" about 3-4 months later.

Congratulations on getting the bonus miles!

But have you got any e-statements?

Brobbel Nov 16, 2005 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by Hagbard Viking
Congratulations on getting the bonus miles!

But have you got any e-statements?

I received both.

Sep 25 my 1000 bonusmiles "bonus voor e-mail communicatie"
Oct 26 my first e-statement.

But Mrs Brobbel received neither one...