Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

How can I keep my Status and earn 100% miles on discounted tickets?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2005, 3:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K

I need some advice.

Is it possible to get comped somewhere. I am really concerned about the 25% mileage credit for discounted economy flights with KL/AF. I would like to keep my status but there is no way I am going to be happy with 25%.

I just want to keep my status and earn actual miles. My travel patterns is as follows:

2 trips per year from Sudan to Europe to Canada (discounted economy) -
5 trips per year Toronto to LAX
5 trips per year from Canada to Singapore
2 trips per year from Singapore to Adelaide

Any suggestions appreciated
Old Nov 4, 2005, 4:51 am

Programs: FB Gold; PC Plat.
The way I understand it, at least on Air France, it is only on SOME discounted economy tickets that you don't get full mileage (G, U and L classes for international travel, and they're not that easy to get for such destinations as the Sudan). Seeing your travel pattern, I would be extremely, extremely surprised if you did not manage to keep your status.
Old Nov 4, 2005, 5:36 am

Programs: FB Plat for life
When you book your ticket, try to book them from an agent or directly with AF by phone. Ask for V class instead of L. V class is a little more expensive than L but not much and provide 100% miles up to now.
Old Nov 4, 2005, 5:44 am

...Exactly, thanks Adrien (I forgot about the V class). And as long as you keep using Skyteam members for your non-Air France flights, you should be more than fine.
Old Nov 4, 2005, 5:54 am
PJK

Programs: KL/AF FB Plat, Hilton Silver, La Quinta Gold
Just remember that V class on KLM-flights will only get you 25%!!!!!
(And as far as I know, also on NW-flights)... Go for Q instead.
Old Nov 4, 2005, 7:08 am
Original Poster

OK - all these classes which only get 25% mileage. Have we got a simple list of what classes of discount economy not to book?

I am surprised that some NW booking codes only get 25% on FB - is this true? Does this class get 100% if I was a member of another programme.

I ask because even though I fly a lot - I am always discount economy. I am the type of flyer that gets burned by this 25% rule.
Old Nov 4, 2005, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by davistev
OK - all these classes which only get 25% mileage. Have we got a simple list of what classes of discount economy not to book?
On the FB site, under "earn miles", there is a detailed table of which booking class earns what.
Old Nov 4, 2005, 9:00 am
Original Poster

what is the FB url address now? My KLM account shows me my account status and miles but says I cannot book awards online - I must contact FB.
Why all this confusion?

It was all perfect before - no time for this - RRRRRRRR!
Old Nov 4, 2005, 9:15 am

Try www.airfrance.com, enter your country (Canada, right?) then click on frequent flyer.
Old Nov 4, 2005, 10:44 am
Original Poster

Thanks - I tried KLM and AF websites but I cannot book award seats online. It says I have to contact FB - just problems.

Anyway - I found seats in V class (Air France) from Egypt to Canada. I assume this will get me 100% miles in FB
Old Nov 4, 2005, 1:29 pm

Programs: KLM Flying Dutchman forever, bmi Diamond Club (is there a theme here?), LH, BA, EK, DL nobody
Originally Posted by davistev
Anyway - I found seats in V class (Air France) from Egypt to Canada. I assume this will get me 100% miles in FB
Correct

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.