Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award booking issues on FB website

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2019, 3:03 am

OK, it's not a solution for those who want to use a full web browser, but with all the issues I've had booking, I tried with the Android app on my phone and it works fine - flights show up, nothing greyed out and I can make a booking.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 2:44 am

Originally Posted by Concerto
I am also struggling with this greyed out screen issue. The advice here is to clear your cache and delete all cookies, but I'm not sure how to do that on a Mac (one of the older ones, when it was still a quality product). It shouldn't be messy like this to research award possibilities.
Tried everything, but nothing works except the app. They really need to fix this greyed out-issue.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Oh it's awful, almost as if they don't want you to use it. I accept that making use of these things should have their challenges, but this is so 1990s. I managed to get it to work on Safari. In fact, I recall looking up one of the promo awards, which I think was pre-filled, and from there I was able to change the destinations.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 7:32 am

It doesn't work for IE, Chrome and Safari. I tried both Air France and KLM. I am so glad I booked my reward flight on Jan. 13th before this computer glitch happened.
FB needs to fix it asap.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 9:51 am

Programs: Once a somebody now a nobody
I tried the mobile site on my desktop using Chrome and was able to check for award flights.

https://mobile.airfrance.com/
Old Jan 22, 2019, 4:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Flying Blue
Award flights

Thanks for the info on mobile site. I've been struggling for 4 days now to book. Used this link on my laptop with Chrome and got booked inside 5 minutes. Good news!
Old Jan 22, 2019, 7:49 pm

Has anyone tried contactingh their tech support or get an answer about what's going on? There are even a few blogs out there that are now mentioning that problem, so hopefully they will realize at some point.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 9:14 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by chicago747
I tried the mobile site on my desktop using Chrome and was able to check for award flights.

Thanks so much, this worked for me as well.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by ryandc99
Thanks so much, this worked for me as well.
Used the mobile site to find the flights. Then called and spent 1 hour and 40 minutes on hold before I got an agent. They were able to book the ticket in about 15 minutes once I got through. Painful process.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by chicago747

Yes, thanks for this tip. I was able to use this yesterday and book a reward flight.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 6:29 pm

Newbie question: flying blue

Hi
I'm new to the flying blue program. I've accumulated enough points (through AMEX, Chase, Capital one credit cards) for 4 award tickets for my family. However, I read in the forums that the award seats on the flying blue program are often phantom awards, and they lock you out of the program if you only book award seats. Now I'm scared to transfer all my points. Does anyone have experience of this recently? If so, what advice could you give me on safely booking the award seats and making sure I don't get locked out?
Old Jan 31, 2019, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by joshiajay
...{snip}...Then called and spent 1 hour and 40 minutes on hold before I got an agent...{snip}...Painful process.
Yes, indeed! What time of day (Greek time) did you call? I've never ever had to wait for longer than 5 minutes!
Old Feb 4, 2019, 10:02 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Plat
Not really an issue, more of a question: are DL flights booked with Flying Blue miles in Economy eligible for complimentary upgrades?

Last edited by ok986; Feb 4, 2019 at 10:02 am Reason: typo
Old Feb 5, 2019, 12:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by ok986
Not really an issue, more of a question: are DL flights booked with Flying Blue miles in Economy eligible for complimentary upgrades?
By complimentary, do you mean op-up ? In theory yes, but do not dream. Likelihood is 0.00001% of chance.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 6:15 am

I had an interesting phone conversation with a FB agent last night when trying to book an award. Apparently they are only able to see what customers can see through a FB booking portal; in other words, we can't them individual flights. Also, the only constraints to the amount of connections is whatever the booking tool comes up with.

It made me wonder if agents themselves would be subject to phantom inventory. I wouldn't imagine so.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.