Award booking issues on FB website

Old Nov 9, 2018, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak

I have the same problem and more and more frequently. Clear your cache and delete cookies and it will work.
I also have noted Firefox actually works better than IE or Chrome for this issue not coming up as well............
Old Nov 10, 2018, 2:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by LiquidHonesty
I also have noted Firefox actually works better than IE or Chrome for this issue not coming up as well............
For me, it's with Safari.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 9:29 pm

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
Error: A technical error occurred and ...

After confirming on AirFrance and KLM that there was Premium Economy award availability for 72k miles for PDX to LYS I transferred about 100k miles from chase to top off my Air France account and have enough miles.
I'm a silver member from crediting flights from other airlines about 6 months back, have bought some miles during an AirFrance purchase special, and have had my account open for about 2 years so I hope their revenue police haven't screwed me thinking I'm an evil person taking advantage of them when I transferred choice points. The only reason I credited flights to AF and bought 4K+4k miles was to show I'm legitimate in case I ever did want to use their miles and make a transfer from Citi or Chase....

I'm quite upset with the last 3 hours I've spent on this and now potentially lost chase miles to a useless airline... My reasoning for calling them useless is below...

The ticket was PDX-SEA-CDG-LYS.

When I tried to see if the Delta segment was the issue due to their changes this month and book SEA to LYS Air France now asked for 150k miles...

Over double the miles for the same trip with removing one segment... What a bunch of crap.

Any ideas on why the error is occurring? The availability keeps showing up but keeps having the same error across 3 browsers and clearing cookies on each one...

Has anyone been able to reverse a chase transfer due to airlines being so unfair and not allowing you to book awards they showed available right before transferring points? And still do after transferring? It is deceptive and feels very wrong.

Last edited by TravelGuy1965; Nov 18, 2018 at 9:41 pm
Old Nov 19, 2018, 1:27 am

Originally Posted by TravelGuy1965
After confirming on AirFrance and KLM that there was Premium Economy award availability for 72k miles for PDX to LYS I transferred about 100k miles from chase to top off my Air France account and have enough miles.
I'm a silver member from crediting flights from other airlines about 6 months back, have bought some miles during an AirFrance purchase special, and have had my account open for about 2 years so I hope their revenue police haven't screwed me thinking I'm an evil person taking advantage of them when I transferred choice points. The only reason I credited flights to AF and bought 4K+4k miles was to show I'm legitimate in case I ever did want to use their miles and make a transfer from Citi or Chase....

I'm quite upset with the last 3 hours I've spent on this and now potentially lost chase miles to a useless airline... My reasoning for calling them useless is below...

The ticket was PDX-SEA-CDG-LYS.

When I tried to see if the Delta segment was the issue due to their changes this month and book SEA to LYS Air France now asked for 150k miles...

Over double the miles for the same trip with removing one segment... What a bunch of crap.

Any ideas on why the error is occurring? The availability keeps showing up but keeps having the same error across 3 browsers and clearing cookies on each one...

Has anyone been able to reverse a chase transfer due to airlines being so unfair and not allowing you to book awards they showed available right before transferring points? And still do after transferring? It is deceptive and feels very wrong.
How did you "confirm" that there was availability?
Have you tried calling FB to make the reservation?

The best way to do these kind of bookings is to call FB and put the reservation for you on hold, only then transfer the miles and complete the reservation, I'm not aware of any way to reverse those kind of transfers.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 8:09 am

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
It showed available on the Air France and KLM web site. I could select the dates, flights, and enter the passengers names.
Then when clicking 'validate' the error comes up. I'm calling today as they were closed last night. Thanks for the help. I didn't know they did award holds.

Originally Posted by Ditto
How did you "confirm" that there was availability?
Have you tried calling FB to make the reservation?

The best way to do these kind of bookings is to call FB and put the reservation for you on hold, only then transfer the miles and complete the reservation, I'm not aware of any way to reverse those kind of transfers.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 1:47 pm

48 hour award hold or ??

I put an award on hold today, the agent first told me it was "warrantied" for 48 hours, then said the airline had "confirmed space until December 3" - two weeks from today. I do plan to act on the award in the next 48 hours, but wondered if anyone else had encountered something like this or knows what it means. The agent sounded a bit confused about it himself.

Thanks.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 10:22 pm

Programs: FB Plat
Thumbs up Worked well

Just got awards tickets from YUL-JFK-YUL for 23K Miles and JFK-CDG-JFK for 47,5K Miles (X'mas period !) worked well on AF US website.

2018 (>1) SGN CDG LRT ORY NTE SOU DUB VKG PQC HAN MNL CEB GES CAN SIN OPO AGP TBB
Old Dec 5, 2018, 6:47 pm

Using FireFox was able to book my award flight fine. 53K each for Business class on KLM's Dreamliner (for the 2nd leg)! LHR-AMS-YYZ The 2nd week of May. :-) Strangely just AMS-YYZ was priced at 76K miles each for business the same day.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 10:22 pm

Programs: UA MP, NW WP, AA
Originally Posted by adlibitum
I put an award on hold today, the agent first told me it was "warrantied" for 48 hours, then said the airline had "confirmed space until December 3" - two weeks from today. I do plan to act on the award in the next 48 hours, but wondered if anyone else had encountered something like this or knows what it means. The agent sounded a bit confused about it himself.

Thanks.
Newbie to FB. I am trying to transfer Chase UR points to FB for award flights. How long is the hold for the award seats if I call in to FB?
Old Dec 16, 2018, 7:25 pm

Problem with promo awards

Trying to book a promo award out of MEX-CDG. Initially, the site gave an error "no flights available" but still showed available flights at the promo pricing. Now, it just gives the error without the available flight at any pricing. I called Flying Blue, who confirmed that the flight is still available at the lowest tier and should qualify for a promo award, but that since promo awards are online only, they could not book it over the phone.

I tested looking at all classes of service both using the calendar view and using individual dates. Economy is showing availability on the calendar when searching with flexible dates, but when you click a date, it errors out. PE and J both just give the error message regardless of flexible dates. Talking to Flying Blue, there are multiple days with availability in all classes. I've cleared cookies, tried different browsers, mobile site, app, country sites (US, MEX, NL, FR).

I also tried searching PVR-CDG, which shows availability PVR-MEX-CDG on the flight I am trying to book. Don't think this is a married segment issue since agent could see MEX-CDG availability just fine by itself.

Any suggestions?
Old Jan 5, 2019, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Does Delta award availability not show on the AF/KL sites? Every calendar search I put in for multiple transcon routes fails to yield anything, just an error that no flights can be found. every month of the year. Both Y and J. Everything else seems to be working fine.. (sorry, not familiar with the site and I don't see indicated anywhere else that it;'s not supposed to work...)

edit

okay this is weird.

When I search for e.g. YVR-MCO in J for Nov 5 (and do calendar search), it gives a "no flights found" error and throws me back to the search page.
When I search for Y flights, same dates & calendar option, it shows availability for November 5th... INCLUDING A J FLIGHT.

What's going on here?

Last edited by Smiley90; Jan 5, 2019 at 11:31 pm
Old Jan 10, 2019, 10:57 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hyatt Globalist
I booked an award ticket on VN using flying blue, how do I find out the confirmation # on VN? I tried to twitter them but got no response yet.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I am also struggling with this greyed out screen issue. The advice here is to clear your cache and delete all cookies, but I'm not sure how to do that on a Mac (one of the older ones, when it was still a quality product). It shouldn't be messy like this to research award possibilities.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak

I have the same problem and more and more frequently. Clear your cache and delete cookies and it will work.

IE works but no luck with Chrome incognito or Firefox private mode or cleared cookies.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 9:10 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Smiley90
Does Delta award availability not show on the AF/KL sites? Every calendar search I put in for multiple transcon routes fails to yield anything, just an error that no flights can be found. every month of the year. Both Y and J. Everything else seems to be working fine.. (sorry, not familiar with the site and I don't see indicated anywhere else that it;'s not supposed to work...)

edit

okay this is weird.

When I search for e.g. YVR-MCO in J for Nov 5 (and do calendar search), it gives a "no flights found" error and throws me back to the search page.
When I search for Y flights, same dates & calendar option, it shows availability for November 5th... INCLUDING A J FLIGHT.

What's going on here?
I’m having the same problem. Can’t find a single DL flight anywhere anytime on FB site. Trying to book a trip to Paris but have to get to ATL or DTW first. Anyone know a workaround?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.