Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award booking issues on FB website

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2018, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Joining the bunch of very unhappy bunnies at the disappearance of the award calendars. Looking for a promoaward with no luck and fed up looking day by day especially as the website makes changing the search awkward and keeps reverting to the wrong class of travel too. Useless.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 10:34 am

Programs: KL Plat
Another annoyance, if you're manually checking days around a date, when you go back to select the next date, the calendar whilst still holding the date you just searched for, defaults to today when you open it so you then have to go forward again to the month you were looking at...
Old Jun 11, 2018, 4:10 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
Yup. The new program is complete garbage. My million FB miles are not worth much anymore. I just got quoted a fantastic 385000 miles for a one-way business class trip on KLM in November. The new website is absolutely useless (lots of packaging, not much useful content, must have been made by a Dutch company...), The award booking engine keeps crapping out and the calendar view, which was one of the few useful things before is no longer there... Of course, the absence of award charts does not help either. Extremely annoying. I wanted to use those miles for business class bookings during my sabbatical leave at the end of the year. Add this to the disappearance of the stopovers on award bookings last year and you end up with a completely useless program. Glad I started gradually to get out of SkyTeam few years ago. Should have done that earlier.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 11:29 am

Programs: FB Gold (ST E+), Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by gadgetfreaky
Yes they purposely removed it right before the swap to the new random pricing model.

Just guessing the reasoning for hiding the monthly pricing is so it doesn't expose the absolutely insane pricing craziness.

It's like they had someone from high school code their new reward system,. Super glad I didn't transfer any more points to this airline for business class to Europe and at least for now- this reward program is dead to me.
I called AirFrance in the US to complain about now having to view awards one day at a time... they said they need to escalate it to Paris. I doubt they did so. Maybe all of you should also call and complain, as it takes man hours from them, and maybe theyll give in.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 8:16 pm

Programs: FB Gold
When you call AirFrance in the US you are calling Delta agents. They don't care much about FlyingBlue complaints indeed.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 12:13 pm

Alternative site to search Air France award availability more than one day at a time?
Old Jul 3, 2018, 12:20 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by milesunited
Alternative site to search Air France award availability more than one day at a time?
I am using a subscription to expertflyer which can give you a 7-day visibility on a defined route. Works-ish... Flying blue is really becoming more and more a useless program. Availability just randomly disappears when attempting to book award flights, and the pricing system is full of bugs. Flight A-B via C can not be priced and booked using miles, but there is plenty of availability between A-C and C-B (exact same dates, exact same flights, transfer less than 24 hours). When calling flying blue, they just come up with random prices, when they are able to price it at all... Annoying and disappointing
mikena likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 3:32 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum | Flying Blue Petroleum | Hilton Gold | Marriott Gold | Shangri-La Jade
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Joining the bunch of very unhappy bunnies at the disappearance of the award calendars. Looking for a promoaward with no luck and fed up looking day by day especially as the website makes changing the search awkward and keeps reverting to the wrong class of travel too. Useless.
The monthly view for award calendars is back at the KLM website
Old Jul 25, 2018, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by glennhaak
The monthly view for award calendars is back at the KLM website
I just tried on both the US and the NL version but still can't see it... that's odd.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by Klems
I just tried on both the US and the NL version but still can't see it... that's odd.
Same here, i still cannot see it. I see a Circle with an exclamation mark instead.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 12:26 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum | Flying Blue Petroleum | Hilton Gold | Marriott Gold | Shangri-La Jade
Originally Posted by Klems
Originally Posted by ninim2200
Same here, i still cannot see it. I see a Circle with an exclamation mark instead.
Seems to be gone again indeed, on InsideFlyer.nl people are reporting the same
Old Jul 25, 2018, 12:30 pm

They must probably be bored and figured they'd play with our sanity . Hopefully it's a sign that it will come back...?
Solevita likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 12:40 pm

Programs: KL Plat
Maybe the sudden rush of everyone eager to try it crashed it
Goldorak likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 4:35 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Anyone has luck in finding flights from US to Hawaii? I searched ATL, EWR, PHL to HNL and OGG, nothing.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 4:12 pm

Programs: FB Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by RedSun
Anyone has luck in finding flights from US to Hawaii? I searched ATL, EWR, PHL to HNL and OGG, nothing.
I was coming here to ask exactly the same thing! With the calendar available once again, I've tried to find a date for the next year and I couldn't find a SINGLE date that would have availability for a one way.
I've checked on KLM, airfrance.ca .us .fr.... and they all have nothing. Did they completely remove inventory for flying blue? I can see space on DL.com just fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.