Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award booking issues on FB website

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2016, 12:26 am

Originally Posted by zboub345
Still zero Air Calin . I hate FlyingPoo so much...
Since several high-profile bloggers posted about SB awards a few weeks ago and bookings probably shot through the roof, I wonder if FB just pulled online award bookings for SB altogether.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 3:06 am

Programs: FB Gold
Originally Posted by svellmann
Since several high-profile bloggers posted about SB awards a few weeks ago and bookings probably shot through the roof, I wonder if FB just pulled online award bookings for SB altogether.
Could you give any further information about these posts? What was said? I too am curious as to why there is no SB availability showing.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 3:45 am

Mostly TRAVEL IS FREE on August 11:
http://travelisfree.com/2016/08/11/f...n-the-pacific/
I played a lot with award search for SB flights for a week or two following that post which showed great availability on many routes until suddenly not a single flight was showing availability anymore since then.

The Points Guy made a short mention of using FB miles on SB as kind of a sweet spot on June 17 already:
http://thepointsguy.com/2016/06/top-...ng-blue-miles/

While view from the wing noted the possibility of using FB miles on SB on August 2nd:
http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....m-flying-blue/

I could swear that Matthew from Live and Let's Fly as well as Lucky's One Mile at a Time blog picked up on this topic sometime in the last 4-5 weeks but can't for the life of me find the related posts right now. Maybe I'm delirious already after reading too much about this in the past couple of weeks.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 3:47 am

[deleted] sorry for duplicate post

Last edited by svellmann; Sep 6, 2016 at 3:47 am Reason: duplicate post
Old Sep 6, 2016, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by svellmann
I could swear that Matthew from Live and Let's Fly as well as Lucky's One Mile at a Time blog picked up on this topic sometime in the last 4-5 weeks but can't for the life of me find the related posts right now. Maybe I'm delirious already after reading too much about this in the past couple of weeks.
Thanks for your quick reply. I don't follow any of those, and don't quite get why they have suddenly been posting this, SB has been a FB airline for quite a while. Shame if this has stopped SB from offering awards tickets.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by Ditto
What dates? I don't see any availability in the tool for a direct flight for May/June next year

There is no aeroloft availability on FB. If you check delta, it is wide open.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 12:36 am

Originally Posted by TravelingRabbit
There is no aeroloft availability on FB. If you check delta, it is wide open.
Then there might not be any, or you need to call to book it.
Either way, that's different to "it shows up on the first screen and then vanish"
Old Sep 7, 2016, 2:46 pm

Either way, that's different to "it shows up on the first screen and then vanish"

I called, they said there is no availability (literally on any day ever). Tons of availability via delta.com though.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FB has been blocking aeroflot awards for many months - i recall trying to overcome this issue last year... they just pretend there is no availability

that regular award space is perfectly bookable via delta or su itself

Originally Posted by azepine00
Is aeroflot award space accessible on FB page?

I can see space on SU on delta site but not via FB.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 3:56 pm

FB has been blocking aeroflot awards for many months - i recall trying to overcome this issue last year... they just pretend there is no availability

The fact that you can book an award ticket with SU or DL doesn't mean it is available to book with Flying Blue, why do you think they "pretend" there is no availability?
I see a lot of availability with SU on other routes, e.g. AMS-SVO, BKK-SVO, TLV-SVO
Old Sep 19, 2016, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The fact that you can book an award ticket with SU or DL doesn't mean it is available to book with Flying Blue, why do you think they "pretend" there is no availability?
I see a lot of availability with SU on other routes, e.g. AMS-SVO, BKK-SVO, TLV-SVO
SU makes award O and X space available - meaning it is bookable by any ST partner unless of course that partner blocks it (fully or partially).

I have vivid memories of United pulling this kind of cr@p with starnet over *A inventory a few years ago - also with selected routes and partners - getting partner awards required "manual sell" and agents were instructed not to do so... (amazingly now i think overall the program was better back then so everything is relative)

anyways i firmly believe this is of FB making as they dont want to pay SU for those seats but ymmv of course
Old Sep 22, 2016, 3:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
???

The first route I looked up there is only SU availability on offer...

And how can you tell that it is Flying Blue, rather than Aeroflot, that is "blocking"?

What route are you looking for?

SU makes award O and X space available - meaning it is bookable by any ST partner unless of course that partner blocks it (fully or partially).

I have vivid memories of United pulling this kind of cr@p with starnet over *A inventory a few years ago
I was waiting when "Starnet" would be mentioned

If there is an equivalent "Skynet" - then please let us know!

anyways i firmly believe this is of FB making as they dont want to pay SU for those seats but ymmv of course
But FB designs the programme and adapts it to meet their needs. If there were such "sweet spots" in the programme that meant offering these SU awards would somehow leave them out of pocket, then they would adapt the programme.

They have shown themselves to be adept at changing the rules to their own advantage. FB aren't simply going to "block" awards for the reasons advanced here. They are not out of pocket for the awards they "sell"; and while they would much rather you let your miles to expire or devalue, they are also glad to write off the outstanding liabilities by having you "cash in" your miles.

I think there are a lot of misconceptions abroad about reward flights. AF and SU codeshare on flights between CDG and SVO, for example. Delta, however, won't sell you a ticket (for revenue) on an AF-coded SU-operated flight between CDG and SVO. Therefore Delta is clearly "blocking" flights - right???? Because we apparently have this notion that every single alliance-member or partner-member flight operated anywhere in the world should be available without fuss or comment to any other alliance-member??
Attached Images  

Last edited by irishguy28; Sep 22, 2016 at 3:46 am
Old Sep 22, 2016, 8:17 am

For those interested, SB award availability has reappeared.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 9:20 am

thx for the info: SB is back, at last!!
Old Sep 26, 2016, 5:18 pm

I booked five coach tickets OMA-CZM today. I had the required miles in the account and the flight dates were within the 10 month window. However, when it came time to book the tickets, a "technical issue" prevented the online completion. I called and the phone booking process took about 25 minutes and was relatively painless. The fees breakdown ended up $5 higher per ticket than what was showing online. The flights were all on Delta metal and Delta's ticket receipt showed the higher fees. The AF website still shows the incorrect fees. Not sure who the culprit is but 2/3 times I had to actually call to issue a ticket because of 'technical issues' with AF's online booking process.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.