Award booking issues on FB website

Old May 11, 2022, 12:27 pm

Programs: AS MVP, FB Silver (former UA 1K)
I'm trying to book an award flight North America to Paris. I'm seeing good value on some December flights (when business travel slows down). However, according to the website the fare does not include hand or checked baggage. I've never seen this before except on the most highly discounted and restrictive economy fares. I've booked this fare before and the baggage allowance was quite generous. Is this correct or an IT bug?
Old May 11, 2022, 3:51 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by benmo13
At least you guys seem to be able to find the flights (most of the time)

When I search via both KLM and AirFrance (desktop and mobile) the delta flights are filtered out, and so is the price w the lowest mileage cost (see screenshot where the price under the date shows 87k but the cheapest is 113k).

Is anyone experiencing something similar?

I have seen this recently too and can't get the website or app to show the lowest fare
Old May 11, 2022, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Tunapalooza
I'm trying to book an award flight North America to Paris. I'm seeing good value on some December flights (when business travel slows down). However, according to the website the fare does not include hand or checked baggage. I've never seen this before except on the most highly discounted and restrictive economy fares. I've booked this fare before and the baggage allowance was quite generous. Is this correct or an IT bug?
yes, it's a bug. No worries !
Old May 11, 2022, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by N104UA
I have seen this recently too and can't get the website or app to show the lowest fare
it's a long-time bug, part of the very long list of bugs affecting AFKL systems for 2 to 3 years. I see it very often
Old May 19, 2022, 6:03 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum, United 1K, AA Platinum
Has anyone ever seen a situation in where when making an award booking, it "completes" before going through payment or actually having the miles in your account?

This is showing here but I had 0 miles in my account (wanted to check seating prior to transferring Amex miles), but I don't know what the deal is now. Would appreciate any help in figuring how to complete this booking.
Old May 23, 2022, 1:01 pm
SLV

Programs: Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Blake22222
Has anyone ever seen a situation in where when making an award booking, it "completes" before going through payment or actually having the miles in your account?

This is showing here but I had 0 miles in my account (wanted to check seating prior to transferring Amex miles), but I don't know what the deal is now. Would appreciate any help in figuring how to complete this booking.
Were you able to resolve it? I hit the same issue, I have a booking code that I can use to pull up the reservation but I can't seem to pay or anything. ExpertFlyer shows the seat was removed from the inventory as well.

Not sure if it will automatically release the seat and close out the "reservation"?

I keep getting this error when trying to cancel myself:
Unfortunately, it's not possible to change this flight online. Please contact the KLM Customer Contact Centre and mention the service ID number MS001. We'll gladly help you change your flight. If you booked via a travel agency, please reach out to them for assistance.

----

EDIT: Twitter support fixed it by canceling and asking me to rebook.

Last edited by SLV; May 23, 2022 at 4:45 pm
Old May 25, 2022, 2:52 am

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Is it me, or is it impossible to book an award using AF or KLM with FB Miles right now?

Ended up having to sit on hold for about an hour with FB, but they were able to book. Is there a bug about booking business class mileage tickets on France domestics?

Last edited by N1120A; May 25, 2022 at 4:05 pm Reason: Added info
Old May 27, 2022, 3:14 am

Programs: LX Sen, EK Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Sirius Gold, BA Gold
Is it just me or this really over the top ? Business Class GVA-AMS-GVA for 185'000 miles !!!!

Old May 28, 2022, 2:13 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, BA Silver, AC, AF/KL, AV, VS | Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by asimha
Is it just me or this really over the top ? Business Class GVA-AMS-GVA for 185'000 miles !!!!

That looks to be related to the stories of KLM only selling the highest fare buckets right now to discourage people from flying with them due to staff shortages at AMS. That's not a joke!
asimha likes this.
Old May 31, 2022, 1:13 am

Programs: UA 1P 1MM, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
I’ve been trying to book multiple KLM award ticket for the past hour or so. Each time it either logged me out or returned me to the home page after I entered the credit card details and hit confirm payment. No booking code, ticket number or any such detail and no miles deducted.

Now I’m looking at the AMEX app and it shows a bunch of pending charges from KLM for each failed booking attempt.

Two questions:
- anyone run into this before and anyway to work around this to confirm the reservations? I transferred Amex points so really do want to use them as I don’t normally fly KLM (these attempted bookings are for within EU tickets)
- will these pending charges drop off automatically since no tickets have been issued or do I need to do anything proactively to avoid issues later?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Old May 31, 2022, 1:51 am

Programs: LX Sen, EK Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Sirius Gold, BA Gold
I paid for an upgrade to C-Class 2 weeks ago and when the BP was issued it was in Economy. I claimed to KLM, wrote to their teams several times and they just took me around in circles.
Luckily I had used Paypal, so I just cancelled the payment and 24h later was credited back.

Originally Posted by samplat
Ive been trying to book multiple KLM award ticket for the past hour or so. Each time it either logged me out or returned me to the home page after I entered the credit card details and hit confirm payment. No booking code, ticket number or any such detail and no miles deducted.

Now Im looking at the AMEX app and it shows a bunch of pending charges from KLM for each failed booking attempt.

Two questions:
- anyone run into this before and anyway to work around this to confirm the reservations? I transferred Amex points so really do want to use them as I dont normally fly KLM (these attempted bookings are for within EU tickets)
- will these pending charges drop off automatically since no tickets have been issued or do I need to do anything proactively to avoid issues later?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Old May 31, 2022, 9:41 am

Programs: UA 1P 1MM, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by asimha
I paid for an upgrade to C-Class 2 weeks ago and when the BP was issued it was in Economy. I claimed to KLM, wrote to their teams several times and they just took me around in circles.
Luckily I had used Paypal, so I just cancelled the payment and 24h later was credited back.
Thanks, looks like Ill need to keep an eye out on Amex and if the charges convert from pending to actual, just dispute them.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 11:08 am

Programs: Aeroplan
With the transfer bonus from AMEX I'm looking at transferring points over to book a flight from SFO to Montego Bay.

The availability is wide open on Delta, but nothing comes up on Air France's site, and it keeps crashing and hanging after one search.

If I call and wait on hold, do you expect they generally have the Delta availability I see direct with Delta?
Old Jun 7, 2022, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by auorab
If I call and wait on hold, do you expect they generally have the Delta availability I see direct with Delta?
No. The availability for DL SM members is not the same as for FB or other partners. But no risk to call. Sometimes the agents see something different than what you see on the web.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 1:16 pm

I'm a bit confused with FB website and difference between award pricing there and award pricing over the phone.

I currently have a SFO-CDG-LHR flight that was priced out at ~165k miles for J, but there's a chance I will need to go to ARN instead of LHR, so I called to put an award on hold for that and the phone agent said it was 55k miles for J. When I asked her to look at my current flight to LHR that was 165k, she said that was in fact 55k miles as well, despite showing as 190k miles online...

I'm actually hoping to go to Europe sooner than my current booking, and I'm wondering if it's worth calling FB and asking them to check various dates that are showing as astronomically priced on their website (i.e. 380k miles one way in J).

Obviously this was a pleasant surprise, but any chance this was maybe a mistake?

Last edited by kthpence; Jun 11, 2022 at 1:25 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.