Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award booking issues on FB website

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2022, 10:13 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Can somebody report Flying Blue to the international website police and put management behind bars?
Truly that bad
Old Apr 3, 2022, 3:21 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, BA Silver, AC, AF/KL, AV, VS | Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Can somebody report Flying Blue to the international website police and put management behind bars?
Truly that bad
Truly!

I logged in this morning, searched for the flights again, saw they are still available (and still on promo sale), so I decided to chance it and purchase. I successfully transferred over the required number of points and tried to log in to my account again but the website timed out. I cleared my history for the day and tried again but got the same result. Fortunately, the app worked without issue and I'm ticketed. Such nonsense!
Old Apr 3, 2022, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by TEDisgone
Truly!

I logged in this morning, searched for the flights again, saw they are still available (and still on promo sale), so I decided to chance it and purchase. I successfully transferred over the required number of points and tried to log in to my account again but the website timed out. I cleared my history for the day and tried again but got the same result. Fortunately, the app worked without issue and I'm ticketed. Such nonsense!
Can you imagine paying KLM IT dept frontlines a salary?
Mind numbing they should lock them up too for ruining their number 1 cost efficient revenue chanel
Congrats on your booking against all odds.Miracles do happen
TEDisgone likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 9:43 pm

Programs: United, SPG, Hyatt
After transferring 330k points from Chase to book my family I was getting a dreaded error when loading the billing screen. Tried the app (good pointer) but get the error there too. US call center closed for the night, so I tried Australia (another good pointer) but the connection was garbage and I couldn't understand the representative. I'll try again tomorrow, but if this award is gone I will freak.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 8:01 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, BA Silver, AC, AF/KL, AV, VS | Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by julp
After transferring 330k points from Chase to book my family I was getting a dreaded error when loading the billing screen. Tried the app (good pointer) but get the error there too. US call center closed for the night, so I tried Australia (another good pointer) but the connection was garbage and I couldn't understand the representative. I'll try again tomorrow, but if this award is gone I will freak.
Please let us know the outcome! I really feared the worst when the website wouldn't even let me log in but was pleasantly surprised that the app worked.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 10:13 am

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
Just got a schedule change ORD-CDG now leaves at 5:45 pm arriving 8:45 am.
Our connecting flight to AMS is at 4:40 pm, I see a flight AF 1640 at 11:45 - why didn’t AF put us on that?
I tried to call, gave up after 45 minutes on hold, trip isn’t until Aug 2, can I do something on the AF site?
Booked award ticket in J
Old Apr 6, 2022, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by TEDisgone
Please let us know the outcome! I really feared the worst when the website wouldn't even let me log in but was pleasantly surprised that the app worked.
I was able to get through to the US call center the next morning (30 min hold) and a capable phone rep was able to put the booking through for me. All worked out in the end!
miles4CDG and TEDisgone like this.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 7:56 pm

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat
I guess I should have checked this thread before I tried to book an FB award ticket. But found what I was looking for, moved ultimate rewards over, and went to book only to get the "Sorry, something went wrong..." error. I was given a booking reference and told to call. So far, haven't been able to get through. But searching that same flight now, the price has doubled. Should I be worried that even when I get through to customer service, they won't be able to book at the original price?

Update: who am I supposed to talk to? The sorry message said to call 800-237-2747. I called and selected that I needed help booking. After 45 minutes someone answered only to tell me I need to contact flying blue at the same number. They transferred me and an hour later the call disconnected. I called back and, this time, selected flying blue... but there are only two options for flying blue: join or learn more about the program, neither of which seem appropriate.

Last edited by FederalFlyer; Apr 8, 2022 at 8:01 pm
Old Apr 10, 2022, 3:04 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by N104UA
Does anyone else run into the issue on the KLM/AF/FB websites where it only lets you search one award then it doesn't allow you to modify arrival or departure airports. For instance, if I search AMS-SFO even when clicking edit I can't change SFO to ORD, it just gives me the circle of death. The only solution is to clear cookies or go incognito, then keep relogging in to try each time.
Oh my gosh I thought I was going crazy. Glad to see this is a somewhat widespread issue. What a horrendous website, and I get this error whether I use the AF or KLM version.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by zeer0
Oh my gosh I thought I was going crazy. Glad to see this is a somewhat widespread issue. What a horrendous website, and I get this error whether I use the AF or KLM version.
Been that way for years
My guess is they can expire the points when their members end up unable to redeem
as they expire every few years or so unless
you fly on revenue or have their credit card
The ultimate FF scam with a guaranteed payout eventually
It’s one thing to have some IT issues but they hold the record now of anything over the past
few decades I’ve witnessed
I suppose it’s legal to hide behind the IT failures till they go bankrupt one day?
Old Apr 12, 2022, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Been that way for years
My guess is they can expire the points when their members end up unable to redeem
as they expire every few years or so unless
you fly on revenue or have their credit card
The ultimate FF scam with a guaranteed payout eventually
It’s one thing to have some IT issues but they hold the record now of anything over the past
few decades I’ve witnessed
I suppose it’s legal to hide behind the IT failures till they go bankrupt one day?
Your note reads like a Haiku.
But unfortunately their site still is poo poo.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 2:33 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum
Booked a once in a lifetime business class using Amex points converted into Flying Blue miles to take my dad golfing in Scotland. Was a simple, one stop itinerary from INV-AMS-MSP on the way home. KLM for some unknown reason split the reservation into two separate tickets, canceled the AMS-MSP and then put us both on some of the worst itineraries I've ever seen (INV-AMS-ORD-ATL-DTW-MSP). Spent hours on hold only to get hung up on by the support desk. There's a Delta AMS-MSP flight with plenty of seats available, but KLM is saying there is no award space. I even requested INV-AMS-ORD-MSP, but despite the many Delta ORD-MSP each day there is no award availability.

What are my best options? As expected, a one way intl cash ticket booked on Delta is exorbitantly priced, even for economy. A refund is annoying because I won't get the Amex points back, just Flying Blue miles. The flight isn't for a couple months, is there a way to find when award availability is changed? I don't think I can deplane in Chicago and book a one way to MSP because we are checking golf bags.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by GweiLoGopher
As expected, a one way intl cash ticket booked on Delta is exorbitantly priced, even for economy.
I don't have answers for your other questions, but RE: expensive one way tickets, the way around this is to book a cheaper roundtrip with the return leg far, far in the future. With the lax change rules you might be able to use the return flight for another trip in the future. And even if you don't have a use for the return flight, you can just let it go unused in order to save money on the first flight home.
Old May 1, 2022, 12:41 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum
I cut my losses and canceled the ticket after KLM changed me again to a literally impossible itinerary. My first flight landed at 13:30 while my second flight took off at 12:25 for a negative 1 hour layover. Wild how their system allows that to happen. I am most likely going to never be able to use the 130k Amex points I transferred over. Expensive lesson to learn I guess. Maybe I could donate the Flying Blue miles instead.
Old May 10, 2022, 9:56 am

At least you guys seem to be able to find the flights (most of the time)…

When I search via both KLM and AirFrance (desktop and mobile) the delta flights are filtered out, and so is the price w the lowest mileage cost (see screenshot where the price under the date shows 87k but the cheapest is 113k).

Is anyone experiencing something similar?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.