Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award booking issues on FB website

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2021, 9:46 am

Programs: AA EXP.
I just paid for two award business class flights using Flying Blue on an AF flight. The total in taxes online show up as $532 USD but my online email confirmation shoes $719. I tried calling KLM and they said the $719 is correct and dont know what im talking about. Even though if you go on the site itself and try to book a flight it shows the $532 USD price for the two tickets.
Old Jun 20, 2021, 10:21 am

Programs: AA Platinum 2.3MM (Lifetime PLT)
Originally Posted by nomiiiii
On airfrance.us trying to book a simple US oneway JFK - LAX with miles, why does it say "The departure or arrival city you have selected is not permitted. Please try another search"

Same for any other US domestic route.

What is going on?
The exact same thing happened to me last night. Does anyone have any ideas on what to do?
Old Jun 21, 2021, 11:30 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Question Delta Domestic awards through FB Do they reasonably exist?

I suppose I am new to Flying Blue (KLM side) compared to my decades with American and United
My questions for the experts here (those who use the program extensively) is why do I rarely ever see any Delta award inventory for domestic flights
except International markets on FB?

My perception is that Sky Team is a terribly poor alliance compared to Star A and One World.Hopefully I am missing something
I did see some rare seats on Delta Domestic flights during Covid but no more recently and when I did they were significantly more
Now I go to Deltas site and a one way award is 8000 miles in Sept yet not a single seat is being offered by FB @ any redemption amount.
This happened numerous times
Any information to understand this all better is greatly appreciated.
I don't imagine calling will help.I've had some scary experiences with agents that don't speak English including being hung up on once
Old Jul 10, 2021, 10:53 am

I was attempting to book an AF reward flight, but kept getting a "Sorry, something went wrong..." error page, after confirming my flight, personal, and payment information. Very frustrating. Tried multiple times, even changing the itinerary slightly. Also spent over an hour on hold with Flying Blue, only to have the line disconnected.

Finally, switched my region on the website (top right of page) from "United States - EN" to "Australia - EN" and went through the award booking flow again and had it ticket, no problem! Hope this helps.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 4:15 am

I'm seeing two different prices for a FB award ticket: 53k on mobile, 72k on desktop. Is this a known issue? If so, how should I go about this? I have to transfer some MR to FB to make the reservation, but before I do, I want to make sure that I will, in fact, be paying 53k.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 7:05 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Is there a 21 day advance purchase on FB tickets? Yesterday I could see flights for Monday 27th [didn't try earlier], today only Tuesday 28th. Can't get the websites [AF or KLM] to load today, so that're having to look through the apps.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by etiene
Is there a 21 day advance purchase on FB tickets? Yesterday I could see flights for Monday 27th [didn't try earlier], today only Tuesday 28th. Can't get the websites [AF or KLM] to load today, so that're having to look through the apps.
Nope, I often book tickets only few days in advance
etiene likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by Ditto
Nope, I often book tickets only few days in advance
Did think it was unlikely - I assume you do this online? Ticket is for my FIL US->NL, so will have him call in and see if there's any availability.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 7:57 am

Did think it was unlikely - I assume you do this online? Ticket is for my FIL US->NL, so will have him call in and see if there's any availability.
Yes almost always online via the website, unless it fails and then I call, but I always check availability first on the website and there is always something available, even if it's a very indirect route.
Depends on your route I guess, if it's something exotic that mixes some non-FB flights, might be that there is indeed no availability.
etiene likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by Ditto
Yes almost always online via the website, unless it fails and then I call, but I always check availability first on the website and there is always something available, even if it's a very indirect route.
Depends on your route I guess, if it's something exotic that mixes some non-FB flights, might be that there is indeed no availability.
Seems like it's the domestic DL legs that disappear three weeks out, the TATL KL leg is still available. Any chance of an agent working around that, or is it going to be positioning flights?

Route is LEX-AMS, no particular preference on where to connect though the best viable KL metal connection is ATL.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 8:39 am

Seems like it's the domestic DL legs that disappear three weeks out, the TATL KL leg is still available. Any chance of an agent working around that, or is it going to be positioning flights?

Route is LEX-AMS, no particular preference on where to connect though the best viable KL metal connection is ATL.
No clue about DL domestic flights, no harm in giving them a call I guess.
etiene likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 7:07 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, BA Silver, AC, AF/KL, AV, VS | Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by sfishyo
I was attempting to book an AF reward flight, but kept getting a "Sorry, something went wrong..." error page, after confirming my flight, personal, and payment information. Very frustrating. Tried multiple times, even changing the itinerary slightly. Also spent over an hour on hold with Flying Blue, only to have the line disconnected.

Finally, switched my region on the website (top right of page) from "United States - EN" to "Australia - EN" and went through the award booking flow again and had it ticket, no problem! Hope this helps.
I got the "Sorry..." message too and saw your post, switched my location, and got all the way through to confirming my details but then got the "Sorry" again. I tried on my phone as well and didn't get far. Then I used a VPN to say I was in AU and that got me to the same almost stage but then got the "Sorry" pop up there.

So I called and managed to speak to an agent within 5 minutes! I told them the website was acting up and that I had to call and the agent found the flights I wanted but then couldn't book it either so transferred me over to Flying Blue tech support (I think?). That person also couldn't ticket it but then asked me to hold while some magic was done and then snap - award ticket was ready for purchase.

And after all of that, I still don't understand why I was quoted four different surcharges.

1. Agent quoted me $268.XX

2. KLM website listed $265.90:

3. Air France website listed $246.80:

4. And FB support quoted me $241.20 (and mentioned that the fee for speaking to an agent was waived since I had difficulty booking it online)

It's only my second time booking an award with FB points so I wasn't aware if this sort of price discrepancy is common. At least it was the same amount of miles for all four!

Old Sep 9, 2021, 5:30 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
I'd expect that the smaller difference is due to currency exchange rate difference. Presumably, the fees and taxes would be quoted in EUR.

The difference between AF and KL website could be due to booking fee. It used to be, and maybe still is, that booking a KL flight through AF website was cheaper than through KL website as the booking fee was applied by KL but not AF.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 11:41 am

My guess would be that taxes are incorrectly calculated on the website which is also why you couldn't book it online.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 6:32 pm

Try the app. I find the app much better than the website for searching awards. Not sure what your routes are but I just saw several SEA-LAX flights available 3 weeks out as a random check.

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
I suppose I am new to Flying Blue (KLM side) compared to my decades with American and United
My questions for the experts here (those who use the program extensively) is why do I rarely ever see any Delta award inventory for domestic flights
except International markets on FB?

My perception is that Sky Team is a terribly poor alliance compared to Star A and One World.Hopefully I am missing something
I did see some rare seats on Delta Domestic flights during Covid but no more recently and when I did they were significantly more
Now I go to Deltas site and a one way award is 8000 miles in Sept yet not a single seat is being offered by FB @ any redemption amount.
This happened numerous times
Any information to understand this all better is greatly appreciated.
I don't imagine calling will help.I've had some scary experiences with agents that don't speak English including being hung up on once

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.