Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award booking issues on FB website

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2019, 10:04 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Plat
Originally Posted by Goldorak

By complimentary, do you mean op-up ? In theory yes, but do not dream. Likelihood is 0.00001% of chance.
Not op-up. As ST E+, one is eligible for complimentary upgrades to higher class of service on Delta (Economy Comfort on domestic and intl flights, and Economy Comfort & First on domestic). From my experience on paid tickets (Main Cabin), I am always upgraded to Eco Comfort (both domestic and intl), and in about 1/5 cases to First on a domestic flight. My question is whether Flying Blue award tickets are eligible for these complimentary upgrades.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by ok986
My question is whether Flying Blue award tickets are eligible for these complimentary upgrades.
Certainly not.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 4:25 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Diamond Club
I did not go through the entire thread, thus sorry if this was asked before.
Why is it not possible to book a DXB-CDG-JNB trip in P whereas clearly there are availabilities when making in two separate bookings (DXB-CDG and then CDG-JNB)?
Old Feb 17, 2019, 8:29 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Plat

Certainly not.
Just to confirm, they are not (although DL award tickets issued on DL stock in the same booking class are, for Gold & higher). And also, FB award tickets are not eligible for the same-day changes (eg standby for an earlier flight), as regular tickets would be.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by ok986
Just to confirm, they are not (although DL award tickets issued on DL stock in the same booking class are, for Gold & higher). And also, FB award tickets are not eligible for the same-day changes (eg standby for an earlier flight), as regular tickets would be.
On AF or KL, there is no such thing as same-day change/standby for an earlier flight whatever it is a revenue or an award ticket, unless for a revenue flight, it is booked in the highest fare buckets allowing to change for free.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 1:17 am

Originally Posted by flying_blue_white_red
I did not go through the entire thread, thus sorry if this was asked before.
Why is it not possible to book a DXB-CDG-JNB trip in P whereas clearly there are availabilities when making in two separate bookings (DXB-CDG and then CDG-JNB)?
Probably because DXB-CDG-JNB is very odd routing to get from DXB to JNB, if you try to book a Y/J ticket you get much shorter offers staying in MEA region.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by Ditto
Probably because DXB-CDG-JNB is very odd routing to get from DXB to JNB, if you try to book a Y/J ticket you get much shorter offers staying in MEA region.
Thanks for your answer, but then why the reverse route JNB-CDG-DXB is bookable in one ticket?
Old Feb 19, 2019, 12:48 am

Originally Posted by flying_blue_white_red
Thanks for your answer, but then why the reverse route JNB-CDG-DXB is bookable in one ticket?
I could never follow the logic of how AF/KL website choose which routes to display for award tickets, but mind you JNB-CDG-DXB is much shorter with "only" a 8hrs layover in CDG, while the reverse is ~17hrs.
Oddly I just had a look and got offered to fly DXB-AMS-CDG-JNB (in J) so the only thing I can think of is that the website may be filtering out the long connecting time, or it just have enough options which are shorter.

If you really want to fly DXB-CDG-JNB, you can try booking it over the phone
Old Feb 19, 2019, 4:59 am

Programs: TK Elite, FB Gold
Does anyone have any idea why RO flights are not bookable with FB Miles? Looking at a ow option from TBS to MUC and I only see flights with AF/KL (partly operated by A9) or with SU, but nothing with RO, even though they are serving the destination on the Sunday when I'm flying back.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by B0gdan
Does anyone have any idea why RO flights are not bookable with FB Miles? Looking at a ow option from TBS to MUC and I only see flights with AF/KL (partly operated by A9) or with SU, but nothing with RO, even though they are serving the destination on the Sunday when I'm flying back.
RO flights are definitely bookable, no idea about that specific route...
Old Feb 19, 2019, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I have seen RO offered when looking at a redemption to Istanbul, transiting OTP of course. The system also offered SU via SVO.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by Ditto
Oddly I just had a look and got offered to fly DXB-AMS-CDG-JNB (in J) so the only thing I can think of is that the website may be filtering out the long connecting time, or it just have enough options which are shorter.
So true, indeed for many early morning arrival, FB often suggests it with a CDG-AMS (or vv) segment which can sometimes be a waste of time.
What is the maximum connecting time allowed in CDG/AMS?14-15h? For sure with KQ you can get offered many routings with (single or multiple) nasty lay overs of 18h+...
If the price (in miles ) remains the same, i'll try to book over the phone later as it looks tempting to enjoy the P lounge and go for a stroll in Paris
Old Mar 7, 2019, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Trying to help a friend spend her FB miles. Award search logged in at airfrance.us as her shows the following availability:

ATL>CDG>MAD, all AF metal
MAD>ATL, DL metal
Economy for 63.5k miles + 133.42 USD

She has over 75k FB miles in her account.

Select the flights, click "Next" and get a technical error message: "Nous ne pouvons traiter votre demande en ligne actuellement à cause d'un problème technique. Veuillez reessayer plus tard."
Also get an error when trying to book through KLM website.

She has called KLM and they say the error is because she must book all on the same airline; cannot mix AF/DL on different legs. This sounds....incorrect.

Am I missing anything here or is this just a HUCA-until-it-works situation?
Also
Old Mar 7, 2019, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by gooselee
Am I missing anything here or is this just a HUCA-until-it-works situation?
Clearly HUCA. This is a quite frequent and annoying bug on their site.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card

Clearly HUCA. This is a quite frequent and annoying bug on their site.
Good to know. I was encouraging her to do that, but without status each call was taking her forever. One agent suggested she book as two one-ways, but then the DL ex-EU fees skyrocketed. Ended up booking a KL flight to return which went through fine on the website. Cost an extra 500 miles but at least now it's done!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.