Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award booking issues on FB website

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2018, 9:31 pm

Booked my first FB award ticket earlier today and wonder if there's anything I need to do to make sure the ticket does not get canceled.

FlyingBlue account created last fall, but no points earning activity in the account at all. Transferred 25k pts into the FB account from Citi this morning and called the customer service to book the ticket. The ticket was in another person's name, we paid taxes / fees using her card. I've read some stories about tickets being canceled as a security precaution, and would like to make sure it does not happen to me. Anything I need to do?
Old Apr 13, 2018, 5:37 am

Location: Austin, TX -- AA Life Platinum; QF Life Silver; UA Silver
Trying to book an intra-China award, CZ/MU connection. Shows up as 12.5k miles but it says I don't have enough miles when I click on it. If I try each segment individually it works. So married segment issue? DL is the same, can see individual segment but it won't show the connection.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 6:19 pm

Award Tickets Booking Error

Hi guys,
I am trying to book an award ticket for July. I have tried in both Air France and KLM websites, in both I get the message 'try again later'. I can only see award tickets within a week. Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?
Old Apr 30, 2018, 6:29 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, AAdvantage Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Mace03
Should I be able to find Delta award flights on Air France's website?

I tried both their website and KLM and find nothing. Do I have to call to book a Delta flight?
I'm encountering the same problem (it appears to me that it existed ever since they did the site re-design). Does anybody have a way to find Delta availability on the revamped Flying Blue site?
Old May 25, 2018, 11:09 am

I'm still encountering the same problems.... does anybody out there have a way to book Delta flights on the new site?
Old May 27, 2018, 1:19 am

Programs: ❶❷ ใจ ± ♪♪♪ 7ľł © ™
The around this date tick box seems to have gone in both Chrome and IE making it a long process doing it one day at a time. The calendar view of lowest miles and cost was useful, I hope it returns. Anyone else seeing the same?

orbitmic likes this.
Old May 28, 2018, 9:37 am

I can't even generate a search on Air France or KLM site. I get an "technical difficulty, try later" message. This has been going on for 2 days. I have already booked an award flight on the old site. Is anyone else having this problem?
Old May 28, 2018, 7:45 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Andy49
The around this date tick box seems to have gone in both Chrome and IE making it a long process doing it one day at a time. The calendar view of lowest miles and cost was useful, I hope it returns. Anyone else seeing the same?

Originally Posted by Bellacricket
I can't even generate a search on Air France or KLM site. I get an "technical difficulty, try later" message. This has been going on for 2 days. I have already booked an award flight on the old site. Is anyone else having this problem?
YES and YES. Both of these issues happening for days now! ...?
Old May 30, 2018, 9:09 am

Programs: Flying Blue
Six days and counting...
Old May 31, 2018, 4:57 am

Programs: FB Platinum
This is beyond a joke: I can login to AF and KLM sites just fine but the FB site returns...

Oops

Hmm, we don't recognise that accountPlease try again or join Flying Blue

Seriously, it's now 2 months since the stupid relaunch and every day there's something wrong.
Old May 31, 2018, 10:10 am

I've been fooling around for about a month, as both of the below issues have been around for some time. Here are what solutions I recommend based on my experience:

I can't even generate a search on Air France or KLM site. I get an "technical difficulty, try later" message. This has been going on for 2 days. I have already booked an award flight on the old site. Is anyone else having this problem?.
This issue exists when searching for a round trip. Search for one-way itineraries instead to find available flights. You can either book your trip as two one-ways, or if you prefer to book one round-trip reservation, call Flying Blue and they'll waive the phone-booking fee if you tell them it's due to the website not cooperating (this is time-consuming however; budget at least 30 minutes for booking each reservation).

Originally Posted by Andy49
Correct, you need to perform a separate search for availability on each individual day. Due to the above response, make sure they are one-way searches.
Old May 31, 2018, 11:25 am

If I search a one-way ticket in economy, I will find a flight. The "technical difficulty" arises due to the fact that there is no availability. By looking at PE, I get "no seats available" Business seats tell me there is the technical difficulty. So to summarize, you can only search on a day by day basis, one-way only and each class requires a separate search. Ouch!
Old Jun 4, 2018, 12:27 am

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
If I search a one-way ticket in economy, I will find a flight. The "technical difficulty" arises due to the fact that there is no availability. By looking at PE, I get "no seats available" Business seats tell me there is the technical difficulty. So to summarize, you can only search on a day by day basis, one-way only and each class requires a separate search. Ouch!
No more calendar view on awards? Is it gone now?
Old Jun 5, 2018, 3:49 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles, AF/KL Flying Blue
Originally Posted by yugi
Appears so.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by yugi
Yes they purposely removed it right before the swap to the new random pricing model.

Just guessing the reasoning for hiding the monthly pricing is so it doesn't expose the absolutely insane pricing craziness.

It's like they had someone from high school code their new reward system,. Super glad I didn't transfer any more points to this airline for business class to Europe and at least for now- this reward program is dead to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.