Award booking issues on FB website

Old Feb 22, 2016, 4:53 pm

Damnit. I just saw the same flight on Delta for a lower tax. Oh well.. Could have saved $100.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 11:35 pm

I've been playing with the AF award booking site, and came across another strange artefact -- discrepancy between award pricing on the "Select Flight" and "Trip Overview" screens. Example: for the EVN-TLV trip, there are 2-segment itins on AF via CDG priced at 16750 miles on both screens. But for the 2-segment itins on SU via SVO, the price jumps from 14,500 miles on the selection screen to double (29,000 miles) on the Overview. 3-segment itins on SU are consistent at 29,000 miles. And if for some inexplicable reason I'd want to make this award trip on AZ, it would be cheaper to fly in business than in coach!
Old Mar 26, 2016, 2:27 pm

Programs: FB Gold
Booking two seats from two accounts in one shot?

I've finally found some Promo-Awards which actually fit my travel plans but now there's a question:

How can I book 2 seats from two different accounts in one shot?

I'm a bit worried that if I book one of the two available seats from my account, the other one will simply vanish before I get the chance to book that from my wife's account.

Can I call? If so, will FB waive the booking-fee?

Thanks for your help!
Old Mar 26, 2016, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by KL803
Can I call?
Of course, why couldn't you ? And that's probably the only way to do it.

If so, will FB waive the booking-fee?
I don't think so. You are just doing something to reassure you but nothing is blocking you to book the 2 tickets on-line.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 2:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Can I call? If so, will FB waive the booking-fee?
Promo Awards may only be booked online. They may not be booked over the phone, except when they accept that there is an error with the booking tool.

Old Mar 31, 2016, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Promo Awards may only be booked online.
Of course. My mistake ! I read too quickly and missed the "promo" word in OP's question !
Old Apr 2, 2016, 5:21 am

Programs: KL Plat; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Gold; SU Gold
SGN-PVG is 50,000 miles for a classic award in J on a flight selection page, but always turns to 87,500 miles at flight review page. Weird. This is for KE only though that has lowest YQ, for other carriers i seem to be able to 50,000.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 6:52 am

Programs: FB Gold
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Of course. My mistake ! I read too quickly and missed the "promo" word in OP's question !
Yea, thanks wasn't aware of that Anyway, in the end I didn't pull the trigger.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 8:27 am

Has anyone run into problems with booking award travel and paying the taxes and fees with a credit card whose name does not match the Flying Blue account member? We will use a family member's miles to book a flight for November before the miles expire in June. Should we play it safe and have the account holder purchase the flights with his Credit Card? Or can we use we ours?
Old Apr 8, 2016, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
The member whose miles are being used is the person who should pay.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 3:09 pm

Showing as "Mr." instead of "Ms./Mrs." ?

I have recently tried to book award tickets for me and the +1, and encountered a weird issue where no matter what I choose in the Title/Gender it will always come up as Mr. on the next screen, I've tried different combinations:
1. Booking from my account, adding her from the "travel companion" list
1. Booking from my account, adding her manually
3. Booking from her account, where her profile is showing the correct title.

Never had this issue before with the old style website they had (last booking in Nov last year), trying to book via phone the agents acknowledge they have some problem in the system and cannot fix it, one must either book via phone or book online and fix it later via phone/social media

Also no issues with booking paid tickets via KL website.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 6:59 am

Programs: FB Platinum PA; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Ditto
I have recently tried to book award tickets for me and the +1, and encountered a weird issue where no matter what I choose in the Title/Gender it will always come up as Mr. on the next screen, I've tried different combinations:
1. Booking from my account, adding her from the "travel companion" list
1. Booking from my account, adding her manually
3. Booking from her account, where her profile is showing the correct title.

Never had this issue before with the old style website they had (last booking in Nov last year), trying to book via phone the agents acknowledge they have some problem in the system and cannot fix it, one must either book via phone or book online and fix it later via phone/social media

Also no issues with booking paid tickets via KL website.
I had the same problem last week. At first I thought I had made a mistake. After a phone call it was fixed.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 4:09 pm

Trying to book a multi-city FB award ticket (DTW-FCO, MUC-DTW, both on Delta metal) and it looks like the engine restricts the second leg to select countries based on the first one. Any way around that apart from two separate one-ways? (don't want to do that because of taxes)
Old Apr 18, 2016, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by highlanderfil
Trying to book a multi-city FB award ticket (DTW-FCO, MUC-DTW, both on Delta metal) and it looks like the engine restricts the second leg to select countries based on the first one. Any way around that apart from two separate one-ways? (don't want to do that because of taxes)
I never understood the point of the multi-destination tool in award booking, it has far too many limitations to be called a 'multi-destination'.
It doesn't limit by country, not sure what is it limited by though.

You can always try and give them a call, but why do you think tax would be any lower?
Old Apr 20, 2016, 10:49 pm

Booking R/T flight using Amex MR points

I want to book a R/T flight for my spouse using Amex MR points, but am worried about:

1) "Phantom award" space on Air France
2) Having my ticket cancelled for some reason

I have read both of these things happen. How much truth is there to this?

Right now I have the points and Air France says there is availability. What can I do to make sure it works? How long does it take for points to transfer?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.