Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award booking issues on FB website

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2005, 4:39 am

Thumbs down

I was looking for r/t ams-nyc in business in July 2006 could only find open-miles awards !! After carefully (BUT TIME CONSUMING) searching for one way awards in each direction I fond some dates. After selecting the r/t button on the selected dates the site only gave me the open miles option...absolutely scandalous...I mean why, why, why....ok so I can book two one ways but doesn't that cost more? I mean with the extra costs etc....?
Old Nov 1, 2005, 4:57 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Evert
Hiya, I'm looking for AMS-SFO for SEP2006, if available C as well. I'm wonder how much tax did you pay for each ticket?
There is avalaibility but I'm still don't know how much the tax etc. will be.
Just go through the entire award booking process, pretend to book the flights and it will come up with the tax before you have to enter your cc details. Don't continue and you will be fine (and will not have booked the flights).
Old Nov 1, 2005, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Evert
Hiya, I'm looking for AMS-SFO for SEP2006, if available C as well. I'm wonder how much tax did you pay for each ticket?
There is avalaibility but I'm still don't know how much the tax etc. will be.
It was 189 EUR per Ticket with a connection in CDG outbound and in AMS inbound. I guess for AMS-SFO it would be around 120 EUR, but the booking engine will display it before you purchase the ticket.
Old Nov 1, 2005, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Escape
I was looking for r/t ams-nyc in business in July 2006 could only find open-miles awards !! After carefully (BUT TIME CONSUMING) searching for one way awards in each direction I fond some dates. After selecting the r/t button on the selected dates the site only gave me the open miles option...absolutely scandalous...I mean why, why, why....ok so I can book two one ways but doesn't that cost more? I mean with the extra costs etc....?
I had the same issue, 2x one way showed availability and r/t did not. The taxes for 2 x one way were significantly higher than 1 x r/t. I finally managed to book something. The call center should be able to fix this problem. The other problem is booking 2 tickets, it will show you availability even if there is only one seat; and then later on, when you try to select the flight, it will not let you do the booking.
Old Nov 2, 2005, 8:20 pm

Programs: DL PLAT / HH GOLD
There is something REALLY, REALLY wrong here, was trying to book 3 r/t tickets NAP to JFK , and this are the charges the award engine shows":
92 EUR + 206.22 EUR x 2 Adults = 596.44 EUR
92 EUR + 206.22 EUR x 1 Child = 298.22 EUR
Total : 894.66 EUR
There is no way the taxes are coorect...........see the total !!!!
Old Nov 2, 2005, 10:07 pm

Programs: , AA Plat 2MM, FB Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MileSmiles
There is something REALLY, REALLY wrong here, was trying to book 3 r/t tickets NAP to JFK , and this are the charges the award engine shows":
92 EUR + 206.22 EUR x 2 Adults = 596.44 EUR
92 EUR + 206.22 EUR x 1 Child = 298.22 EUR
Total : 894.66 EUR
There is no way the taxes are coorect...........see the total !!!!
This looks about right if it was on AF, since they add huge non-tax fuel surcharges to award tickets : this should be illegal since the possibility of non-tax surcharges of this kind on awards were not disclosed to us when we earned the miles.

One possible work around for now is ask for an award on KLM, which doesn't charge such fuel surcharges.
Old Nov 3, 2005, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ananthar
This looks about right if it was on AF, since they add huge non-tax fuel surcharges to award tickets : this should be illegal since the possibility of non-tax surcharges of this kind on awards were not disclosed to us when we earned the miles.

One possible work around for now is ask for an award on KLM, which doesn't charge such fuel surcharges.

I just did this, only a couple of EUR cheaper, still pathetic.
Old Nov 3, 2005, 1:10 pm

Programs: Air France Platinum - Qatar Airways Gold
Originally Posted by ananthar
This looks about right if it was on AF, since they add huge non-tax fuel surcharges to award tickets.
There might be some differences: it seems to depend on the route. For a MAD-CDG-MEX, taxes for the award ticket amount to 35 € more than for a paid ticket. The difference comes down to almost nothing on the FRA-CDG-SIN route:
  • FRA-CDG-SIN 4 Jan. / 10 Jan., award ticket. Tax: 190.81 €
  • FRA-CDG-SIN same flights, paid ticket. Tax: 175.81 €+15 € (service fee) = 191.81 €
Old Nov 4, 2005, 2:19 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Award booking error!

Old Nov 4, 2005, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by misbeehavin

that's a good one
Old Nov 6, 2005, 2:56 am

Programs: klm, *alliance
Spent half a sunday booking

My husband and I want to go to BKK during Christmas. He has a better level on his card, so I booked on him first: OSL/BKK t/r, The trip should cost him 80000 points, unfortunately he did not have as much as 16000 in total, so I thought I could book my ticket on my account (103000 points).
I ordered his ticket from his account, all confirmed, paid the taxes and printed out the confirmation.
Trying to order my ticket from my account, I got the message that I did not have enough points, the same trip would cost me 160000 ponts.

Then I opened the mailbox where it was one confirmation on my husbands ticket in French and English from Air France, a new confirmation mail in English from Amadeus.net, and a third mail from Amadeus.net telling that his booking was cancelled. What is going on? What should I do?
Old Nov 6, 2005, 3:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by synne
What is going on? What should I do?
no idea, what is going on. call them !!! (and write to FlyingBlue about this!!!)
Old Nov 6, 2005, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by synne
My husband and I want to go to BKK during Christmas. He has a better level on his card, so I booked on him first: OSL/BKK t/r, The trip should cost him 80000 points, unfortunately he did not have as much as 16000 in total, so I thought I could book my ticket on my account (103000 points).
I ordered his ticket from his account, all confirmed, paid the taxes and printed out the confirmation.
Trying to order my ticket from my account, I got the message that I did not have enough points, the same trip would cost me 160000 ponts.

Then I opened the mailbox where it was one confirmation on my husbands ticket in French and English from Air France, a new confirmation mail in English from Amadeus.net, and a third mail from Amadeus.net telling that his booking was cancelled. What is going on? What should I do?
It can well be possible that you can book on an Elite account but you cannot book on an Ivory one. I have seen this many times. The cancellation is strange, I would call FB to see what the hell is going on.
Old Nov 27, 2005, 10:16 am

Programs: Flying Blue GE, Spanair Gold, BMI Gold, Iberia
Just tried to book AMS-NAP

All weekends end of March 2006 and early April 2006 only availability for open-miles ticket: 50.000 miles in ECO.

Will have to take a Transavia flight, and keep the miles more another disappointing experience
Old Nov 27, 2005, 11:33 am

Programs: Air France Platinum - Qatar Airways Gold
Both segments (AMS-CDG and CDG-NAP) are available separately at Skyteam rate (20,000 for AMS-CDG and 25,000 for CDG-NAP, 24 to 26 March 2006). It might be worth giving FB a call next week to see if they can price the combined award at official 'Europe 1 to Europe 2' rate (25K).

Be ready to pay huge taxes (more than 130€. KLM prices this route with 160€ in taxes and reservation fees... )

On a side note, the 12:40 inbound flight from NAP will definitely shorten the weekend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.