Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrity spotting

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2018, 8:01 pm

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by Goldorak
No doubts who are the real VIPs for AF and for them there are always agents available !
+1

I have said it a zillion times on this board: AF knows perfectly how to deal with their VIP from the moment they arrive at the departure airport to the moment they leave the arrival one. And the staff is extremely diligent when it comes to execute the instructions. It is just a matter of who they decide is a VIP.

And the service really is impressive: forget about all Ultimate or Club 2000 perks. I have experienced it some years ago flying with one of these (not politics).

What you saw happens everyday at CDG.

Last edited by bodory; Nov 16, 2018 at 2:04 am
Old Jan 2, 2019, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
I spotted Armin van Buuren checking in at the Skypriority zone at AMS last Saturday.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 3:27 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Jeroen Dijsselbloem was seated one row in front of me today for AMS-ATH. On the Aegean flight though.

Last edited by Xandrios; Feb 28, 2019 at 3:38 pm
Old Feb 28, 2019, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by Xandrios
Jeroen Dijsselbloem was seated one row in front of me today for AMS-ATH. On the Aegean flight though.
I doubt whether he received a warm welcome there..
glennhaak likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 1:43 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
While some Greeks may not like him much indeed, that opinion is for sure not shared by everyone. Though he didn't get much of a special treatment upon arrival either; took the bus from the remote stand to the terminal together with the other business class pax like myself. Then just walked off to the exit..
Old Mar 29, 2019, 1:30 am

I would probably not recognize most of the 'celebrities' listed in this thread
The only ones I was able to spot were several french politicians (Alain Juppé, Bertrand Delanoë, Jean Lassalle), an actor (Vincent Cassel) and a model (Dita Von Teese).
I probably spotted many more celebrities in hotels / restaurants, but it was only because I was told, otherwise I am focused on my plate and it's very hard to recognize people Last one was probably Anthony Hopkins at Hotel Bel Air for breakfast last month. Over the years I can think of Mylène Farmer (three times), Catherine Deneuve (twice), sharing a lift with Peneloppe Cruz, Janet Jackson at Park Hyatt Vendôme, Jacques Chirac at Ritz Paris and Hotel du Palais in Biarritz, etc.
fifty_two likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Marie-Anne Chazel today (sat 20/03) at Sky Priority check-in, in ORY1 zone B (ex-ORY West, Hall 2).
Old Apr 21, 2019, 7:58 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
Disclaimer: not a recent sighting!

I took the concorde with... Georges Marchais, probably around 1994/5.

I didn't see much of him during the flight. He was at the back being a heavy smoker.

I was quite young then (travelling with mum!) but not enough to not ironically think to myself that it was very strange the leader of the french communist party would:
-go to the USA
-do it in the most bourgeois class of travel
Old Apr 22, 2019, 9:52 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Maestro Ramen
I took the concorde with...
I am jealous on this part.
Old May 2, 2019, 6:09 am

Programs: FB Plat./BA Gold (thanks BD)/A3 *Gold/HH Diamond/A Club Gold
Nicole Belloubet (French Minister of Justice) was on AF972 yesterday ORY-PTP. She was in Business with her staff spread between business and Premium Economy (where they might have noticed Mrs Fr).

Seems a strange choice for the Justice Minister to be leaving Paris for the Caribbean on the 1st of May given everything that is going on....
fifty_two likes this.
Old May 3, 2019, 3:56 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Dirk Kuyt in BCN (y) as he is coming from the clash too
Old May 6, 2019, 6:54 pm

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by jsfr
She was in Business with her staff spread between business and Premium Economy
Usual procedure. And upon arrival the préfet and all the folks are normally on the tarmac to wait for the party to come.

Side note: would be cheaper and more comfortable to fly TX.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
CEO Ben Smith in the CDG La Première Lounge this morning, taping a 100th anniversary message. Didn't realize who he was until he started speaking... Québecois, just like me. LOL. After, he walked around the Lounge and introduced himself to each pax and thanked us individually for flying AF. Seems like a nice guy.

Last edited by SFO777; Jul 5, 2019 at 11:42 am
Old Jul 7, 2019, 3:50 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Semi-related, but were you flying out of SFO on La Première on Jul 3, SFO777? I thought I perhaps saw you at the checkin desk...
Old Jul 7, 2019, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by caliform
Semi-related, but were you flying out of SFO on La Première on Jul 3, SFO777? I thought I perhaps saw you at the checkin desk...
Not me. I flew CDG-SFO on the 4th at the end of a crazy RTW that started with LAX-HND.
fifty_two likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.