Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrity spotting

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2005, 1:55 am

Jean Paul Gaultier

After fashion week in NYC, at the luggage belt after a JFK-CDG flight. Had a huge amount of luggage. That was maybe 2-3 years ago.
Old Jul 20, 2005, 2:22 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Krisflyer Gold, Die-hard Saint's fan !
During my domestic route onboard AF, I just cant remember how often I traveled next to a politician... I saw them all ! Even JM Le Pen who sat in 1A with one of his collaborator in 1B, seats 1C, 2A and 2C were occupied by unfriendly bodygards.... That caused a very strange atmosphere during all flight...
At CDG lounge, I met Metallica frontman J.Hetfield with his wife and lil' baby
Last year, I traveled from beijing to CDG in first with JM Jarre, a french musician...

Unfortunately, never met Zidane yet
Old Jul 20, 2005, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Years ago when the Spice Girls were just starting, I sat across from one of them on a KL LAX-AMS flight upstairs.

I think it was an AF Regional flight (or maybe LH regional) around 1999 NCE-MUC as the Monte Carlo tennis tournament was wrapping up and the Munich Open was about to start. Sampras was playing someone in the finals that day. On our flight were the losers, Agassi, his coach, Krajicek and a few others I can't remember. At NCE check in, Agassi threatened some guy who stuck a camera in his face. That's when I noticed him. I was sitting across from Krajicek and a row behing Agassi and his coach. Krajicek was zoned out with his walkman and with the RJ noise I couldn't heard what Agassi and his coach were talking about. Upon arrival they had to wait for their bags just like the rest of us. Only their bags contained lots of tennis racquets.

Other than that, I can't recall anyone famous on AF/KL flights. But then I don't know French or Dutch celebrities very well.
Old Jul 20, 2005, 5:24 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
[QUOTE=Even JM Le Pen who sat in 1A with one of his collaborator in 1B, seats 1C, 2A and 2C were occupied by unfriendly bodygards.... That caused a very strange atmosphere during all flight...[/QUOTE]

How horrible! I hope you turned a deaf ear to what he was saying. I can imagine: revisionism, nationalism and racism.
Old Jul 20, 2005, 5:37 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Krisflyer Gold, Die-hard Saint's fan !
Originally Posted by Colkurt
How horrible! I hope you turned a deaf ear to what he was saying. I can imagine: revisionism, nationalism and racism.
You imagine well... To be honnest, I couldnt hear though I was in 1F !
But the disturbed face of the FA said it all...
Oh, I remember now we could not disembarq before him and his bodygards. Really strange. But I just ignored them all flight long.
Old Jul 20, 2005, 5:45 am

Nice, France airport August 2001, Rod Stewart and blonde girlfriend. I wouldn't have noticed him had it not been for someone waiting for luggage shouting at the airport "Yo, Rod, D'Ya think I'm sexy?" Rod was passing the customs line and just smiled back.
Old Jul 20, 2005, 6:24 am

Programs: KLM Flying Dutchman forever, bmi Diamond Club (is there a theme here?), LH, BA, EK, DL nobody
not your usual celebrity

I flew AF from SVO the day the hurricane hit Paris (Christmas Eve 1999?) with Alexei Leonov, the first man to walk in space
Old Jul 20, 2005, 6:33 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
I sat next to Ruub Lubbers (ex Dutch PM & NATO..)
Also I saw the dutch Princess Christina in the Rembrandt Lounge in JFK, later boarding the same flight as me
Old Jul 20, 2005, 6:50 am
In Memoriam

Programs: I used to be Plat, but now I'm not. Now I'm just Gold. Lucky if I keep that.
I ran into Marcel Dessailly about 3 years ago on a late Sunday night flight from LHR to CDG. As soon as he got off the plane, he pulled out his mobile and started calling people as to be left alone as he waited for his bags.

Personally, I thought he was a c***; he held up the flight for 20 minutes because he insisted on bringing a bag for someone else on board and the AF staff were having none of it.

More recently, I met Arsene Wenger in the 2F lounge. Very nice guy, we share a dislike for Chelsea it seems He got a call from his missus who was on his case about not giving her his flight details.

Re: J.-M. Jarre, I used to live in a little bourg west of Paris where he lived (along with Charlotte Rampling). I didn't see Jarre too often (usually at the Total station filling up his car), but Charlotte Rampling could be seen on almost any given day going about her business.
Old Jul 20, 2005, 7:22 am

Programs: Amex Centurion - BA Silver - IHG Diamond Elite - HHonors Diamond - M&M
Originally Posted by dctorres
I ran into Marcel Dessailly about 3 years ago on a late Sunday night....
Ouch, that's gotta hurt.
Old Jul 20, 2005, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF FB Platinum For Life (F+ Rouge Vintage®) / Hertz President's Circle / SNCF Grand Voyageur Le Club
Carlos Gohn and three of his children recently (CDG-GIG) - he is considered a celebrity in Japan, after all!
Old Jul 20, 2005, 7:48 am

Programs: QF Silver (OW Ruby)
More recently, I met Arsene Wenger in the 2F lounge. Very nice guy, we share a dislike for Chelsea it seems He got a call from his missus who was on his case about not giving her his flight details.
Money wins titles.
Old Jul 20, 2005, 1:45 pm

Programs: Air France Platinum - Qatar Airways Gold
Originally Posted by dctorres
I ran into Marcel Dessailly about 3 years ago on a late Sunday night flight from LHR to CDG. As soon as he got off the plane, he pulled out his mobile and started calling people as to be left alone as he waited for his bags.
Just like in the ads he was doing for SFR at that time.

I met Jean-François Mattei, former Health Minister, a few years ago, between ORY and NCE (or was it TLS?). That was before the scorching heat wave France faced 2 years ago, killing hundreds of elderly people and forcing him to resign. He was not yet a celebrity...
Old Jul 20, 2005, 2:44 pm

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, Hilton Diamond VIP, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by psollitt
oh and on a recent kl flight from AMS to LBA I was sat next to the 70's band Smokie .... oh hang on ... I Work for them !!!
Hey! I was there too! Which means my celebrity spotting would be psollitt. Not that I know how he looks like.
Old Jul 20, 2005, 2:56 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Yves St. Laurent
M. Rostropovich
Johnny Depp and family
Marlon Brando (bound for Tahiti)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.