Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

fast track to Silver/Gold/Platium ended june 30 who's got their new status?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

fast track to Silver/Gold/Platium ended june 30 who's got their new status?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2005, 12:10 pm

Programs: FB Gold, Accor Platinum.
e-mail at Last !!

Re my post 2 days ago:

As with other people I was happy to finally receive an e-mail confirming my (pending) "fast upgrade" back to Gold level yesterday.
Old Aug 17, 2005, 7:13 am

Programs: LH Silver, AA Gold (former FB Plat, UA Gold)
Smile Web site shows new status

Also got the email announcing successful completion of the Fast Track upgrade programme (Silver => Gold), and still waiting for the new card to arrive-- but at least as of today, the KLM website displays the new status level after logging in...

(interestingly, the web site says the new status was valid from the 1st of August. I wonder how many FF's missed out on their new benefits for the first two weeks of August because of the delay in activating the new level?)

Last edited by flyert; Aug 17, 2005 at 7:18 am
Old Aug 17, 2005, 7:31 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
I didn't pass the upgrade threshold for Gold to Platinum because the prices of KL/AF/NW/CO tickets in June were so high it worked out cheaper to take two or three transatlantic trips in Nov/Dec and actually earn Gold manually. Since the Platinum upgrade only runs the the end of the year (followed by a drop down to Gold), the end result is the same...and I have more miles.
Old Aug 17, 2005, 8:02 pm

Programs: DL PLAT / HH GOLD
As of today the website is updated with the new status, it also shows effective Aug 1st..... When, the card will actually arrive is a different story
Old Sep 2, 2005, 6:26 am
CWK

Programs: KLM PE/BMI Gold/Hilton Gold
Anyone received his new card?

This is unbelievable, how messed up the situation is. Fast track ended 30th June, status reviewed somewhere in July.......we're already in September and still no new card.

Hey KLM, you know what, keep the card. It will save me some space in my wallet for the coming 3 months.
Old Sep 2, 2005, 9:02 am

Programs: QF, SQ
Originally Posted by CWK
Anyone received his new card?

This is unbelievable, how messed up the situation is. Fast track ended 30th June, status reviewed somewhere in July.......we're already in September and still no new card.

Hey KLM, you know what, keep the card. It will save me some space in my wallet for the coming 3 months.
I agree - they can keep their cards - see my post about my 2nd FB Gold Card. I also registered with them for this but was told I had flown enough miles anyway for the upgrade (from Gold to Gold?). I now have 2 FBlue Gold cards and frankly have put both in the bin.
Old Sep 10, 2005, 1:40 pm

A month since we had those emails... I take it we're all still waiting for those elusive new cards?

Wonder which side of Christmas they will finally arrive...
Old Sep 10, 2005, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott and British Airways
all my flights from aug 1 hasen't got a silver bonus, i write a letter to the Fd helpdesk.

exp: flight from LAX to Ams, i have only received the standard points and no bonus, the flight was on aug 12!!!! ( i have a silver status from aug 1)

The helpdesk is a mess.

Pascal
Old Sep 11, 2005, 5:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: FB, UA, TG, SU
Angry

I got yet another Silver membership card the day before yesterday, instead of promised Gold one. FB, you are full of s _ _ _!.

Originally Posted by Aviatrix
A month since we had those emails... I take it we're all still waiting for those elusive new cards?

Old Sep 14, 2005, 6:11 am

Programs: FB Gold, Accor Platinum.
Originally Posted by Aviatrix

Still not got my gold card, despite being "fast Track" upgraded. My online status changed a month ago and in five days I will have earned the Gold level anyway!!

This lot couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery.
Old Sep 23, 2005, 7:59 am
CWK

Programs: KLM PE/BMI Gold/Hilton Gold
Received my plat card today.

I was quite amazed that this one was valid till 03/2007!

Thanks for this unexpected "present".
Old Sep 23, 2005, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm not sure you should take that at face value.

Johan
Old Sep 23, 2005, 10:20 am

Programs: FB, HH, EB & Choice
Originally Posted by johan rebel

Johan
Someone, in some other thread, noted that we will probably get new cards in 2006 based on the current year's flights, and unless you are Gold or better by then, better not present the card you got now at the AMS lounges because the dragons there have direct access to the database, and -whoops-

Jerene
(prolly won't make Gold again this year, but there's always Menzies)
Old Sep 23, 2005, 10:31 am

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by johan rebel

Johan
In the old FP rules, when you reached status in year N, it was valid thru March of N+2.

I believe it is still the case under FB rules.
Old Sep 23, 2005, 11:18 am

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, Hilton Diamond VIP, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by bodory
In the old FP rules, when you reached status in year N, it was valid thru March of N+2.

I believe it is still the case under FB rules.
Which, for ordinary qualification, makes sense. You qualify in year N with X flights. Now in addition to qualify for year N you have reached the re-qualify treshold for year N+1. And naturally the card is valid through 03/N+2.

If you qualify with Y flights in year N, Y < X, then you have not theoretically reached the re-qualification treshold of year N+1, and possibly the card is valid through 03/N+1 only.

Ok ok... I am a mathematician...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.