Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

fast track to Silver/Gold/Platium ended june 30 who's got their new status?

fast track to Silver/Gold/Platium ended june 30 who's got their new status?

Old Aug 1, 2005, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Obviously there's a problem with my local postal service, given the new card hasn't turned up. Oh well, i'm sure it will be with me tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest

(don't worry, i'll keep taking the tablets)
Old Aug 5, 2005, 6:14 am

Programs: DL PLAT / HH GOLD
Aug 5th no updated status yet, did the required 20 boardings/25K Miles back in May......................
Old Aug 5, 2005, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MileSmiles
Aug 5th no updated status yet, did the required 20 boardings/25K Miles back in May......................
I flew mine back in March/April... Why oh why do I suspect that this will be one of those stories where you can't even complain properly as the offer was set up by FD which is now defunct and FB won't want to know.

"But they promised me fast track to Gold"

"That is not possible, sir!"
Old Aug 5, 2005, 7:53 am
Suspended

Programs: FB, UA, TG, SU
Unhappy

I guess the good old FD service is dead, now.
I have also fulfilled fast-track gold requirement already.
I called FB help desk to ask for my card.
A nice lady in a beautiful french accent said,"Sir, it will be sent to you in two weeks." Eight weeks have passed already.
Alas, it is the age of diminishing expectations.

Originally Posted by Swiss Tony
I flew mine back in March/April... Why oh why do I suspect that this will be one of those stories where you can't even complain properly as the offer was set up by FD which is now defunct and FB won't want to know.

"But they promised me fast track to Gold"

"That is not possible, sir!"
Old Aug 5, 2005, 8:37 am

Programs: LH, BA, AA
Here the email I got from FD back in April:

Thank you for registering for our Personal Fast Upgrade promotion.

As you may have heard, KLM and Air France are launching a new joint frequent flyer programme in June, called Flying Blue. This new programme will replace the Flying Dutchman programme and will provide you with many exciting benefits. You will automatically become a Flying Blue member and will receive a membership card at your current service level soon.

Please be informed that if you qualify for a higher membership level via the Personal Fast Upgrade promotion you will automatically receive your new Flying Blue Silver, Gold or Platinum card around the beginning of August.

We look forward to seeing you on board again soon!

It depends on how you define beginning of August ... or it could be August next year!
Old Aug 5, 2005, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Given i've now booked some domestic NW sectors in F for October, i'm expecting to have that Gold card before then. It would make an interesting claim if they didn't now pony up the card, but does anyone know if such a deal is governed by UK, NL, F courts or what?
Old Aug 6, 2005, 7:54 pm

Received via email this week.

Sir,

An email was sent on Monday 11 April 2005 to all members who registered for the Personal Fast Upgrade promotion to confirm that the new level would be activated in Flying Blue and that they should receive the card in the beginning of August. We can confirm that you have met the criteria of the promotion for Gold members to return to Platinum status. As your account has not updated automatically we ask that you send a copy of the confirmation email you received in April as this will show that you had sucessfully entered the promotion. Our contact details are as follows:

Flying Blue
F-94852 Ivry-Sur-Seine cedex
France

Please attach an explanation with your document and always quote your membership number. Please consult the web sites www.airfrance.com or www.klm.com for complete information and conditions regarding our programme and your account.

We thank you for your loyalty.

Yours Sincerely
Your Flying Blue team
Old Aug 7, 2005, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So they won't even let you send the e-mail back to them electronically!!!

This is absolutely amazing.....
Old Aug 8, 2005, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by B747-437B
Received via email this week.
I received the April email, would like to send an e-mail to Cristina Zanchi
Director Customer Relationship Management, anybody knows her e-mail address?
Old Aug 8, 2005, 8:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: FB, UA, TG, SU
Is she still active?
Have never heard from her since the inception of FB.

Old Aug 9, 2005, 3:01 am

Programs: FB Gold, Accor Platinum.
Unhappy Got the No Fast Track Blues

I registered for the fast track upgrade but never received any e-mails at all.

I pointed this out through the KLM FD website in March, and received the reply that this was OK as long as I had followed the instructions on screen.

Having accumulated the required extra miles I expected to be upgraded at the start of August as promised, however my online profile is still silver.

I have sent two messages from the KLM site, the first over a week ago, but have had no reply to either.

Yesterday I phoned Flying Blue in Paris (from Bangkok)and was assured by some nameless gentleman that I will be upgraded at the END of August, I do not trust what he said, I am certain he did not know.

If this offer had not been made, I would be a happy flyer, expecting to be at Gold again by October. I am so unhappy at the way this has been handled that I am tempted to switch my custom to an alternate airline.

KLM do not gain from this fiasco, they will just lose loyal customers.
Old Aug 9, 2005, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by inhiyu66
Is she still active?
Have never heard from her since the inception of FB.
Yes, she's still around. I received an email back in July (of course about nothing.........) and at the bottom was from
Cristina Zanchi
KLM Director Customer
Relationship Management

and from
Frédéric Babu
AIR FRANCE Director Customer
Relationship Management
Old Aug 10, 2005, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Got an e-mail confirmation today regarding the promotion, telling me i'd been successful. Obviously still going to take some time to get the card, but it does seem to have worked (with a series of MH flights to boot...)
Old Aug 10, 2005, 10:37 am

Same here. I received the following email today:

Your Personal Fast Upgrade

Dear MFUALHSTAR

Earlier this year you registered for the Personal Fast Upgrade promotion, which gave you the chance to upgrade your Flying Blue level more quickly. This promotion ended on 30 June 2005 and we now have evaluated the results.

Congratulations! We are delighted to inform you that you have accumulated the necessary 25,000 Level Miles or 20 boardings, and therefore are eligible for an upgrade to Flying Blue Platinum membership. Your new Flying Blue card will be sent to you very shortly.

We hope you enjoy your new privileges, and look forward to welcoming you on board KLM or Air France soon.

Yours sincerely,

Cristina Zanchi
Director Customer Relationship Management
Old Aug 11, 2005, 6:42 am

I dont think it will help much to email her, but all KLM email addresses are [email protected]...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.