Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying Blue FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2018, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Ikaz
A strange one here, I have a 8+ hour layover at CDG soon, landing in 2F, leaving 2E.
Is it possible go through flight connections (I assume that I will need to go through to 2E and won't be allowed into the 2F lounge?), grab lunch in the lounge, then go airside to visit Paris before my evening flight?
Frankly...if you want to go to Paris, why not having lunch in town. Food will be much better and you’ll be in the Parisian ambiance
Old Nov 8, 2018, 7:04 am

Programs: Skyteam E+ (FB PfL), Latam Black, LH MM, Iberia plus, HH: Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy: Plat
A strange one here, I have a 8+ hour layover at CDG soon, landing in 2F, leaving 2E.
Is it possible go through flight connections (I assume that I will need to go through to 2E and won't be allowed into the 2F lounge?), grab lunch in the lounge, then go airside to visit Paris before my evening flight?
There is a good chance the 2F dragons will let you in, but no guarantee. I remember the +/-2 years period when the old, poor 2G lounge was operational. Whenever I arrived @ 2E on long haul, I tried to go to one of the respective lounges in 2E, most of the time (but not always) they would let me in. I understand your case is kind of the other way around, but still the same principle.
Personally, I would follow Goldorak's recommendation (see above), that's exactly what I do on every 4h+ layover @ CDG (unless I'm in F).
Old Nov 8, 2018, 4:31 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor Plat, IHG Diamond
I will indeed go and get lunch out of the airport, I will visit the Museum Air and Space at Le Bourget with a local friend, and we will find a place to eat nearby.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 2:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I will indeed go and get lunch out of the airport, I will visit the Museum Air and Space at Le Bourget with a local friend, and we will find a place to eat nearby.
Excellent choice, although you'll see that the area around LBG is one of the most depressing I know
Old Nov 13, 2018, 3:10 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Excellent choice, although you'll see that the area around LBG is one of the most depressing I know
And the Air and Space Museum is a very very sad place for aviation lovers. Yes, you can get inside the Concorde (two of them), and a B747-200, and see the Ariane space rocket. But the rest of the museum is a dusted-in collection of items that are exposed in a way that it just seems "stuff", the bit of interactive experience that they have tried to build there is usually broken, etc. It's amazing to see what a prominent role French inventors, engineers and aviators played in the history of aviation, often under-estimated. But this museum gives you the feeling that it's all faded glory.

There is a restaurant at the museum, which is, well, okay-ish at best.

I don't want to discourage you, just manage expectations.
Goldorak and wuzziduzziman like this.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 12:14 pm
gkl

Programs: FB Ulti, QR-Gold (OWS), TK *Gold, Bonvoy Ambassadort Elite, GHA Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by gkl
thanks for the link. I read the same however thought it was a mistake (or just could not believe my eyes), as F is one of the highest booking classes, DL is the main Skyteam/Transatlantic partner and DL Skymiles would credit miles for the same combination (La Premiere on DL Codeshare) and also La Premiere booked on AF.

Do you know any reason why the DL codeshare should be excluded solely for La Premiere bookings while all other booking classes are eligible?
Originally Posted by gkl
that's an explanation which I 100% agree with, however not a reason.
I will challenge FB on this, however I cannot believe that I'm the first AF La Premiere DL Codeshare passenger who has noticed that the miles from the F-flight don't credit on FB.
for documentation regarding this issue from 8.Oct in this thread: After some back and forth, FB credited the miles and XP for my La Premiere flight booked on DL Codeshare.
FB Platinum, here I come.
RoyalFlyer and paris1000 like this.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
I don't fly that often on KLM. Last year I flew AMS-DEL and got close to 13,000 miles in Business. This year the same flights I only got 3700 miles. Is there a mistake or is this the new spend based earning? Quite a devaluation for business class tickets I must say.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 12:03 pm

Programs: Skyteam E+ (FB PfL), Latam Black, LH MM, Iberia plus, HH: Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy: Plat
Originally Posted by onlysuites
I don't fly that often on KLM. Last year I flew AMS-DEL and got close to 13,000 miles in Business. This year the same flights I only got 3700 miles. Is there a mistake or is this the new spend based earning?
Yes, that can happen, unfortunately. If you are on a discounted fare like Z and have no (high tier) status than indeed earning can be dramatically lower compared to the past.
For sure the reduced earning has nothing to do with the ongoing contraction of the Eurasion plate
onlysuites likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 9:45 am

Programs: Flyingblue, Miles & More, Le Club Accord Gold
First of all, sorry for the stupid question. A while ago I booked a business class ticket from LHR to ICN via CDG on AF metal (fare J/O). Since I've been reading everywhere that O-fare = award, I'm kind of worried I'll only receive XP for the J-segment. To be honest, I never took into account that buying a bc-fare could eventually lead up to no XP/miles-gaining. Anyway, I just wanted to be sure 'cause there are some other sweet deals ex-LHR on ST-metal.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 11:16 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum | Flying Blue Petroleum | Hilton Gold | Marriott Gold | Shangri-La Jade
Originally Posted by brokentusk
First of all, sorry for the stupid question. A while ago I booked a business class ticket from LHR to ICN via CDG on AF metal (fare J/O). Since I've been reading everywhere that O-fare = award, I'm kind of worried I'll only receive XP for the J-segment. To be honest, I never took into account that buying a bc-fare could eventually lead up to no XP/miles-gaining. Anyway, I just wanted to be sure 'cause there are some other sweet deals ex-LHR on ST-metal.
If it's a paid fare, booked through AF on AF metal, you'll earn miles & XP's as usual, O is also used as a reward bucket, not solely.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 2:35 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by glennhaak
If it's a paid fare, booked through AF on AF metal, you'll earn miles & XP's as usual, O is also used as a reward bucket, not solely.
As much is true for Flying Blue.

Other airlines FFPs might still give 0% (and 0 segments) for O class.
glennhaak likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 3:39 am

Programs: Flying Blue
Hello peeps,

been reading the forums for ages but only thought of registering now I have prefered to ask in this thread instead of opening a new one as it seemed more appropriate!

I am thinking of Flying ORD-DTW-AMS-MXP, first 2 flights operated by DL. According to DL website if I book this in Premium Select the first segment would be in W class, the second one in G class and the last one in W class. On FB website I read that W and G class Always earn 125% of miles. Is that the case for the final segment operated by KLM as well? They are all DL coded.

I also assume both short haul flights will yield 2 XP (domestic ORD-DTW) and 5 XP (medium AMS-MXP). Long haul flight DTW-AMS should earn 20 XP (Long 2 Premium Economy). Can you confirm this?

One last question: if I buy this in main cabin then decide to upgrade through DL website will I get 125% miles and more XP anyway or just the extra miles?

Thank you all for your help, wish you a wonderful weekend!
Old Feb 3, 2019, 9:20 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Hello and very warm welcome to Flyertalk!

Your reading of the rules is pretty much spot on. Ticketsbeing bought on Delta numbers overrules KLM revenue based earning.

​​​​​​Delta Premium Economy should give x2 as long as it's properly coded, which you can check on FB website.

With regards to the upgrade, it depends on the instrument used. I know that AFKL check-in upgrades don't change the earning, but advance upgrade might.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 11:50 am

Programs: Flying Blue
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Hello and very warm welcome to Flyertalk!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Your reading of the rules is pretty much spot on. Ticketsbeing bought on Delta numbers overrules KLM revenue based earning.

​​​​​​Delta Premium Economy should give x2 as long as it's properly coded, which you can check on FB website.

With regards to the upgrade, it depends on the instrument used. I know that AFKL check-in upgrades don't change the earning, but advance upgrade might.
FB website says that all 3 flights are booked in classes which should earn 125% miles even if it seems a bit odd to me that last KLM flight would earn that much… I may be wrong, I have just recently started the "miles game" so I still have a lot to learn!

I was thinking about the upgrade offered on DL website when you click on "My flights".
Old Feb 15, 2019, 1:41 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
Newbie to FB,
What is the charge for cancelling an award ticket and re-depositing the miles back to the account?
Also, if I have 3 people on a single award booking, can I cancel the booking for 2 people and keep just a single person? If I anticipate that I might have to cancel 2 out 3 people on the booking, should I make separate bookings for 1 and the 2 other people?
TIA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.