Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying Blue FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2018, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Concerto
Am I right in thinking that this applies to every SkyTeam carrier, with the obvious exception of Air France?
AF For FB members only. I think some other ST carriers offer lounge access on domestic flights for their own members.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 1:09 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Silver
Originally Posted by Goldorak
AF For FB members only. I think some other ST carriers offer lounge access on domestic flights for their own members.
I don't understand what you are saying. Does it mean FB Gold and up can access the lounge even on domestic AF flights? If so, since when is this the case?
Old Oct 15, 2018, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by HeartFist
I don't understand what you are saying. Does it mean FB Gold and up can access the lounge even on domestic AF flights? If so, since when is this the case?
yes FB gold/Plat/Club2000/Skipper can access lounges for AF domestic flights (in all stations having a lounge : CDG, ORY, LYS, MRS, NCE, TLS, MPL, BOD, MLH, even if it is a contract lounge (NCE, MRS, TLS, MLH, MPL)) . Since when ? It has always been the case, even back during the good old times of Fréquence Plus.

Other Skyteam airlines may have the same arrangements for their own Elite+ members
wuzziduzziman likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 8:52 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Silver
Good to know - for some reason I thought, you had to have an international segment for French domestic flights also to access the lounge.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 2:07 pm

Programs: FB Plat
Similar situation -
Delta Domestic & Regional International (for flights within North America ...)Business Cabin (Called Domestic First class) F, P: 200%; A: 175%; G: 125%,Economy Cabin (Called Comfort +) W: 125%; (Called Main Cabin ) Y, B, M, 100%; H: 75%; Q, K, L: 50%; U, T, X, V; (Called Basic Economy) E: 25%

Here's my itinerary on DL,

Outbound: SAN - SLC (A) - YVR (A)
Should earn 175% miles for A, and 21 XP (6 for Domestic, 15 for Medium).

Inbound: YVR - SEA (Z) - SAN (Z)

So it seems my return on Z won't earn any XP, but the DL website doesn't show any other fare option (ie, no F, P, A, or G in advanced search) even though there are plenty of open seats remaining. Does a DL phone agent have access to other fares not available on the website?

Last edited by paris1000; Oct 31, 2018 at 3:03 pm
Old Nov 2, 2018, 4:04 am

Question: I understood that from 1 april 2018, all flights would be upgradeble subject to availability, regardless of booking class.

Now I see on the award ticket overview that there are J seats available for the flight I want, and can be paid with miles plus the additional usual fees and taxes.

But i can not upgrade my Y ticket with my miles on this flight. I called the PSL and they acknowledge that this promise is not happening and upgrades are just as scarce as they used to be.

What are your view on this matter? I feel cheated because it costs so much effort to collect the miles and once you have them, it is so difficult to use them.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by BobTL
Question: I understood that from 1 april 2018, all flights would be upgradeble subject to availability, regardless of booking class.

Now I see on the award ticket overview that there are J seats available for the flight I want, and can be paid with miles plus the additional usual fees and taxes.

But i can not upgrade my Y ticket with my miles on this flight. I called the PSL and they acknowledge that this promise is not happening and upgrades are just as scarce as they used to be.

What are your view on this matter? I feel cheated because it costs so much effort to collect the miles and once you have them, it is so difficult to use them.
Upgrades are still subject to availability in O inventory.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak

Upgrades are still subject to availability in O inventory.
So when a seat is available on a reward ticket, it is not automatically O class?
Old Nov 3, 2018, 12:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by BobTL
So when a seat is available on a reward ticket, it is not automatically O class?
No. Now It can book in any class I think. I recently booked a J award long haul and the booking class is I.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 1:54 am

Sorry, if this belongs elsewhere and I did read the threads, just want to make sure that I totally understand the status/XP thing.

I'm Silver and have 49 XP. My end date is 31-Dec-2018.

I have a trip later this month that will get me 90 XP (medium and long 1 in business - so 45 XP each way).

That gets me to 139 XP. So I maintain Silver but don't reset because I'm only matching what I'm already at.

In December, I have another 90 XP trip. The outbound (45 XP) gets me to 184 XP, which gets me Gold. At that point, I reset - go down to 4XP and the clock starts again (since the trip is in December, my new end-date just shifts a year to 31-December-2019). My return flight (another 45 XP) is also in December, but counts towards me new earning window (and I'll have 49 XP).

In 2019, I don't reset until/if I reach Platinum (300 XP).

Secondary question - how long does it take for status to change (i.e. how to get the Gold benefits)? My trip is about 20 days, so would I have Gold status on the return? I'll be in business anyway, so probably doesn't make much difference (i.e. already have priority and lounge access).
Old Nov 4, 2018, 9:46 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS
Is there a way of booking fully refundable AF flights online without calling in?
Old Nov 4, 2018, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by ceverett
Is there a way of booking fully refundable AF flights online without calling in?
yes both on the website and app you will find the option to buy fully refundable tickets
Old Nov 5, 2018, 8:40 am

Programs: AA, DL, AS
I see where you can buy fully refundable economy tix that way, but that option doesn't seem to exist for business and La Premiere.

Boss wants AF, but it's for business, and things change at the drop of a hat. Has to be J or F.

This is something I should be able to deal with during the 1/2 of my work day where I'm on hold or burning time on a conference call.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 2:25 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by frontenac551
Sorry, if this belongs elsewhere and I did read the threads, just want to make sure that I totally understand the status/XP thing.

I'm Silver and have 49 XP. My end date is 31-Dec-2018.

I have a trip later this month that will get me 90 XP (medium and long 1 in business - so 45 XP each way).

That gets me to 139 XP. So I maintain Silver but don't reset because I'm only matching what I'm already at.

In December, I have another 90 XP trip. The outbound (45 XP) gets me to 184 XP, which gets me Gold. At that point, I reset - go down to 4XP and the clock starts again (since the trip is in December, my new end-date just shifts a year to 31-December-2019). My return flight (another 45 XP) is also in December, but counts towards me new earning window (and I'll have 49 XP).

In 2019, I don't reset until/if I reach Platinum (300 XP).
All correct.

Originally Posted by frontenac551
Secondary question - how long does it take for status to change (i.e. how to get the Gold benefits)? My trip is about 20 days, so would I have Gold status on the return? I'll be in business anyway, so probably doesn't make much difference (i.e. already have priority and lounge access).
Typically for AFKL flights the update is midnight after departure. For partners, couple of extra days, but you should be Gold by your return either way.

Originally Posted by ceverett
I see where you can buy fully refundable economy tix that way, but that option doesn't seem to exist for business and La Premiere.

Boss wants AF, but it's for business, and things change at the drop of a hat. Has to be J or F.

This is something I should be able to deal with during the 1/2 of my work day where I'm on hold or burning time on a conference call.
This is something you should be able to deal with by dumping it on your corporate TA usually... other than that, just check the AF web and hope it offers you a flex class by default.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 1:52 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor Plat, IHG Diamond
A strange one here, I have a 8+ hour layover at CDG soon, landing in 2F, leaving 2E.
Is it possible go through flight connections (I assume that I will need to go through to 2E and won't be allowed into the 2F lounge?), grab lunch in the lounge, then go airside to visit Paris before my evening flight?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.