Flying Blue FAQ

Old Dec 9, 2017, 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Are they Flex? Or just basic semi-discount eco?
Deep discount eco. The €99 kind.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 6:39 pm

For the elite status, what's considered an qualifying flight for the 15 flights needed for silver? say I have a r/t from ARN to FLR via AMS, 4 segments in total. Are they considered four qualifying flights, two qualifying flights or just one qualifying flight?
Old Dec 23, 2017, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by rinipiyan
For the elite status, what's considered an qualifying flight for the 15 flights needed for silver? say I have a r/t from ARN to FLR via AMS, 4 segments in total. Are they considered four qualifying flights, two qualifying flights or just one qualifying flight?
4, providing you are booked in a fare earning miles.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 1:30 am

This has probably been asked and answered somewhere, but I can't find it.

I am going to book a multi-city premium economy roundtrip flight on delta.com. The first leg is with Virgin Atlantic and the return leg is Air France. On the delta.com page, it shows both flights with DL flight numbers and fare class "G". Assuming there is availability for upgrade to business class using miles for the Air France segment, will I be able to log into my flying blue account and upgrade this flight even if I book on delta.com?

Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 5:41 am

Programs: Skyteam E+ (FB PfL), Latam Black, LH MM, Iberia plus, HH: Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy: Plat
Originally Posted by nock
This has probably been asked and answered somewhere, but I can't find it.
I am going to book a multi-city premium economy roundtrip flight on delta.com. The first leg is with Virgin Atlantic and the return leg is Air France. On the delta.com page, it shows both flights with DL flight numbers and fare class "G". Assuming there is availability for upgrade to business class using miles for the Air France segment, will I be able to log into my flying blue account and upgrade this flight even if I book on delta.com?

Thanks in advance.
In principle yes - booking will show up under "my bookings" if you log into your FB account under AF or KL and upgrade options might pop up. However, your G fare confuses me. If you booked premium economy you should have a W-fare under 006 stock (or W, S, A under 057 stock). In the Delta system, G should be Business/First class already
Old Dec 23, 2017, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by wuzziduzziman
In principle yes - booking will show up under "my bookings" if you log into your FB account under AF or KL and upgrade options might pop up. However, your G fare confuses me. If you booked premium economy you should have a W-fare under 006 stock (or W, S, A under 057 stock). In the Delta system, G should be Business/First class already
I know, right? It literally says, "Premium Economy (G)" on the delta website. Thanks for your answer. I will give it a shot.

*edit* So I booked the flight on delta and it is definitely premium economy. The problem is now when I log into flyingblue, I do not see the flight. Any suggestions?

Last edited by nock; Dec 23, 2017 at 10:36 am
Old Dec 23, 2017, 11:09 am

Programs: FB Gold
*edit* So I booked the flight on delta and it is definitely premium economy. The problem is now when I log into flyingblue, I do not see the flight. Any suggestions?
I assumed you've tried this already but does it show up if you manually try to add the booking with the "Add a missing reservation" button?
Old Dec 23, 2017, 11:11 am

This is really weird. I got the flight to show up in the air France part of the website but flying blue still shows nothing.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 11:14 am

Programs: FB Gold
This is really weird. I got the flight to show up in the air France part of the website but flying blue still shows nothing.
If it shows up on the AF side you should still be able to request an upgrade.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 12:26 pm

I called. The rep said there's no availability but I see availability to purchase a business ticket outright on flying blue for 62k points. But maybe this doesn't mean upgrade availability exists... Can anyone confirm?
Old Dec 25, 2017, 6:27 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Upgrade availability is in general different from revenue availability, especially if miles upgrade, as opposed to paid upgrade.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Guys, urgent question. I have a booking in AirEuropa business class O, booked on opodo. Does this really not earn miles, or have I misread the Flying Blue site?
Old Jan 5, 2018, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
UX O does not earn in Flying Blue; neither does it apparently earn in any other programme, except for UX's own SUMA programme.

Are you sure your paid business class ticket is actually in O class????
Old Jan 5, 2018, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
That’s what the Saudia site said. I wonder if opodo have sold me a miles ticket and made a massive profit. I’d better cancel it, still within 24 hours. But first I’ll give AirEuropa a quick call...
Old Jan 5, 2018, 9:25 am

If you bought a ticket in one class, can you pay to upgrade to a higher class ticket (for example V -> Y)?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.