Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying Blue FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2017, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
And you cannot impose a specific routing.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 8:50 pm

Good luck - Just went through the exact same thing - Delta cancelled my nonstop JFK-SVO booked with Flying Blue Delta and Experflyer show Aerflot non-stop flights - Flying blue does not see the space and wants me to route on their A380 with lousy business class through france..
Old Sep 25, 2017, 11:36 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Guess I'll just give up on that. One of these days I'd love to fly Aeroflot, but since I don't live in NY, Toronto or LA it's not super easy and certainly not cheap.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 2:14 am

The other day I called in to upgrade my wife and daughter (lap infant) from Y to PE on an AF long haul. They confirmed that space was available and quoted the correct amount of miles plus a reasonable change fee for the baby. At which point they put me on hold to complete the upgrade process, and of course the connection dropped out. I was unable to call back at that moment. I noticed that in our reservation it now says PE instead of Y for that leg. I called yesterday to complete the transaction and the gentleman at FB said that there was no longer upgrade space available in PE or J. I thanked him, hung up, and called again. This time I asked the FB rep to please assign our seats. We were assigned seats for all of our flights, including in PE for that leg (all three of us), and I asked for a confirmation which I received via email. Am I good to go? Was this a 'complimentary' upgrade? What should I do? I'd hate to run into a problem at check in.

Thank you Flyertalk experts!
Old Oct 2, 2017, 4:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I wanted to create an open jaw itinerary on SU, leaving from FRA, coming back to GVA. But the system won't let me, at least while using the iPad. Is that something new? Guess I could just create two one way itineraries, or call the call center.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 4:56 am

Programs: FB Platinum for Life; BAEC Gold Guest List; Accor Gold.
I've also had this problem with open-jaw itineraries. The system allows the destination side to be open (e.g. GLA-HKG/PVG-GLA) but not the origin side (so, e.g. GLA-HKG/HKG-EDI cannot be accommodated) ... once the first (origin) airport is specified, then that is also fixed for the final arrival airport.

I don't like it, as I quite often like to book trips starting from one place in the UK (after visiting family or friends) and ending up back at home (GLA). For cash tickets, this hasn't been a problem (at least, in the past ... haven't tried it very recently).

-- Henry
Old Oct 2, 2017, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So how do you typically do it? Do you call up to create the itinerary and issue the ticket? Or do you book it as two one ways? At BAEC, there are apparently a lot of advantages to booking one ways, such as lower taxes.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 11:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
My brother used to fly a lot for business, but doesn't fly now he's retired. I used to use his FB account to book redemptions.

Is he able to donate his FB miles before they expire or can we do something else with them?
Old Oct 2, 2017, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by Concerto
So how do you typically do it? Do you call up to create the itinerary and issue the ticket? Or do you book it as two one ways? At BAEC, there are apparently a lot of advantages to booking one ways, such as lower taxes.
Probably easier to just book 2 one-ways
Old Oct 2, 2017, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by botham
My brother used to fly a lot for business, but doesn't fly now he's retired. I used to use his FB account to book redemptions.

Is he able to donate his FB miles before they expire or can we do something else with them?
What is that "something else", all the options to use your miles are listed on the flying blue website, how many miles do you still have left?
botham likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Probably a dumb question, but are stopovers permitted on European round trip award tix, outside the country of origin? I'm sure it won't be allowed on one way trips. The desired routing would be MIL-LON(stopover)LON-MOW-KUF(Samara, destination); KUF-MOW-GVA.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 11:53 pm

No, stopovers are not allowed any more on award tickets
Old Oct 17, 2017, 1:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks Ditto, that's another one that had slipped past me, probably because I am not using Flying Blue very much these days. It's all devaluation, devaluation, isn't it?
Old Oct 17, 2017, 10:49 am

KL is doing pretty well so they don't need loyalty as much.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 3:46 am

Programs: NW Gold->CO->UA->DL PM
Originally Posted by Enthilza
Does anyone know if a flight on KK (AtlasGlobal) metal but on a AF ticket would bring any miles? I can't find any reference to KK on flyingblue website so I'm really puzzled here...
Originally Posted by Ditto
Yes, any AF marketed flight earns miles... https://www.flyingblue.com/earn-and-...ir-france.html
Do we get SkyTeam benefits on these flights?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.