Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying Blue FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2020, 3:58 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Jolikiwi1980
hi there. I just made gold. I will also be travelling a lot for the first half of this year, not so much for the other half. So will most probably attain 180Xp for gold renewal before june. But my deadline is 31st october 2020. Will al xp gained in addition to my 180xp be kept for 2021 or will they expire on 31st october 2020 ?
Is that deadline yout past silver deadline? I believe if you made gold just now your deadline should be reset by 12 months (so 31st jan 2021). Pls correct me if Im wrong.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 9:16 am

Hi all!
Do you all know if you can apply vouchers ("bon d'achat") to an award flight (to pay for taxes)?
The website doesn't offer the possibility, but can you make it work by calling CS?

Thanks!
Old Mar 9, 2020, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Benjh
Hi all!
Do you all know if you can apply vouchers ("bon d'achat") to an award flight (to pay for taxes)?
The website doesn't offer the possibility, but can you make it work by calling CS?

Thanks!
no, you can't (unfortunately)
Old Mar 9, 2020, 7:14 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
I have been trying to get an answer from AF as to their policy on cancelling award ticket I have to Italy, I know my miles will be refunded but what about the cancellation fee I am hoping that is waived.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 10:31 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
The wording doesnt mention award fares but you'd hope they won't charge you indeed like they don't charge any paid ticket.

If your ticket is already booked, you can postpone* your departure at no charge until May 31, 2020. This postponement must be made in the same booking class (i.e. at the same fare). If the booking class is no longer available, a fare adjustment applies.

Save time by changing your booking directly online, in the "Your reservations" section of the website or in the mobile app. You can also contact your travel agent.

You may also choose to change your destination or cancel your trip via your travel agent. In these cases, we will provide you with a non-refundable voucher that will be valid for 1 year and can be used on Air France, KLM or our partner's flight.

* Valid excepted fares for allotments and groups with specific conditions
Old Mar 10, 2020, 12:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by edgewood49
I have been trying to get an answer from AF as to their policy on cancelling award ticket I have to Italy, I know my miles will be refunded but what about the cancellation fee I am hoping that is waived.
it will be waived for sure.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
it will be waived for sure.
I just heard from AF if one has a ticket to Italy and it's a reward cancellation fee is waived or they will rebook for you. As of today no one really knows what the other side of this thing is going to look like or be over. I will rebook when the "coast " is clear!

Thank you for your replies
Old Mar 15, 2020, 7:44 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
What do you think my chances are for an award ticket Casablanca-Charles DEGAULLE-JFK where I am scheduled for a 5 1/2 hour overlay to being moved to the flight with a 3 hour overlay? It is May 9 if that would make a difference
Old Mar 15, 2020, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Runner123
What do you think my chances are for an award ticket Casablanca-Charles DEGAULLE-JFK where I am scheduled for a 5 1/2 hour overlay to being moved to the flight with a 3 hour overlay? It is May 9 if that would make a difference
0 chance unless your flight is cancelled. In Europe, we don't have the same-day standby policy that is common in the US.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 8:03 am

Could someone clarify the XP and status for me, I'm new to FB having spent most of my time with BAEC although I somehow have a sizeable collection of miles built up!

Once this 'pandemic' dies down, I'll be looking at frequent flights to the Continent for work (and pleasure), primarily AMS with plenty of other EU cities as well, from what I can tell, LHR-AMS business return is 30XP while LHR-AMS-EU City is 60XP for business return, is that right?

Likewise the status bands are Silver: 100XP, Gold: +180XP, Platinum: +300XP, I would need to earn a total of 580XP for Platinum?

To me it seems like reaching Platinum is a lot easier with FB and connecting flights than it is to reach Gold with BAEC and direct flights, is it worth switching all travel over aside from mandatory work flights?
Old Mar 24, 2020, 10:37 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
I don't know about BA.

A single European international flight is 5XP in Y, 15XP in C, so your calculations are correct.

Status bads are correct, also the clock resets with every upgrade. So once you reach Silver, you have a year to reach 180XP to get Gold, then you have again a year to reach 300XP to reach Platinum, then you always have a year to earn 300XP to requal for Platinum again. XP are carried over.
HeyUpDuck likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 3:10 pm

Does anyone know if AF is going to extend the expiration of miles ?
Old Mar 25, 2020, 4:28 am

Does anyone know if AF is going to extend the expiration of miles ?
They already have, any miles set to expire this year will be valid until end of the year.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
They already have, any miles set to expire this year will be valid until end of the year.
Thank have that what I am concerned about are miles set to expire first second quarter next year. Having cancelled two trips I now have 700K miles set to expire next year who knows how soon can I use them up?
Old Mar 25, 2020, 7:47 am

Thank have that what I am concerned about are miles set to expire first second quarter next year. Having cancelled two trips I now have 700K miles set to expire next year who knows how soon can I use them up?
You don't need to use them up immediately, credit a quick domestic trip on Delta or Westjet to FB and all your miles are prolonged. I would surmise that if you can neither credit a single mile to FB nor make booking to use the miles by some time next year... then either you or AF has much bigger problems than miles going to waste (even if it's a large number of miles)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.