Flying Blue FAQ

Old Mar 21, 2018, 5:47 pm

I have some expiring FB miles - will any flight on Delta if credited to FB extend my expiration window? Even the lowest restricted economy seat - will this extend my expiration?
Old Mar 22, 2018, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Yes indeed, a flight on DL credited to Flying Blue will extend the validity of your miles, and the same goes for flights on any SkyTeam airline when crediting to FB.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Concerto
Yes indeed, a flight on DL credited to Flying Blue will extend the validity of your miles, and the same goes for flights on any SkyTeam airline when crediting to FB.
if booked in an earning class/fare for FB. Do not forget that even with the new rules of FB, partner flights booked under their codes will continue to follow the current earning scheme.
For DL, I think all fares were earning on FB but I have a doubt regarding the "light fares" DL introduced about a year ago on domestic flights.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Ah good point, sorry about omitting that important point. I had always thought DL was relatively uncomplicated for mileage collection with FB, unlike AZ and UX earlier.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 1:23 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue
With SAS, once you reach gold you can give a silver card (or something like that) to your companion... I know this happens on FB platinum ultimate, but does it happen on normal platinum?

First world problems, when I'm calling it normal platinum
Old Apr 28, 2018, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by George Moore
With SAS, once you reach gold you can give a silver card (or something like that) to your companion... I know this happens on FB platinum ultimate, but does it happen on normal platinum?
No it doesn't exist, unless you subscribe to the Amex FB Platinum.
Old May 27, 2018, 2:59 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
I booked an 057 ticket for an AF/DL trip (US to EU) in business class, but booked via Orbitz. Delta calls this an "exception fare" so if I credit to them, I earn Skymiles based on a % of distance instead of "per dollar spent". If I credit it to FlyingBlue, is it based on the price, or do they have some sort of modifier as well? I paid only $2000 for hotel+flight in business.

Thanks!
Old May 27, 2018, 3:18 pm

Programs: FB Platinum
Originally Posted by Gig103
I booked an 057 ticket for an AF/DL trip (US to EU) in business class, but booked via Orbitz. Delta calls this an "exception fare" so if I credit to them, I earn Skymiles based on a % of distance instead of "per dollar spent". If I credit it to FlyingBlue, is it based on the price, or do they have some sort of modifier as well? I paid only $2000 for hotel+flight in business.

Thanks!
If the flight number is under AF code, you should earn miles based on price + XP for each leg. If under DL code you will earn based on distance + XP.
Old May 27, 2018, 3:56 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by joyu12
If the flight number is under AF code, you should earn miles based on price + XP for each leg. If under DL code you will earn based on distance + XP.
Okay. Is there a way to figure out how much of my vacation package is attributed to the ticket (vs. the hotel)?
Old May 28, 2018, 12:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Gig103
Okay. Is there a way to figure out how much of my vacation package is attributed to the ticket (vs. the hotel)?
If you have an Amadeus PNR, try to check on Saudia website (in MMB).
Old Jun 9, 2018, 10:35 am

I'm booked PE on miles from Lax to Ppt in May 2019. Can i add a domestic leg for free? (Not a stopover). I'm based in NY, hoping to combine em instead of looking for another ticket
Old Jun 28, 2018, 11:00 am

Quick Question: If I book a round-trip ticket, when do miles/XP credits post to my account? Do I have to complete the entire trip for the points to be credited or will I be credited for the outbound after its complete? What if I never complete the return? Do I still get credit for the outbound flight?
Old Jun 28, 2018, 4:59 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
You get credited (XP and partial miles credit) on a flight by flight basis after completion.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
You get credited (XP and partial miles credit) on a flight by flight basis after completion.
OK. That's what I wanted to know Flying first with.a dummy return in coach and wanted to make sure I would get the xp points for the first class if I didn't want to fly the return
Old Jun 29, 2018, 9:25 pm

AF cooperates with Air Antilles on FDF-PTP-FSG/SXM. But tickets bought on airfrance homepages are around 30% more expensive than if booked directly with Air Antilles. If I buy a ticket with an Air Antilles code (S3 it is I think), can I reclaim xp and miles afterwards or do I have to pay the 30% extra to gain any xp and/or miles?

And continously: a flight with a stop on the way from a to b (you can take the above example) without a change of an airplane, does this count as a stopover and therefore count as two flight for xp or does it count as a direct flight?

Last edited by WeFly; Jun 29, 2018 at 9:32 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.