Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying Blue FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2017, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Of course you can swap boarding passes with the W-ticket holder, but then you arrive with a W-class ticket (which doesn't allow access), and have to "argue" with the lounge dragon that you technically *should* have access - which will be difficult to do as you have no status card to show, and when they look up your details (as provided on your boarding pass - which is someone else's) they will find that you (i.e. the other person) has no status whatsoever.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 1:12 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Of course you can swap boarding passes with the W-ticket holder, but then you arrive with a W-class ticket (which doesn't allow access), and have to "argue" with the lounge dragon that you technically *should* have access - which will be difficult to do as you have no status card to show, and when they look up your details (as provided on your boarding pass - which is someone else's) they will find that you (i.e. the other person) has no status whatsoever.
I mean after swapping the boarding pass, I go plane spotting all other the airport (terminal) and taking pictures and not lounging. Both LHR and CDG got quite good place to watch and take pictures of take off, landing and moving about.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 1:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Yes, that should be fine. If 3 people bearing 3 J tickets turn up at the lounge, there is no reason for anyone not to be admitted.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 9:24 pm

Sorry if this has been asked already, but what constitutes a 'qualifying flight' on Delta to renew the 20-month / 2-year timer for FlyingBlue miles expiry?
Old Nov 16, 2017, 11:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by dj903jd
Sorry if this has been asked already, but what constitutes a 'qualifying flight' on Delta to renew the 20-month / 2-year timer for FlyingBlue miles expiry?
any flight, operated by DL or one of its regional Delta Connection carrier and booked in an eligible fare class for miles earning in FB. For this last point, it means that you need to earn at least one mile for the flight being considered as a qualifying flight.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
A J ticket doesn't allow guesting privileges. If none of your party has Skyteam Elite Plus status, then the person in W doesn't get free lounge access.

(Some lounges are accessible to W passengers upon payment of a fee, in either miles of cash. See the premium economy pages on the AF website for details).

In order for YOU personally to guest someone into the lounge with your newly-minted Gold status - you will need to be able to prove that you have Gold status. If the flight you just stepped off of is the flight responsible for doing this, then the systems will not yet have updated to add the miles/segments or to update your status. Whether you wish to enter into debate with a lounge dragon to press your case, and whether it would be successful, is something that you can relate back to us after the event.
I have a reply from flyingblue via e-mail
"Since your flights will be operated by Air France, you can contact us by calling to our Customer Service in order to claim the Miles over the phone. Once those Miles will be credited we can prepare for you a certificate stated that you are Elite Plus member and which will give you the opportunity to use Gold benefits on return flight"

Hope this help you guys in the future, thanks everyone for providing so much information on the website!
Old Nov 28, 2017, 9:01 am

Hi all,
Quick question - last night booked an economy flight from DUB via AMS to KIX in April 2018.
Would like to upgrade return leg to business.
Rang but was told no availability, which I find very surprising as its still a long way off.
Could it be the case I'm too early to request the upgrade? When would be the best time?

Is it possible to process an upgrade using miles online? I couldn't see an option anywhere.

Thank you.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 7:50 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Etihad Gold, Hilton Diamond
Refund of upgrade award

If I purchase an upgrade with miles, can I get a full refund of these miles if I would want to cancel the upgrade? If time is an issue, I'm talking about purchasing the upgrade weeks before travel and canceling a few days before travel.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 3:38 pm

Anyone have any luck trying to book flights on KLM or Airfrance for delta/aeromexico flights? I see flights available on deltas website but not available on KLM or Airfrance. Ive tried calling flying blue but they can't find anything either.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by snowboardpunk
Anyone have any luck trying to book flights on KLM or Airfrance for delta/aeromexico flights? I see flights available on deltas website but not available on KLM or Airfrance. Ive tried calling flying blue but they can't find anything either.
Availability on DL websites doesn’t mean anything for availability to FB members. Each airline controls the inventory they give access to their own members and to the members of partner FFPs. Availability is usually higher for their own members than for partners.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 5:43 pm

Tonight I noticed that, even though I'm currently only FB Ivory, I could select (standard) seats for free on all my upcoming KL flights both this year and next year. The only ones I could not do that for are two short-haul AF flights. EC and Exit row seats were all priced at the standard rate minus 10% discount.

Why? Glitch? Precursor to silver status which I will reach at the end of the month? Policy change?
Old Dec 6, 2017, 4:45 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
I believe that seat selection depends on your booking class. In June, I had a ridiculously expensive ticket issued, full flex Y I think. I had no status at all, in fact I deliberately left the FF number off the booking.
I could still select EC for free.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 5:40 am

Yes, I'm aware of that but I'm not the kind of idiot that buys full fare tickets and pays for them out of his own pocket, so that can't really be it. Plus, this only changed recently, in that it was still asking for €5 a couple days ago. Unfortunately I don't check every day so I can't say exactly when that happened.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

End of FB partnership with AS

From AgentConnect:

Air France (AF) and KLM (KL) will suspend their codeshare agreement and loyalty program with Alaska Airlines (AS) as of 01 April 2018.

Impact on customers booked on flights marketed by AF / operated by AS and flights marketed by KL / operated by AS:
Customers have already been rebooked or will be reported on the same flight operated by AS (using the AS flight number) or on a joint venture (JV) route.
The standard KLM policy for processing schedule changes will apply to customers traveling on flights marketed by KL.

Impact on the accumulation and use of Flying Blue Miles:
Flying Blue members can continue to earn Miles on AS until March 31, 2018. Missing Miles claims will be honored until September 30, 2018.
Flying Blue members may continue to use AS Miles for award tickets issued up to and including March 31, 2018, regardless of travel date.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 2:24 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by CyBeR
Yes, I'm aware of that but I'm not the kind of idiot that buys full fare tickets and pays for them out of his own pocket, so that can't really be it. Plus, this only changed recently, in that it was still asking for €5 a couple days ago. Unfortunately I don't check every day so I can't say exactly when that happened.
Are they Flex? Or just basic semi-discount eco?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.