Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying Blue FAQ

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2017, 7:51 am

Programs: Skyteam E+ (FB PfL), Latam Black, LH MM, Iberia plus, HH: Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy: Plat
Originally Posted by Enthilza
The postal address in my FB account is still my French one (no way for FB to send me anything here) but if I were to relocate in a civilized country, say the US, in the next couple of months, would I be able to benefit (providing I inform FB about this of course) from the discount miles requirements (70k to reach Plat) this year? Or am I stuck with the 90k requirement for this year whatever happens?
The requirement will change with the address move, not with the calendar year or whatever other parameter.
Old May 10, 2017, 10:51 pm

Programs: FB Gold - M&S Gold
Originally Posted by wuzziduzziman
The requirement will change with the address move, not with the calendar year or whatever other parameter.
Awesome, thanks a lot for the clarification.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 4:43 am

Programs: SK Gold (*G)
I got an award ticket booked with FB-blue points for a trip in August. The points would have expired in March. Will it be possible to make changes in the booking at this stage? Or even re-book the entire itinerary?
Old Jun 7, 2017, 6:36 am

As FB Platinum member, are there change/cancellations fees for award tickets?
Old Jun 7, 2017, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by BigRedBears
As FB Platinum member, are there change/cancellations fees for award tickets?
Fees are dependent on the type of award ticket you booked, not on status.

PromoAward - no changes/cancellations possible. Forfeiture of all miles and monies paid
Classic Award - €45 per change per person
Flex Award - no change fee
Old Jun 7, 2017, 10:13 am

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Fees are dependent on the type of award ticket you booked, not on status.

PromoAward - no changes/cancellations possible. Forfeiture of all miles and monies paid...
AF reimbursed me for taxes on a promo Award last January
Old Jun 7, 2017, 1:15 pm

Programs: HH-D / IHG-Sp / Marriott-P / LH-SEN / BA-S
Do you know whether they do cash upgrade on award ticket? Couldn't really find which booking class promo award will be booked into and basically even the lower booking classes (T,E,N,R) are even upgradeable.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 2:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by delanotre
AF reimbursed me for taxes on a promo Award last January
You must know that that was a discretionary gesture by an individual agent, and that Promo Awards cannot be changed or cancelled.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 4:01 pm

Anybody has an idea whether I can book Classic award like following:

Flight 1: TPE-HND//NRT-KUL with CI (TPE-NRT) and JL (NRT-KUL) with 48 hours stopover in HND/NRT
Flight 2: DPS-PVG-HKG with GA (DPS-PVG) and FM (PVG-HKG) with 48 hours stopover in PVG

All departure and arrival points (TPE, KUL, DPS, HKG) are obviously in same-region. But would they allow both open jaw and stopover in different region in same ticket? Apparently FB doesn't really have something comparabe to "3 Region Award" like Miles & More.

When I tried to book Flight 2 as one-way (of course without the 48 hours stopover, just 6 hours of transit), the price is just the same as direct flight: 25k in C plus negligble amount of taxes...
Old Jun 18, 2017, 3:02 am

FB doesn't allow a stopover on a one-way, only on a r/t, I'm not sure about a different region stopover though, best to call and ask.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 6:10 am

Does anyone know if a flight on KK (AtlasGlobal) metal but on a AF ticket would bring any miles? I can't find any reference to KK on flyingblue website so I'm really puzzled here...
Old Jun 18, 2017, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by Enthilza
Does anyone know if a flight on KK (AtlasGlobal) metal but on a AF ticket would bring any miles? I can't find any reference to KK on flyingblue website so I'm really puzzled here...
Yes, any AF marketed flight earns miles... https://www.flyingblue.com/earn-and-...ir-france.html

Out of interest... what is the route?
Old Jun 18, 2017, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Ditto
Yes, any AF marketed flight earns miles... https://www.flyingblue.com/earn-and-...ir-france.html

likely CDG-IST or IST-somewhere else in Turkey.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 6:09 pm

Confirmed 50k in C + around 200 USD tax:

Outbound: HKG-TPE-NRT-SGN-KUL (CI and VN) with stopover in TPE
Inbound: DPS-PVG-HKG (GA and FM)

- Only 1 stopover, either outbound or inbound, NOT both
- Open jaw only in destinations (CMIIW)
- Stopover outside region of departure possible (e.g. HKG-ICN-KUL) with stopover in ICN

FB rep on phone said NRT-KUL was not possible with JL or MH, although I found very good availability on JAL from BAEC on same day. Are they still even cooperating with FB? Guess JL isn't releasing award space for non-alliance partner anymore?
Old Jun 19, 2017, 1:06 am

Originally Posted by Ditto

Good. The website hints at the fact that some AF marketed but on CityJet metal won't necessarily bring miles so that made me cautious.

Thanks for your reply.

Originally Posted by Goldorak
likely CDG-IST or IST-somewhere else in Turkey.
CDG-IST indeed. Out of the three direct flights, the one in the middle of the afternoon (15h25) is KK operated. Prices are basically the same on all three flights but I wanted to make sure that I would at least get the miles if I were to select this one (I might just fly TK this time though).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.