Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying Blue FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2016, 8:01 am

Programs: FB platinum
Yes there is soft landing as long as you have at least one qualifying flight in the year!
Old Jun 19, 2016, 8:29 am

Programs: FB Platinum
okay thanks! will start planning some extra segments then for plat
Old Jun 19, 2016, 1:49 pm

Hope this is a good place to ask my question.

I've read on TPG about FB award travel to NOU and that got me interested. I went to flyingblue.com and found quite decent availability for LAX-SYD-NOU.

The problem is that I'm based in SEA and there's no availability SEA-LAX-SYD-NOU, though if searched independently there's plenty. Why is that? Do you think if I call, the agent will be able to help me and piece together such itinerary?

The reason why I want to do that is that returning flight NOU-NRT-SEA is much shorted than NRT-LAX and I also I can skip LAX-SEA. So here I am -- can you share your experience?

I'm not sure I'll be able to find a good agent on the phone who would go out of her ways to help me. If I know it is possible, then at least I can be insisting

Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 19, 2016, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by abcpp

I've read on TPG about FB award travel to NOU and that got me interested. I went to flyingblue.com and found quite decent availability for LAX-SYD-NOU.

The problem is that I'm based in SEA and there's no availability SEA-LAX-SYD-NOU, though if searched independently there's plenty. Why is that? Do you think if I call, the agent will be able to help me and piece together such itinerary?

The reason why I want to do that is that returning flight NOU-NRT-SEA is much shorted than NRT-LAX and I also I can skip LAX-SEA. So here I am -- can you share your experience?

I'm not sure I'll be able to find a good agent on the phone who would go out of her ways to help me. If I know it is possible, then at least I can be insisting

Thanks in advance!
I would advice on checking availability for each single segment on the route you want to take, and then call FB to check if they can book it for you, there might be ticketing restrictions or it might just be a glitch in the online tool.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 3:37 pm

Programs: FB Platinum for Life; BAEC Gold Guest List; Accor Gold.
Originally Posted by abcpp

Thanks in advance!
Your itinerary has inspired me - thanks! After some preliminary digging, it appears that Aircalin flights now earn FB level miles (according to the FB Miles Calculator). Did I miss some news?

-- Henry
Old Jun 19, 2016, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Henry III
Your itinerary has inspired me - thanks! After some preliminary digging, it appears that Aircalin flights now earn FB level miles (according to the FB Miles Calculator). Did I miss some news?
Indeed. I missed that too. It is also written in the SB page of FB website.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 7:55 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum for Life, AccorLiveLimitless Platinum, Qatar Airways Gold
Originally Posted by Brendan88
Does anyone know how many miles a FB Plat can stand in debt? I thought it was 10% of the points you have at the time of booking a award ticket (example: you have 200.000 point in your account but can spend 220.000). Cant find it anywhere on the web but I have made use of this advantage a couple of years ago.
Just to answer my own question. The KL lounge staff confirmed that Plats can have a negative award mileage. As I explained above you can spend 10% more miles than you have in your account.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 3:49 pm

Programs: Bear Backers
Do I need both an Air France account and a Flying Blue?

Just created a flying Blue account as I will be booking a flight on Air France in the next few months. Would also appreciate any tips etc on flying Premium economy. I joined because it is supposed to be better than Lufthansa
Old Jul 9, 2016, 2:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by oskidunker
Just created a flying Blue account as I will be booking a flight on Air France in the next few months. Would also appreciate any tips etc on flying Premium economy. I joined because it is supposed to be better than Lufthansa
There is no such thing as "Air France account" (see the title of you post). You have subscribed to Flying Blue, which is the frequent flyer program of Air France, KLM and a couple of other airlines (Tarom, Air Calin, Kenya Airways), and that's it.
And could you clarify what you mean by any tip about flying PE ?
Old Jul 14, 2016, 6:33 am

Programs: BA Silver, FB Plat, Accor Gold, IHG Gold, Wyndham Rewards Gold, BW Gold
Carry over level miles when dropping a status level

Could someone kindly confirm that my understanding of the following is correct?

I have Platinum status (and live outside France) and expect to end the year with between 50,000 and 55,000 level miles and something like 15 qualifying flights.

1 I shall be downgraded to Gold. I shall have earned enough miles for this level anyway (so it isn't, in fact, a soft landing).
2 But I shan't be entitled to any carry-over miles, because of the drop in status level.

Re 2, I was rather hoping I'd be able to carry over the miles in excess of the 40,000 I need to achieve Gold status, because I have, in fact, earned the miles for this level and am not being given a soft landing to it.

Many thanks
Old Jul 26, 2016, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Do carry over level miles apply to Ivory? I just joined Flying Blue and will not earn enough miles to make Silver by the end of year. Will any miles earned this year as Ivory carry over to next year or will I start at zero?
Old Jul 26, 2016, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by TomMM
Do carry over level miles apply to Ivory? I just joined Flying Blue and will not earn enough miles to make Silver by the end of year. Will any miles earned this year as Ivory carry over to next year or will I start at zero?
Logically, no carry-over for Ivory, as you didn't reach any upper threshold.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 3:32 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

How long does it take for a mileage refund if I cancel online- I am trying to figure out if I should cancel and rebook online or call the FB call center to change my ticket. (I'm changing the destination and date; same zone) Thanks!

FDW
Old Jul 29, 2016, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
How long does it take for a mileage refund if I cancel online- I am trying to figure out if I should cancel and rebook online or call the FB call center to change my ticket. (I'm changing the destination and date; same zone) Thanks!

FDW
Better to call IMO. Usually the refund in miles is immediate, but some have reported here that it can take sometimes one or two days.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 11:32 am

Quick question about gold status with KLM, when booking a flight with ivory, will he be entitled to the same benefit as I am? could I buy a preferred seat for the 2 of us with the 50% discount?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.