Wiki Posts
Search

Flying Blue FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2014, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by anandrag
Anyway, wanted to know what earning is for DL marketed flights in V and X classes? X is higher class than V
The earning table for every Flying Blue partner airline is available on the Flying Blue website. Here is the Delta earning table. The operating carrier must be a Skyteam member (so a DL marketed flight operated by Virgin Atlantic won't earn anything).
Old Nov 12, 2014, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ottone
Is this normal ?
No.

You say that you can see that miles were earned for 2014. Allow some time for the erroneous statements to be corrected. These statements mean nothing anyway, you should not be concerned.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Rus925
For whatever reason, Africa 2 to the Indian Ocean zone is cheaper than Africa 1 to the Indian Ocean zone. It doesn't make sense for those city pairs, but it might for other pairs among the three zones. M&M, for instance, has dealt with this by charging a "three-region award" at a significantly higher price for trips that connect through a third zone, which ensures that this sort of price discrepancy won't happen.
It DOES make sense - in Flying Blue, these are are not 3 zones, because Indian Ocean is included in the same zone as Africa 2.

Old Nov 12, 2014, 6:46 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB platinum, BAEC bronze
Originally Posted by irishguy28
No.

You say that you can see that miles were earned for 2014. Allow some time for the erroneous statements to be corrected. These statements mean nothing anyway, you should not be concerned.
OK thanks for the quick answer. I'll be patient and wait a few days.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 3:04 pm

Programs: Skyteam E+ (FB PfL), Latam Black, LH MM, Iberia plus, HH: Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy: Plat
Originally Posted by ottone
OK thanks for the quick answer. I'll be patient and wait a few days.
It is definitely not normal if the situations persists for many days.
However the posting of transactions usually occurs some time before the balance for both status & award miles is updated.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 8:36 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB platinum, BAEC bronze
Originally Posted by wuzziduzziman
It is definitely not normal if the situations persists for many days.
However the posting of transactions usually occurs some time before the balance for both status & award miles is updated.
Account balance is now OK (since this morning). thanks for your info, now I know how it works (for the future)
Old Nov 15, 2014, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by wuzziduzziman
Indeed and I never understood why there is such a delay between miles posting and balance update. Usually it is max 24hrs, but this week, I had almost 3 days of delay.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 3:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Indeed and I never understood why there is such a delay between miles posting and balance update.
Just FB's general incompetence?
Old Nov 17, 2014, 3:59 pm

Programs: FB Silver
KLM Qualifying class

Hi there, since I'm missing a few segments to keep my status and have a planned trip to Geneva, I'm doing some research to find the cheapest qualifying fare :

I found an AF round-trip (CDG-GVA) sold by KLM under the naming "Economy Restricted" that could apparently work, based on the displayed classes V & R.

From the fact their website tells me I'd earn miles, I'd assume so but I'm still doubtful because the same trip is sold by Air France under the "Mini" fare, meaning no Miles/QF...

Any idea if I should go for it or simply sit on the (small) savings and go for a "Classic" fare directly from Air France, just to be sure ?

Last edited by WrokTravel; Nov 17, 2014 at 5:13 pm
Old Nov 18, 2014, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by WrokTravel
Hi there, since I'm missing a few segments to keep my status and have a planned trip to Geneva, I'm doing some research to find the cheapest qualifying fare :

I found an AF round-trip (CDG-GVA) sold by KLM under the naming "Economy Restricted" that could apparently work, based on the displayed classes V & R.

From the fact their website tells me I'd earn miles, I'd assume so but I'm still doubtful because the same trip is sold by Air France under the "Mini" fare, meaning no Miles/QF...

Any idea if I should go for it or simply sit on the (small) savings and go for a "Classic" fare directly from Air France, just to be sure ?
I just booked the same exact fare (V & R) and I also saw that the price more or less equaled the AF Mini fare. So I booked on KLM.com and did earn miles. It will tell you on the KLM website exactly how many miles you will earn. I think I earned 188 miles per leg so it's really not worth stressing over in any case.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 1:28 am

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Originally Posted by stimpy
I just booked the same exact fare (V & R) and I also saw that the price more or less equaled the AF Mini fare. So I booked on KLM.com and did earn miles. It will tell you on the KLM website exactly how many miles you will earn. I think I earned 188 miles per leg so it's really not worth stressing over in any case.
It is when the OP needs segments, and a segment is, after all, a segment, regardless of the 25/50/75/100/xx earning rules.

GenevaFlyer
Old Nov 18, 2014, 2:07 am

Programs: FB Platinum for Life; BAEC Gold Guest List; Accor Gold.
Originally Posted by WrokTravel

You should take note of the experience discussed in this thread regarding KLM now selling "MiNi" fares.

-- Henry
Old Nov 18, 2014, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by GenevaFlyer
It is when the OP needs segments, and a segment is, after all, a segment, regardless of the 25/50/75/100/xx earning rules.
Sorry, I missed that part. But it's all good as I did earn a segment credit for my flight.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 4:18 am

Programs: FB Silver
Originally Posted by Henry III
You should take note of the experience discussed in this thread regarding KLM now selling "MiNi" fares.

-- Henry
Thanks, I eventually noticed this thread and posted in it

Sorry, I missed that part. But it's all good as I did earn a segment credit for my flight.
Thank you for your answer. While I decided to play safe for this run, the information is still useful....

Were the ticket conditions also labeled as "Economy Restricted" (no modification/refund) ?
Did you have to request/fight in any way to get qualifying seg/miles ?

In any case, maybe would be useful to report the information in the above mentioned thread, including the exact fare and not only the class ("Classic" priced ticket for the same trip are also under V/R classes) ?
Old Dec 22, 2014, 7:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Elite Platinum
If I use miles for a Classic Award today US>CDG....and then in a few months, the same city pair goes on Promo Award....am I allowed the get my 25K miles back (each way) and only pay 12.5K miles each way?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.