Flying Blue FAQ

Old Jul 31, 2009, 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
How can I book a RTW award?

I'm pretty sure I could book 2 RTW award trips in biz with my FB miles. I've searched the FB website but can't find out how many miles I would need. Also, the pathetic FB booking engine won't let me even try to book.

The UK contact number is an expensive 0870 number, which we can't dial from the office. I have e-mailed my questions to FB but with no response.

Has anybody booked RTW awards, and if so, what is the route to success? Is there a landline number, whether UK or French? (And I could ask why some countries have 800 numbers, but that would be a rant. )

Thanks for your help.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 2:57 am

Programs: A3/Gold, BA/Gold + other less precious metals
Originally Posted by Roger
... Also, the pathetic FB booking engine won't let me even try to book...
Sorry, can't help you with your other questions though I suggest you search in the SkyTeam RTW thread; I remember someone was talking about this the other day.

As for the above observation, is there ANY airline website out there that currently allows you to book RTW award trips?! Personally I don't find the FB award booking site "pathetic"; at least it gives you options across a range of dates, airlines, classes... Certainly above average.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for your quick response, nomad1974. Yes, I saw the other thread which said inter alia that there was no such thing as a ST RTW award, each member making its own offer. ISTR that DL was 300,000 SkyMiles, for example.

I'd like to book 2xRTW in business class using my FB miles and would value any advice as to the number of miles needed and how to contact FB using a UK or French landline.

I maintain the FB booking engine is pathetic. I've tried many times and got the 'technical error' message after selecting flights. Also it's very difficult to get UK-US options other than with KL or AF, and even they are scarce. Checking award flights with DL for example produces availability on DL, CO and NW as well as AFKL which does just doesn't show with FB, even AFKL options which don't show on FB.
Old Aug 1, 2009, 3:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Evidence of human interaction!

I e-mailed my questions to FB online and got an answer - by snailmail. Gosh, it's taking a long time to enter the 20th century, let alone the 21st.

RTW in business costs 280,000 miles, 140,000 in economy.

'These tickets can only be requested in written (sic) with a signed request by letter or fax. Please state the dates and destinations and the passengers flying so that we are able to make a bookign (sic) for you.'

Oh, yeah? I can already see the 'this is not possible' response. If online availability is pants, I somehow don't think the letter or fax option is likely to be any better.

They do offer a UK phone number - (+44) 0870 24 29 242 which wouldn't work without omitting the leading '0' - but not a French phone number. www.saynoto0870.com offers 020 8750 9200 as an alternative, asking for Flying Blue Customer Care. This seems to be the main switchboard for KLM in Bedfont.

I'll do some research before trying that number.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 6:15 am

Using FB miles on Delta

Greetings all, I haven't been able to find an answer to this perusing the forums: can FB miles be used to book flights on Delta directly and if so how? TIA.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by voorzitter
Greetings all, I haven't been able to find an answer to this perusing the forums: can FB miles be used to book flights on Delta directly and if so how? TIA.
Of course. FB miles can be used to book flights on all airline partners. You might have to call FB if the flights you want do not appear online.

Oh, and welcome to FT ;-)
Old Sep 25, 2009, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by nomad1974
Oh, and welcome to FT ;-)
Thanks very much!

Do I understand correctly then that as a FB member I can access Delta flights only through the FB system but not through Delta's own program?

The Delta option I'm interested in offers a direct connection (and taxes and charges 80% less) but on the FB website is only ever available a few weeks in advance.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by voorzitter
Thanks very much!

Do I understand correctly then that as a FB member I can access Delta flights only through the FB system but not through Delta's own program?

The Delta option I'm interested in offers a direct connection (and taxes and charges 80% less) but on the FB website is only ever available a few weeks in advance.
That's right. You want to use FB miles so you need to contact FB.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 1:57 am

Originally Posted by nomad1974
That's right. You want to use FB miles so you need to contact FB.
OK, thanks. Maybe what I need to do is phone them, as you suggested.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 5:21 am
ixs

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by Richelieu
  • Access to lounges with one guest when flying a Skyteam flight
    Free Internet access in lounges has been denied so far at AMS.
I think that part is definitely not true anymore if it ever was.

I've been a guest in the Schengen area Crown lounge at Schiphol on Friday and they do have several notes scattered around the lounge containing the authentication password to the lounge wifi. And it is very simple and even visible before entering the lounge. I wonder how many people are snarfing the wireless from downstairs. :-)
Old Nov 21, 2009, 8:29 pm

Programs: Mucci Reperateur des Coeurs Brises
(Elite) Bonus miles on discounted economy classes

I tried a search but found nothing...

Are the bonus miles for elite members based on the actual miles flown, or on the miles earned based on class of travel, when flying in discounted economy?
Old Nov 22, 2009, 12:36 am

Programs: QR Silver, BA Silver, FB Gold
Originally Posted by SchmeckFlyer
I tried a search but found nothing...

Are the bonus miles for elite members based on the actual miles flown, or on the miles earned based on class of travel, when flying in discounted economy?
They are calculated as a percentage of the miles earned based on the class of travel, not the actual miles flown.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 1:41 pm

Programs: WY, OW,QA
Missing Miles

This is my first post. Sorry if in wrong place.

My last SEA-AMS trip, now on Delta, Business Class, was credited to my account for only 1,100 miles, and underdescription, instead of SEA-AMS, it literally has ***

Now I know I usually get about 5,000 level miles for this--which I NEED to maintain gold this year. There is a similar one in November, economy class.

Does anyone have the US FB phone number? I had this once?

Any other similar experiences? Any problems with the Delta merger being experienced?

Thanks All!
Old Dec 7, 2009, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by europa13
This is my first post. Sorry if in wrong place.

My last SEA-AMS trip, now on Delta, Business Class, was credited to my account for only 1,100 miles, and underdescription, instead of SEA-AMS, it literally has ***

Now I know I usually get about 5,000 level miles for this--which I NEED to maintain gold this year. There is a similar one in November, economy class.

Does anyone have the US FB phone number? I had this once?

Any other similar experiences? Any problems with the Delta merger being experienced?

Thanks All!
Welcome to Flyertalk!

From af.com, FB phone numbers:

USA - Canada – Bermuda: + 1 800 375 8723
from abroad: + 1 519 772 3570
Old Dec 7, 2009, 2:36 pm

Is the June 5th "05 post still accurate?

Hi,
The second post under this sticky thread lists info for this program. Is it still accurate or has it been updated? Thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.