Flying Blue FAQ

Old Apr 4, 2008, 8:09 am

Programs: KLM, EuroBonus
Question "Segments" vs "Level flights" vs "Required number of direct flights"

Hi everyone,
I'm hoping one of the experienced "long-haulers" can clarify the following - which is somewhat ambiguous to me:

While the "Level miles" logic is quite strait forward, I am struggling to understand what is counted (flights/segments/one-way-trips) to determine when one has reached the different levels in the FB program:
* KLMs webpages states the "Required number of direct flights".
* The Milage summary web page states my number of "Level Flights.
* The FAQ in this thread talks about the number of qualifying "Segments".

Can someone please clarify what a "direct flight" is? I have currently racked up 22 "Level flights" but I am still an Ivory member. I find this a little strange; why operate with a number "Level flights" if it is something different from what is determining the membership status?
Old Apr 21, 2008, 8:23 am

Programs: Flying Blue, BA, Emirates
anyone know if FB have any sort of recommend a friend scheme whereby your get bonus miles?
Old Apr 25, 2008, 11:01 am

how long does it take to for KLM to credit miles on your account now on average?

I travelled 5 days ago but haven`t received the credit yet. They used to credit within 2-3 days before at least in my experience but haven`t used them in a while.
Old Apr 25, 2008, 2:11 pm

Programs: FB Plat HH Gold
Originally Posted by robledouk
how long does it take to for KLM to credit miles on your account now on average?

I travelled 5 days ago but haven`t received the credit yet. They used to credit within 2-3 days before at least in my experience but haven`t used them in a while.
As I see when I get credited, I guess they update over the weekend with all flights credited up to Wednesday before.
Old Apr 27, 2008, 3:37 am

my mother recently missed her connecting flight in AMS from DUS (KLM`s fault) and was reissued a ticket with booking class X. Looks like she was awarded the full 750 miles. Is that normal for X booking class? Or KLM just gave those miles because she was delayed out of DUS as it was their fault? I read in the FAQ that X class is like an award ticket and possibly don`t get miles. Just wondering what the norm is

04/22/2008 KL 1858 DUS AMS N 25 % 187
04/22/2008 KL 965 AMS NCL X 100 % 750
Old Apr 28, 2008, 12:12 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by robledouk
my mother recently missed her connecting flight in AMS from DUS (KLM`s fault) and was reissued a ticket with booking class X. Looks like she was awarded the full 750 miles. Is that normal for X booking class? Or KLM just gave those miles because she was delayed out of DUS as it was their fault? I read in the FAQ that X class is like an award ticket and possibly don`t get miles. Just wondering what the norm is

04/22/2008 KL 1858 DUS AMS N 25 % 187
04/22/2008 KL 965 AMS NCL X 100 % 750
Class N and V 25%
class X 100%
as mentionned on KLM site:
"Only the following booking classes are eligible for earning Miles: B, C, E, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, Q, S, T, V, X, Y, Z.
Note: only 25% accrual of your actual flown miles for bookings in classes V and N."
Old May 2, 2008, 6:09 am
PJK

Programs: KL/AF FB Plat, Hilton Silver, La Quinta Gold
Originally Posted by leonleonb
Class N and V 25%
class X 100%
as mentionned on KLM site:
"Only the following booking classes are eligible for earning Miles: B, C, E, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, Q, S, T, V, X, Y, Z.
Note: only 25% accrual of your actual flown miles for bookings in classes V and N."
On Air France, X is the standard award booking class for economy. (On KL it would be W for economy)
On KLM, X is the highest intra-europe booking class (more expensive than S and B) and usually only 50 euro's return cheaper than Z (europe select).
Old May 27, 2008, 12:08 am

Smile Enquiry on miles

Hi,

I will be flying KLM to amsterdam in june from singapore. Singapore -> Amsterdam -> Singapore.

I understand that the miles will be credited to my account after 48 hours of my flight. May i know any mile will be credited after my first flight Singapore -> Amsterdam ? or i have to complete the return flight before the miles will be credited.

thanks.
Old May 27, 2008, 12:19 am

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Hi FirstFly,

Welcome to FlyerTalk!

Originally Posted by FirstFly
I understand that the miles will be credited to my account after 48 hours of my flight. May i know any mile will be credited after my first flight Singapore -> Amsterdam ? or i have to complete the return flight before the miles will be credited.
Your miles will be credited after each flight. So you will start seeing miles a couple of days after your SIN -> AMS leg.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Jul 30, 2008, 2:29 am

Question

Hi everybody,

sorry for asking a rather dull question, but I'm a bit confused: I have a trip booked on DL-DL-DL-AF, however all segments are in fact operated by AF. All flights are in cheapo booking classes, so there'll be a huge difference between the miles I'd get on DL flights and the ones I'd get on AF. So, first question, will I be getting miles for DL or AF flights? If those flights were to be considered AF by FB, is there anything I can do that does the trick and makes them DL flights to FB?

Thanks in advance!
Old Sep 1, 2008, 1:24 am
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: UA 1k, TG Gold, LT Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by VS007
Hi everybody,

sorry for asking a rather dull question, but I'm a bit confused: I have a trip booked on DL-DL-DL-AF, however all segments are in fact operated by AF. All flights are in cheapo booking classes, so there'll be a huge difference between the miles I'd get on DL flights and the ones I'd get on AF. So, first question, will I be getting miles for DL or AF flights? If those flights were to be considered AF by FB, is there anything I can do that does the trick and makes them DL flights to FB?

Thanks in advance!
It depends on your fare classes (it is not helping by saying they are cheapo classes, you have to give us the exact booking classes so that we can help inform you which program to accrue those the maximum number of miles.

If you want to accrue miles on Flying Blue program, then check out this website. I think (can be wrong), most cases, T fare is the lowest Economy fare on DL coded flights, and T fare is definitely 100% eligible for 100% mileage accrual on Flying Blue.

http://www.klm.com/travel/fr_en/flyi...iles/index.htm

If you want to accrue those flights on DL Skymiles program instead, check out this website, most fare on AF flights do get a minimum of 100% accrual...of course except the real cheapo N fare.

http://www.delta.com/skymiles/about_...ions/index.jsp

Hope this helps...
Old Sep 10, 2008, 7:15 am

Programs: Flying Blue Silver, TK Miles&Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by VS007
Hi everybody,

Thanks in advance!
Don't know if I got your question right... but usually a DL-coded, AF-operated flight shows up as a DL flight on my account statement. So a TA flight booked into T on DL gives me 100% miles, while it would only give me 50% when booked into Q on AF.

Hope his helps,
haggis
Old Sep 13, 2008, 6:31 am

Hello,

Some newbie questions :-)

1) What is Europe1/2/3 in Promoawards? I am from Finland, so I'd like to book some awards from Helsinki. Do the Promoawards departing from "Europe1/2/3" include Helsinki?

2) If I fly from Helsinki to Rome via Amsterdam and back, does that count as 4 qualifying flight segments?

3) If I am travelling with a friend who is not FB member, is (s)he allowed to do priority Check-in, Security check (in Schiphol) and Priority boarding with me?

4) I'm currently on Silver level and I'll hit Gold by end of the year. Is the following statement true: I'll be on gold level for 2009 and if I don't have enough flights/miles for silver/gold in 2009, I'll drop to silver when year changes to 2010 (and stay there until end of the year)?

Thanks in advance!
Old Sep 13, 2008, 7:32 am

Programs: FB M&M AA Amex HH SPG and others
Originally Posted by manum
Hello,

Some newbie questions :-)

1) What is Europe1/2/3 in Promoawards? I am from Finland, so I'd like to book some awards from Helsinki. Do the Promoawards departing from "Europe1/2/3" include Helsinki?

2) If I fly from Helsinki to Rome via Amsterdam and back, does that count as 4 qualifying flight segments?

3) If I am travelling with a friend who is not FB member, is (s)he allowed to do priority Check-in, Security check (in Schiphol) and Priority boarding with me?

4) I'm currently on Silver level and I'll hit Gold by end of the year. Is the following statement true: I'll be on gold level for 2009 and if I don't have enough flights/miles for silver/gold in 2009, I'll drop to silver when year changes to 2010 (and stay there until end of the year)?

Thanks in advance!
1) See: http://www.klm.com/travel/no_en/imag...m126-16377.pdf
Helsinki is Europe 2, so: yes.

2) Yes

3) If on the same PNR: yes. Otherwise: no

4) Yes, but only when you earned any EQM that year. When you don't fly at all in 2009, then you drop to Ivory. You need at least one levelmile for the soft landing.
Old Sep 13, 2008, 7:35 am

Thanks Brobbel

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.